Tamworth

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Tamworth

• Author
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Squeaky bum time.

Put another way – Tamworth have lost at home to Alfreton, Scunthorpe, and Banbury.
    Tamworth have lost away to Buxton, South Shields and Chester.

Rene, if you get time why not produce the same analysis for The Iron ? It would be interesting to see in stats not emotion how we compare.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

I’ve done when we score at home:

00-15 = 5
    16-30 = 6
    31-45 = 5
    45+ = 0

46-60 = 8
    61-75 = 7
    76-90 = 4
    90+ = 1

Our defensive stats shows that we concede most often in the last 15 mins of games – which is when Tamworth are at their strongest.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I’m going to make an early prediction:

HT 0-0
    FT 1-2

1-3 with no Butterfield.

Winning goal to come in the 82nd minute.

Elliott for us.
    Finn & Jellis for them.

Att: 5,177

My money thief doesn’t have any odds for next Saturday’s NL games up yet.
    Be interesting to see their ‘thoughts’
    1-1 will no doubt be the shortest correct score-cast price.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

I compared what I could but didn’t have time to look up all the turnovers and times when goals were scored.

Tamworth have the best defence in the league having conceded only 19 goals from 28 games.

Scunthorpe have the third best defence in the league having conceded only 23 goals from 27 games.

They’ve kept 14 clean sheets from 28 games.

Scunthorpe 13 clean sheets from 27 games

In 50% of their games the opponents have failed to score!

In 44.44% of Scunthorpe games the opponents have failed to score

They’ve kept 6 clean sheets away from home – 43%

Scunthorpe have kept 3 clean sheets away from home – 23%

Sept 9th to Oct 28th they kept 6 clean sheets on the bounce.

Dec 16th to Dec 30th Scunthorpe kept 4 clean sheets on the bounce.

When do they concede goals?

00-15 min = 3
    16-30 min = 0
    31-45 min = 2
    45+ min = 1

46-60 min = 4
    61-75 min = 4
    76-90 min = 3
    90+ min = 2

They’ve conceded 6 (32%) goals in the first half of games and 13 (68%) in the second half of games.

Defeats – 6

Scunthorpe defeats – 5 (from one less game)
    Their biggest defeat was 0-2.

Scunthorpe biggest defeat 0-3
    The other 5 defeats have been by a single goal.

Scunthorpe other 4 defeats by 2 goals three times and 1 goal once
    0-1 twice
    1-2 three times
    3 defeats at home – 3 defeats away

0-1 once

0-2 twice

1-3 once

1 defeat at home – 4 defeats away

They’ve only failed to score on four occasions. 3 away games – 1 home game.

Scunthorpe failed to score on 5 occasions. 4 away games – 1 home game.

Turnovers:
    W-W 16… they’ve won 16 of the games in which they scored first

W-W = 16
    W-D = 1
    W-L = 1

D-D (0-0) = 1

L-L = 5
    L-D = 0
    L-W = 4
    They went on to win 4 games in which the opposition scored first.

Most frequent winning score:
    1-0 = 5
    2-1 = 4
    2-0 = 3
    4-0 = 3
    3-0 = 2
    4-1 = 2
    3-1 = 1

In 13 of their victories, they kept a clean sheet.

In 11 Scunthorpe victories, we kept a clean sheet.

In their remaining 7 victories, the opponents only scored 1 goal.

In our remaining 5 victories, the opponents only scored 1 goal.

No one has scored more than one goal against Tamworth when they have won.

No one has scored more than one goal against Scunthorpe when they have won.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Revised prediction (already):

H-T 0-0
    Iron 0-2 Lambs

I’ll stick with that whatever the team is.

53rd & 82nd mins for them.
    Finn & Jellis.
    One of the two to score as a result of a Tonks Tomahawk (IBBM – In to Box Ballistic Missile) throw in.

Sorry guys.
    I’d love to have the yolk dripping from my head at 5pm on Saturday.
    Nothing will give me greater pleasure.
    UTI.

Friendly LambFriendly Lamb
    Participant
    Registered On: January 10, 2024
    Topics: 0

Hi there friends.
    How’s it going this week? I hear your tip to Northamptonshire didn’t go too well. Did you manage a slight detour off the M42 on the way back and pop into Tamuff for a pint to cheer yourselves up? Always welcome, apart from those morons who threw flares at the Lamb.
    We were not at our sparkling best either up at Darlo but stubbornly managed to survive a late onslaught from the hosts to emerge with all three points and keep our impressive run going.
    I know you will be without two of your most influential players on Saturday in Whitehall and Butterfield but I have serious fears Tamworth will be below strength as well. We consider our midfield driving force Jamie Jellis to be the best player in the league and he limped off early on at Darlington with a suspected hamstring pull. He hasn’t missed a game all season but must be doubtful for Saturday.
    There will certainly be no need to roll out the red carpet for us at the weekend but any chance you could get the frost sheets down? We don’t want a rearranged game on a Tuesday night.
    As for our away following – I would expect around five or six hundred to travel, judging by ticket sales. Which is big by our standards. Just hoping none of the big time charlies, who can’t hold their Vimto, decide to make the trip.
    By the way I saw you discussing Tamworth pigs. Let me say that the Packington Porker, bred on the hillsides of Hopwas overlooking the town, is wonderful with apple sauce!
    See you Saturday.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Can we arrange a whiparound for Rene.

He really needs to get out more.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Can we arrange a whiparound for Rene.

He really needs to get out more.

I’m out now.
    I’m blaming the low sun for my poor driving today… a better day on the greens though.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I’m going to make an early prediction:

HT 0-0
    FT 1-2

1-3 with no Butterfield.

Winning goal to come in the 82nd minute.

Elliott for us.
    Finn & Jellis for them.

My money thief doesn’t have any odds for next Saturday’s NL games up yet.
    Be interesting to see their ‘thoughts’
    1-1 will no doubt be the shortest correct score-cast price.

Can you be more precise Rene ..

The colour of Gareth Ironarmys G String perhaps or how many pints drank in the iron Bar ??

Although im being bias my prediction remains a draw

hope says 1-0 scunny
    heart says 1-1
    head says 0-2 Tams

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

As i said in SFFBP ..i with show my arse in Greggs window if we beat Tamworth .. it was originally Woollies but since found out they iz closed..

we are crap at the mo, they are on fire .. hope im wrong.

UTI

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

That should drum up trade. These claims are rarely fulfilled. Wasn’t someone offering to run around GP wearing only a T-shirt with Mr Dave’s face printed on it if he hadn’t left by the start of the season?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

That should drum up trade. These claims are rarely fulfilled. Wasn’t someone offering to run around GP wearing only a T-shirt with Mr Dave’s face printed on it if he hadn’t left by the start of the season?

Ar being as Greggs are now going Global and theres a copy one called GLeggs in Bkk 2 skytrain stops from my office i will actually do it and post the pics.. of course thats IF IF if WE BEAT THEM ..

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Big crowd at the Attis Arena on Saturday, biggest crowd that Tamworth have played in front of, they’ll be overawed and the Iron will come out comfortable winners.
    It’ll be the beginning of a poor run of form for Tamworth and the start of a long run of good form home and away for the Iron.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Hope so, though the prospect of seeing IFA’s sweaty backside on here is nothing to look forward to.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Clearer footage of the goal here.
    The Darlo lad wins the header but inadvertently flicks it on to the back of the 6 yard box.

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024
    Topics: 1

Here’s hoping. Games like these set the tone for the rest of the season. Shame I won’t be able to watch as I live +- 5000miles away and can’t just stroll down to Glanford Park, and yet UEFA still thinks I should be blacked out of the game. UTI

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I may have a hunt around later in order to try and find any viewing figures for games televised by NLTV.

The fascist, oligarchic Premier League dictating to their non-members of the EFL and NL raises the question of whether we actually live in a ‘free’ country?

With the amazing technology around in 2024 it’s giving the PL the imagery of being the Premier Luddites.

You can’t beat attending a live game; however, for many people this is not possible, for various reasons – geographic, age, weather, illness, hospitalisation, disability etc.

It makes no sense to deny people access to what could be one of the highlights of their week.

It’s also restricting the revenue streams of smaller clubs.

Liverpool v Man City or Scunthorpe v Tamworth … if I was given a free ticket for both games, I’d be donating the Anfield ticket to charity.

This restrictive practice needs ending.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

A certain number of NL games are picked as live games on television, they are also allowed to show NLN and NLS games us and Tamworth have been fighting it out for months now so why it wasn’t picked god knows. I am happy that games can’t be streamed at 3pm it’s in place to protect lower league clubs more so the EFL than our leagues.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I may have a hunt around later in order to try and find any viewing figures for games televised by NLTV.

The fascist, oligarchic Premier League dictating to their non-members of the EFL and NL raises the question of whether we actually live in a ‘free’ country?

With the amazing technology around in 2024 it’s giving the PL the imagery of being the Premier Luddites.

You can’t beat attending a live game; however, for many people this is not possible, for various reasons – geographic, age, weather, illness, hospitalisation, disability etc.

It makes no sense to deny people access to what could be one of the highlights of their week.

It’s also restricting the revenue streams of smaller clubs.

Liverpool v Man City or Scunthorpe v Tamworth … if I was given a free ticket for both games, I’d be donating the Anfield ticket to charity.

This restrictive practice needs ending.

Is owned by Stream AMG.
    Which is owned by PA Media (formerly the Press Association)
    All stitched up, innit?
    As archaic as the FA (est 1863)… Fleet Street Flunkeys (est 1868).

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

A certain number of NL games are picked as live games on television, they are also allowed to show NLN and NLS games us and Tamworth have been fighting it out for months now so why it wasn’t picked god knows. I am happy that games can’t be streamed at 3pm it’s in place to protect lower league clubs more so the EFL than our leagues.

Those that live abroad (IFA in Thailand) wouldn’t be attending a lower league match anyway. International viewing at least should be available.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant

Yeah exactly. It’s 2024. And according to NLTV, I could watch every NL game because I’m international, but for some reason, NLN and S games are restricted by the 3pm broadcast rule? I don’t get it. Tamworth is a pretty big game for me because a win really helps get them to a league I’ll actually be able to watch them next year.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I’ve tried using a VPN and also setting up a decoy GPS location – all to no avail, I’ve still not being able to get the 3pm kick offs which clash with the Premier League.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Billy Hills current odds for the game:

Iron Evs
    Draw 12/5
    Lambs 21/10

As ever, 1-1 is the shortest priced scorecast at 5/1

The 0-2 that I’ve tipped is 16/1

1-3 is 25/1, so I’ll throw £4 on that, just in case.

1-0 to Scunny is 7/1
    2-1 to Scunny is 15/2

Just saying like.
    UTI

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

National League 15:00 Saturday games are available for international customers or those with the right VPN.

NLN & NLS 15:00 Saturday games are not streamed at all except international weekends i.e. no Premier League matches. This is I guess a commercial decision by the National League. They probably think not enough international customers real or pretend of NLN & NLS clubs to make it worthwhile.

I watched most Saturday away games I could not attend last season with Nord VPN being the most reliable VPN I found to dodge the blocking tactics most other VPNs succumb to. The only problem is you can not cast to a smart TV while using a VPN so you are limited to watching on a tablet as they are effectively on different IP addresses. I believe there are very fiddly methods of getting from phone/tablets to TV screen using cables but I couldn’t get that to work well so gave up and just watched on a tablet which you get used to.

Previous seasons in the EFL it was easier and cheaper as you could get a season pass as an “international” customer for about £140 for all matches home and away. Good value as I often worked abroad pre Covid.

The nuclear option would be to get a dodgy box and you can watch pretty much any game that is being streamed anywhere in the world direct on your TV including those streamed at 15:00 Saturday but of course I would personally never dream of depriving Sky, TNT and the Premier League of their revenues and profits.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

It is not about clean sheets etc’ it more dependant on present form’ Tamworth are on a hell of a run of winning games, whilst Scunny have recorded one pouint fr5om their past two games’ added to the fact that Butterworth and Whitehall are abcent, and Smith now back to Scotland, we have 3 of our main players out on Saturday, added to that is their replacements are not stepping up to the form that is needed, I can see poor results on Sat and at Blyth on Tues.

SCUNTHORPE 0 TAMWORTH 2 AQTTENDANCE BEING 4,897

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant

Is Whitehall back for Tamworth? Or does he have one more to go?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Butterfield and Whitehall will both be missing vs Tamworth. They are both back next game !

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

It is not about clean sheets etc’ it more dependant on present form’ Tamworth are on a hell of a run of winning games, whilst Scunny have recorded one pouint fr5om their past two games’ added to the fact that Butterworth and Whitehall are abcent, and Smith now back to Scotland, we have 3 of our main players out on Saturday, added to that is their replacements are not stepping up to the form that is needed, I can see poor results on Sat and at Blyth on Tues.

SCUNTHORPE 0 TAMWORTH 2 AQTTENDANCE BEING 4,897

7 wins on the bounce – 4 clean sheets in that sequence. Only conceded 1 goal in each of the other 3 games.

But… you are correct about us.

The question I ask myself is… who would score for us in the game? I can’t see us scoring.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

” The question I ask myself is… who would score for us in the game?”

Anybody but Fitz and Clunan I reckon.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Has the anticipation factor of being a ‘proper’ game!

https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/tfc-news/20240119-lambs-head-to-scunthorpe-united

They’ve sold 500 tickets already.
    Looks as if they will number 600-700.

I see Finn is the divisional player of the month.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.