Participant
    Registered On: October 12, 2021
    Topics: 5

Are currently 1 nil up at Warrington

Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

and they have a easy 3 points to come on Sat while we have tricky game – as i said not hard to see us 8 points behind before we play them. We’ll be under a lot of pressure to beat them.
    Boston’s goal could the biggest of the season. Just like Torpey’s at Millwall was all those years ago

Iron64iron64
    Participant

goal difference only 2 behind ours now

ScunnytimScunnytim
    Participant
    Registered On: October 12, 2021
    Topics: 5

Even closer now…it’s 3 nil!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Whatever the points gap when we play them our destiny will still be in our own hands, beginning Saturday at Brackley.

Iron64iron64
    Participant

sadly its in their hands too – they’ll come here under no pressure – draw will be enough, never mind nicking a 1-0 win

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Plenty of others have come looking for a draw and got beat, think positive, you’ll live longer.

Iron64iron64
    Participant

i doubt they will look for a draw but wont worry if they get one where as it looking like we’ll need a win if Sat results go against us. Really cant see Darlo stopping Tamworth.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Based on tonight’s performance they won’t come looking for a point.

They’re not clever, they’re not pretty but they do what they do for 90+ minutes full on.

Not very entertaining but very impressive all the same.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

It’s still a funny old game iron64, I couldn’t see Middlesbrough beating Chelsea this evening but hey presto. Darlo may well spring a surprise, keep the faith UTI.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Form; last six games:

W 6 GF 17 GA 3 GD +14 Pts 18

They are smashing it!

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Sorry but Darlington cannot beat anyone let alone high flying Tamworth, it will be probably a 5-0 home win.

Scunthorpe are throwing points away to some bottom half teams simply are not taking their chances, we must win on Saturday and go into the Tamworth match 5 points behind them with a game in hand, any other position will be possibly too much to finish above them. The advantage is clearly in the Tamworths side.

So we must play for the 3 points on Saturday by playing our best team, and making the correct substitutes, not like against Boston.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

sadly its in their hands too – they’ll come here under no pressure – draw will be enough, never mind nicking a 1-0 win

Not sure about them being under no pressure. It’s tough at the top. The thought of sacrificing points, having the gap reduced and squandering all that good work will come with it’s own pressure. This is the sort of subliminal messaging we need them to hear. Make em over think it. Time for the mind games. Let’s have em losing it like Keegan.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Just a thought. Not rocket science or anything. If we have a hard game on Saturday and there’s is easy and they gain points… won’t that possibly be reversed later in the season.Has anyone the time or inclination to compare our last 20 games to theirs?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Tamworth P27 W19 D2 L6 Pts59
    Scunthorpe P26 W16 D6 L4 Pts54

You’re only as good as your last game.
    You’re only as bad as your next game.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

It will boil down to the manager – let’s see how Dean sets the team up and then adjusts should the pattern of the game dictate such. The subs last game cost us and definitely weakened the side. I would be asking Beestin if he isn’t fit enough to track back off his own mistakes should he really be considered?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

For the first time ever, at the start of this season, I thought that Beestin had finally become the player that he ought to be – one who does not just show flashes of brilliance and then disappears for a quarter of an hour at a time.
    Then came the injury, Sigh.
    He returns to first team action – and it is the former player that we see. Let us hope that it is only post-injury adjustment. We need Beestin at his best.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

100% agree Les, on his day Beestin can be a match winner – and was adding goals again. Now it’s all gone backwards a bit.
    He seems disinterested

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I think he is just not match fit. To be fair he has been with the club through some pretty dark times from a playing performance perspective but I’ve never really questioned his effort.

He does not seem a naturally fit lad and has taken time to get up to speed after previous injuries and the lack of reserve/U-21 football does not help.

Look at Roberts. For the first 3 or 4 games back he pretty much lost the ball every time he was given it. On Saturday he was showing a turn of pace we hadn’t seen before and beating defenders at will.

Catch 22 with Alfie. If he doesn’t play he won’t get match fit. He won’t play well until he is match fit.

Jim bob seems to think he is a wide forward so presuming he will be first choice to replace Smith. Not sure I agree that’s his best position but safer there until he’s fit than midfield. We have Law to bring on after an hour or so as he tires.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Jimmy’s subs mostly seem to be defensive to protect what we’ve got. If we start with Roberts, Whitehall & Smith/Beestin replacing them after 60/70 minutes with Law, Elliott & Wilson would give tiring opposition legs (especially P/T) plenty to worry about.

Friendly LambFriendly Lamb
    Participant
    Registered On: January 10, 2024
    Topics: 0

Good morning Scunthorpe, from sunny, sunny Tamworth, the home of an ancient Norman castle, and our iconic heritage site, the Snow Dome!
    Please allow me, I come not to gloat or crow despite our five point advantage this morning. On the contrary, I bring goodwill, chocolates and flowers from south east Staffs.
    I have to say, I am stunned by the air of negativity on your website. It seems a bit premature for some of you men of Iron to be waving your white handkerchiefs so early in proceedings.
    How quickly the landscape can change at the top. After all, most humble Tamworth fans believe we are merely keeping the top seat warm for you. We expect nothing less than a battle to the death on April 20 – and that’s what I am sure we will get.
    But when all is said and done, surely the massive disparity in our two clubs relating to history, tradition, player-budget, spending power, full-time, fan-base and your wonderful ground, which we are so looking forward to visiting, will tilt the balance in your favour.
    However, despite all this bonhomie, I do have to take umbrage with one of your posters, MK Iron, who claims Tamworth are neither clever, pretty or entertaining.
    Let me address these three points individually.
    1. Clever. I am not privy to any Ofsted reports but I can only suggest that the GCSE success rate at English and Mathematics is at least on a par in Tamworth’s secondary schools with those in Scunthorpe.
    2. Pretty. Now granted I am no oil painting and a few of my fellow supporters can hardly claim to be Brad Pitt either. Indeed a couple of our players are in urgent need of a hair transplant – but by no means do we play ugly football.
    3. Entertaining. Again I have to concede we have a paucity of great entertainers who hail from Tamworth, though we do claim Del Trotter to be one of our own because of his love affair with a three-wheeled Reliant Robin which was built in Tamworth many moons ago.
    But on a slightly serious note, I spoke to a few Warrington supporters last night on leaving the ground who said Tamworth were the best team they had seen at their ground in years. They had been well and truly entertained by little old Tamworth.
    So, keep your chins up lads and we look forward to crossing swords with you a week on Saturday. Will Kevin Keegan be at the game? Our most famous footballing son. Paul Merson. has promised to come along to support us providing he can get out out of Soccer Saturday.
    And hopefully I will get the opportunity to say hello to a few of you pre-game in the Honest Lawyer, while drinking a pint of your finest Lincolnshire ale. You will easily recognise me, remember, I’m ugly and I will be carrying a box of Thorntons and a bouquet or red roses.
    Friendly Lamb.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Is this Rene in sheep’s clothing?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Sorry but Darlington cannot beat anyone let alone high flying Tamworth, it will be probably a 5-0 home win.

Hope it is a 5-0 home win BS seeing as Darlo are the home team on Saturday.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

I was just fishing Friendly Lamb. Thanks for the bite.

Nothing but admiration for what Tamworth have and are achieving.

You were sh1te in your home game against us but then so were we.

Pretty good last night though.

No doom and gloom here we will still win the league but I agree it will be tight.

Also give your manager the seasons award right now whatever happens. Part time on your budget. Fantastic job.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Allo allo Friendly Lamb.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Part time eh, sounds like it’ll be pass it and keep it till their little legs get tired second half, keep em chasing shadows Iron then we can kill em off.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Part time eh, sounds like it’ll be pass it and keep it till their little legs get tired second half, keep em chasing shadows Iron then we can kill em off. Mint sauce anyone?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

To be fair second place is ok we haven’t played consistently well all season and don’t deserve anything else at the moment, lucky the rest are a sack of shite else we’d be no where near, obviously mainly basing on our dismasal away showing. Not over with by any means but we do play for most of the game and not just in little spells.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

If we at least equal or better the points tally we got from the first games against our remaining opponents we should not be far away from finishing top. If Tamworth still pip us to the title then they will have deserved it. Here’s to a good clean fight for the rest of the season. May the best team win.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

The final league table of the season never lies regarding the capability of a team. Something we have been painfully aware of these last 5 years.

We are going to have to deserve it to win it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.