SWANNS Announcement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace SWANNS Announcement

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

I believe to many have got their hopes up all for nothing. Even when (if) he makes an announcement.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Which album’s that one on?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Announcement made and it seems like the usual bull.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Yup

I know where my cash is staying

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Lots of words with nothing said.

Pleased he’s staying away from the operational side as he’s a complete disaster at running a football club.

Lee will at least give us a fighting chance next year but I expect it’s going to be a long road ahead before it gets better.

apbeapb
    Participant

Yeah, load of old cobblers and nothing changes.

Hasn’t even confirmed whether the Swann’s are staying on the board (i think we all know the answer to that).

Reckons the terms of the loan put then at a massive disadvantage.

That’s odd, because he said previously the restrictions made no difference because we’d have run a budget that complied with the terms anyway

Also reckons he daren’t risk the club borrowing money they can’t pay back.

That’s odd as well, because he wasn’t shy about letting the us run up £11m of debt to enable us to lose the ground.

He’s so full of it it’s actually funny.

At least he get he can get on that stage in Blackpool and save himself the cost of booking a comedian.

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017
    Topics: 6

Under whelming.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    JackieJackie
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 3

There is nothing in the statement that couldn’t have been said on Thursday with the original announcement of stepping down as chairman. Just another way of once again getting our hopes up only for them to be dashed – typical

5 users thanked author for this post.
    TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

So you have to use the club shop and catering facilities as much as you can. Get buying those new shirts and pies, oh…🙂

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes how many were suckered in,swanny must be pissing himself with laughter.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

“Whatever you may hear or see I haven’t taken one penny out of the club”

Doesn’t the ground count?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Well what a load of bullshit again, till you and your family are out of our club i and a lot of others won’t be putting f—— all into the club that you have f—-Ed up !!!

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

He should have said nothing, I think he has made things worse.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    apbeapb
    Participant

Some of it is genuinely funny – was he able to write it with a straight face I wonder? Maybe he’s got a scriptwriter?

‘…..I have given everything….’

Phew, thank god for that. If he’d only done a half baked job we might be in real trouble now.

‘Given everything’ doesn’t extend to actually going to any matches of course, perhaps using the opportunity to engage with corporate sponsors before and after games, try and drive the turnover up a bit, etc etc.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Disappointed. A non event. What I wanted to hear … though didn’t necessarily expect … was that Lee Turnbull was coming in as the first stage of new ownership. What I also wouldn’t mind hearing is why it was ok to throw money around six or seven years ago but not in these last few. Maybe it’s personal circumstances or maybe it’s the humbling realisation that there is only so much that money can achieve and even that is limited by wrong assumptions. That admission would take humility. Probably the biggest omission is how he sees the value of the club to potential new owners and whether the supporter’s anxieties about the club’s main assets ie stadium and surrounds are ‘groundless.’ If this issue was clearly addressed ie ‘I will not be using the value of the ground to offset the losses I incurred in running the club and this is how I intend to ensure that this primary asset remains with the club after I am gone’ … then I would have been much happier.

apbeapb
    Participant

“Whatever you may hear or see I haven’t taken one penny out of the club”

Doesn’t the ground count?

And the interest I believe that was charged on the loan prior to that point, and I assume he’ll be letting us stay there rent free from now on……….

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

So, he isn’t going and we are relying on the kids again next season. When will the penny drop that it doesn’t work.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

What a joke. Is SWANN having a laugh at our expense. Nothing has changed whatsoever! It’s just the same old same old. If he thinks our youth are anywhere near good enough to survive in the national league playing against experienced physical seasoned footballers the man is utterly and totally deluded. There are teams in there better than some of the teams in efl 2. He is saying we have to be self-funding and that money through the turnstiles, season tickets etc. will fund the players. I feel we’re being duped yet again. SWANN is going nowhere unless someone is buying our club. NO MENTION OF HIM GIVING THE STADIUM AND ASSETS BACK TO OUR CLUB WHERE THEY BELONG. WHO WILL WANT TO BUY OUR CLUB WITH THE ASSETS HAVING BEEN STRIPPED AWAY. Diabolical statement in my opinion.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

So General Melchet has left the trenches and relocated to Paris, leaving Captain Blackadder and his platoon to go over the top and face the ultimate sacrifice.

Baaaah!

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

To me this just looks like his latest desperate tactic to get the fans back in their numbers spending money!
    But (and sadly) too much damage has been done, theres simply no trust left!

I’ll always support Scunthorpe and I’ll be ready to do what I can as a fan even if thats going to watch a Phenix club at a lower level in the pyramid like Macclesfield, but I won’t be doing what Peter wants and spending my hard earned money keeping his family in place when I feel so passionately against them and their running of this club.

We are no longer a football league club so its almost irrelevant if we are at step 1 or 8… whats important is the feeling of pride, belonging, passion and togetherness etc… thats just not going to be there while Peter is still involved IMO.

The only positive outcome now (in my opinion) is new ownership and the club taken in a totally different direction.

I was excited Thursday and I’m deflated tonight!!!

Nothing has changed

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

I’d love to see some get sued as a leaving present.

And in one post you reveal what a disgusting human being you really are!

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

So there we have it – The EGO has spoken and what do we know now.

That from Unofficially “I may not be there” he has now said Officially “I will NOT be there”.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

More about the author than the club, far too many unanswered questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 11

Pat, I’m disgusting for wanting people who libel people to face the consequences? Likewise I guess I’m disgusting for accepting violent people being handcuffed.

Is there anything that doesn’t offend you people?

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

So it was all an April Fool’s joke after all and we all fell for it. I wonder what he’s planning for next April?

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Topics: 11

Uptheiron99 what about the scunthorpe united owners taking the fans for granted. He as got what he deserves. It’s his club he kept telling us

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Not everyone fell for it Bobby. But those who did shouldn’t beat themselves up it’s only human nature to be positive.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

I actually think his latest press release is one of his greatest hits. In terms of his top 10 clangers, it’s right up there.

He’s somehow managed to really annoy a dwindling fanbase and sow the seeds for even lower gates in one fell swoop. Man’s an effin’ genius! How does he do it? What’s his secret?

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Pat, I’m disgusting for wanting people who libel people to face the consequences? Likewise I guess I’m disgusting for accepting violent people being handcuffed.

Is there anything that doesn’t offend you people?

Nothing wrong with violent people being handcuffed……by the Police, are you also happy for people that physically and verbally abuse fans to carry handcuffs around?

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017
    Topics: 6

Almost 24hrs on and I still don’t understand the point of it, its almost
    a cut and paste from other statements.
    I understand the club needs people through the turnstiles to survive but that isn’t going to happen with the product currently been offered.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.