SWANNS Announcement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace SWANNS Announcement

• Author
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

We supporters are all waiting with bated breath to hear SWANNS announcement. It must be tomorrow now, Sunday, as he said later in the weekend. If SWANB has a boyer/buyers and announces officially that he is selling our Club, and giving back the assets, land and stadium I am sure we will all be ecstatic, even though remember he is taking us out of ghe footbal league.if on the other hand he has just brought in LT as a puppet frontman and has no immediate intention of selling then nothing will have changed. It will just be a ruse try and extract money via season ticket sales,turnstile monies and car parking monies paid up front. We have been supporters for the last 60 years but will not be renewing our season tickets or parking bay unless SWANN sells up and leaves.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 11

Ffs what a brain dead post. That will just result in the club being put into admin.

How can some people be so stupid.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Please be careful with some of these comments.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’d love to see some get sued as a leaving present.

Participant

This is just my opinion. I guess you’re leaving too uptheiron99 with the rest of your family!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’ll be here forever.

Have you still not found the West Ham forum?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Really?

Wow!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Yes really, just because someone is a fellow Iron fan doesn’t mean if they spout defamation/libel about someone they should get away with it.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’ve read this comment a few times to try and play devil’s advocate but no, it really does seem you’re a total… [insert four letter word of your choice]

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Message for NLI, I’m sure many of us share your frustration, but don’t risk the prospect of libel.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

How dare fans express frustration or have the audacity to organise a peaceful protest at the massive financial mismanagement of our football club by one family, resulting in two of the worst seasons in the club’s history, going out the league without a fight for the first time in 72 years, and the club no longer owning our ground.

McfarlanewasalegendMcfarlanewasalegend
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 1

Hopefully statement is today and we find out whats happening. Id be surprised if a new owner or consortium isnt involved. No idea of any facts just my own opinion.

apbeapb
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

The problem PS has, is that whilst he has historically threatened litigation in the past against sone of those who have dared to express critical opinions of the great man (and in some cases perhaps gone too far) – given his abject performance over the last 4 years and the perilous state the club is in, most of the criticism now falls under the ‘fair comment’ and ‘defence of the truth’ category!

His position has been weakened considerably having been criticised by a number of high profile individuals in the media (Stelling, Neville, former players etc), and also having made a number of statements/promises that have simply not been borne out in fact.

Anyone sticking remotely to the facts and not making wholly toxic and unfair accusations is unlikely to get into hot water with our glorious leader these days.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Ffs what a brain dead post. That will just result in the club being put into admin.
    How can some people be so stupid.

Pot? Kettle?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Anyone sticking remotely to the facts and not making wholly toxic and unfair accusations is unlikely to get into hot water with our glorious leader these days.’

I think you’re right apb (and Westyorksiron), though from comments made by other posters we know some posts may have been deleted and re-edited before you read them, and this may be because some of those comments were deemed to be getting close to libellous? No one wants anyone being sued, bar UTI99 it seems!

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Perhaps he’s having a lie in?

apbeapb
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

It’s quite amusing really because unless sone really toxic/outlandish criticism is made I think we’ve actually gone beyond the libel point at Scunthorpe.

As we all know libel actions are incredibly expensive to bring – they have to be heard in the High Court and just to get through the door costs tens of thousands of pounds as a matter of course.

There’s no guarantee on a return on your cash even if you’re successful because quite often you’ll be pursuing a man of straw and awards on costs and damages for libel are also wildly unpredictable.

The usual trick is to send out a bullish cease and desist letter promising hell and damnation if there isn’t a retraction etc etc and then leave it at that.

In the current climate it seems our Chairman can’t afford to get an electrician in to fix the score board let alone fund an all expenses paid trip to the High Court for a few frustrated supporters who get carried away on the keyboard on a Saturday night after another woeful beating.

Hence, I’d be surprised if UTI99’s fairy godmother is able to grant his wish of mass litigation and a bloodbath down at the Royal Courts of Justice.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

And that’s all Swanny has done in the past the threat was good enough to make them shit their pants.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Understandable if you’re gambling with your livelihood just for a few choice words in the internet.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Understandable yes,but then said people take offence having to retract and apologize.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

A leader that rules by fear, alienates the mass public who then become too frightened to criticise or stand up for themselves.

Certain groups or individuals being publically ostracised, then black suited security people employed to protect the name of the glorious leader becoming heavy handed with ordinary everyday protesters.

A leader having taken land that does not belong to him, and trying to annex other pieces of land. A leader who can orate to the masses but delivers so very little to benefit those masses and then falls on their sword at the end leaving total chaos and destruction behind.

History………………………..

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

We’re still waiting! The weekend is nearly over. Oh dear me is this something else which isn’t going to happen!!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t put the popcorn away yet, still 10 hours to go!

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Long weekend or lost weekend?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Stop with your commotion. 🙂

inspectorinspector
    Participant
    Registered On: September 11, 2016

Read 1984 and Animal Farm!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

He should quit looking in the mirror hoping for Perfect Skin and get on the website to announce his Perfect Plan. E.G. Sell up, move on and give us OUR ground back.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

He should quit looking in the mirror hoping for Perfect Skin and get on the website to announce his Perfect Plan. E.G. Sell up, move on and give us OUR ground back.

He got a brand new friend in Lee Turnbull. 🙂

4 users thanked author for this post.
    TheLionRic Soulby
    Participant
    Registered On: October 18, 2017

Also Beyond a Pale Horse…

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If he doesn’t announce anything, are you ready to be heartbroken?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.