Swann

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Swann

• Author
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Why don’t you have yourself a few months off UTI99 and then come back refreshed to tell us why it’s our fault we’re shite in the National league.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 11

Supporting a team isn’t dependent upon them being good is it?

I’ve enjoyed 5 promotions and hated 5 relegations during my time supporting SUFC, that’s football for you, full of ups and downs.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Aye it’s always been a roller coaster ride watching Scunny but we enjoyed most of it in the comfort of our own ground. Awaits banal aimless response ” whoever owns the club owns the ground ” and blah blah blah.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant

UTI99 – I have a season ticket for home games. I’ve managed the away games at Mansfield and Port Vale. I have an iFollow season pass so I don’t miss the games I can’t get to.

I fully understand supporting the team through ups an downs which I have done for 56 years despite living well away from the area for over 30 of those years.

I just get a bit pissed off at being told the current shit show is somehow my fault.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

@MK Iron – I’m with you on this.

I’ve been supporting Scunthorpe United since the days of John Duncan. I bought a season ticket last season, and sponsored home, away and 3rd kits for JB. This season I have bought a season ticket despite knowing that I will only be able to attend a handful of matches, along with this I also have an iFollow season ticket, and always purchase a ticket for any live streams.

Like most supporters, I get annoyed at being told that the current plight is somehow the fault of the supporters.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Surely you don’t need it clarifying that the comment was aimed at stayaways?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

If any business got in to such a state it would need some urgent investment to get back on an even keel and on an upward trajectory. At the moment the only thing I see being ‘sustainable’ UII99 is a slow painful spiral downwards; a vicious circle in which he won’t spend much more to halt the decline and increasing numbers of supporters aren’t prepared to pay to witness a car crash on and off the field. ‘Incompetence’ has been bandied about recently. I see no sign of that changing soon. Forget about expecting fans to support no matter what, that’s naive talk. Any fool can see this doesn’t just stop at National League and hey presto, straight back up. The future looks bleak unless big changes happen.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Why’s it naive? If you want to enjoy the good times you’ve got to endure the bad. Imagine what difference an extra 1000 fans could make to the playing budget? £250k per season at least!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Why’s it naive? If you want to enjoy the good times you’ve got to endure the bad. Imagine what difference an extra 1000 fans could make to the playing budget? £250k per season at least!

Hi UTI, can you give some examples of initiatives put in place by the club to try to attract new fans (customers) or get old ones to return? Thanks!

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

I’ve supported the Iron at OSG and GP.

I’m a stay away a moron or whatever they’d like to call us.

One thing is for sure with the rudderless direction we’ve been going the last few or too many seasons I’ve made the right decision and our wallet is looking all the better for it.
    Plus I’ve not wasted 5 hours of my Saturday afternoon watching no better football than I’d see at a semi pro outfit.

I’ve logged onto I-follow a time or too for a jolly good laugh. Because that’s all it’s been.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Check the website Ferrite, there’s some offers on I believe.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If only it was as simple and black and white as that. Platitudes aren’t going halt the decline. But you carry on sticking your head in the sand.

An extra 1,000 fans? That don’t come for free, I know that much!

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

The issues are not down to ‘stay away fans’ though. We are in the mess as a direct consequence of the way that Swann has ran the football club.

Constantly blaming stay away fans for our current plight does not cut it, especially when there are five other clubs in League 2 who currently have a lower average attendance than us for this season, and there were eight in 2019/20 season.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

As per my previous post on this thread, you don’t offer a reason why these supporters are stayaways.

Can’t just be a fear of catching Covid can it?

HeckIronHeckIron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 0

Question: What came first – the poor product (i.e. money spent by fans attending games being wasted on players of inferior quality, nothing spent on improving the facilities etc. etc.) – meaning fans were subject to lack of entertainment, team spiralling out of control despite them having attended and paid their hard earned?
    OR
    Fans, having spent their hard earned attending and supporting their team, identifying that the product no longer matches the outlay and therefore deciding not to attend any more, resulting in less money to spend (i.e. having to spend less on players of inferior quality, having nothing to spend on improving the facilities etc. etc.)?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

A few token offers do not equate to initiatives UTI99. You certainly seem to reflect the club’s approach to business uncannily!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’m not talking about the past, I’m talking about what will give Hill the best chance to put together a competive squad going forward.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

You’re the person being nieve uti99 if you think that any revenue coming in to the Club will be spent on players and making the ground reasonable again. In my opinion SWANN wouldn’t spend a penny investing in our football club, it would be spent to his benefit alone as he has no interest whatsoever in Scunthorpe United FC.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You talk like you’re stuck in the past UTI99 because you expect blind devotion and never seem to take in to account market forces and competition for supporter’s money. Okay maybe not the past, maybe cloud cuckoo land.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

When are you going to change your username?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Ok Deerey I’ll leave you to keep crying about the past and see how that helps the team in the future.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Who, me?

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

SWANN needs to get the club officially up for sale as did the Allans at Hull City and see what interest we get as I don’t see any way forward whatsoever while the SWANNS are still here. SWANN says he will sell with the right offer, that’s just talk until he actually puts the club on the selling market.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

I’m not talking about the past, I’m talking about what will give Hill the best chance to put together a competive squad going forward.

It’s too late. At the latest he should of been backed at the start of January. Barring that Cox should of never started the season.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m not crying UTI99, just utterly fed up with it all. And I think that’s justified. Anyhow, another discussion with you, another Groundhog Day! Bye for now. I’ve got a business to run!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Successful enough to buy Swann out?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

If you want to reach out to people that no longer give a toss about the Iron you are probably doing it in the wrong place.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant

Not sure why anyone would buy us out.

What is there left to buy?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Certainly not UTI99. Before I go, was the username question for me? And if so, why?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Maybe one day Deerey.

No it was for the West Ham fan.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.