Home Forums The New Blast Furnace Swann Podcast Live

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 113
    Replies: 3595

Didn’t totally understand the origin of the problem. Did they pee him off first by not offering enough sponsorship or did he pee them off first by not offering enough sponsorship? Does it matter?

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 242
    Replies: 10628

What did people make of the Hurst dismissal question?

Cryptically his answer went along the lines of …

“You instinctively know when things aren’t going to work out”

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 178
    Replies: 3694

In certain situations it seems that things tend not to work out when some people or some organisation fails to agree with some other person.

1 user thanked author for this post.

inspector
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 107

I can’t help wondering which of these is the most important: the survival of the Club, the ground improvements or the flats – without saying that one is contingent on the other(s)?

THE-99%
    Topics: 836
    Replies: 4019

I know which will definitely happen

Ironawe
    Participant
    Topics: 48
    Replies: 781

Shows what a complete grip he has on the club. Very questionable decision to get rid of Hurst. Says he has no involvement with teams but then says he offer opinions and he’s been coaching 20 years – coaching who? I’ve been golfing 30 years and I’ll wager I’m as good at that as this chairman is at coaching.

Complete U turn on the flats/funding.

I didn’t think anybody could surpass Waltham in the whole stadium debacle but he’s getting some stiff competition.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Xxx
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 116

Golfing for 30 years what would the committee say if they knew you were a warrior
    Is your name on the club house wall awe you make me laugh
    Tie and jacket please
    Hm double standards
    Haha

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 3901

Different Iron-awe you numpty, keep up you silly old cod piece.🐟🐟🐟

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 113
    Replies: 3595

😂😂😂

TwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1668

Golfing for 30 years what would the committee say if they knew you were a warrior
    Tie and jacket please
    Hm double standards
    Haha

It’s good to see you at have the time at last. 😘

It’s our time.

WonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 272
    Replies: 5372

Shows what a complete grip he has on the club. Very questionable decision to get rid of Hurst. Says he has no involvement with teams but then says he offer opinions and he’s been coaching 20 years

Look, during MCalls tenure, Swann hinted that he brought Van Veen in and MCcall said that 2 or 3 other players who came in he knew absolutely nothing about and he only knew of 2 others who came in because he was told.

That was the work of the transfer committee…you have to ask yourself, if certain people were doing ONLY THEIR JOBS THEY’RE PAID TO DO….would we have had so many managers employed and sacked in such a small amount of time ?

I know Wharton’s lack of funds pumped into the club derailed the progress in the end but one thing he did do is employ top quality people in key positions and let them do their jobs while he just sat in the background.

It was that simply run…he also included the community and kept local business ties with the club.

All the structure was ripped out, everybody was turfed out the boardroom, now we’ve ended up with the club being gripped tightly in a Swann head lock with no real other influences.

Who’s board room members now who has a say ?. Swann Sr, Swann Jr ,Mrs Swann and Rodwell?

It’s very strange. I have my own thoughts as to why so managers have been employed….all this from Swann, “we’ll look into this, I’ll look into that”

In my opinion chairmen should stay in the background and do what they’re supposed to do, leave the football to the football people and you take care of the business side of things as Wharton used to.

20 years of coaching experience ?.

What’s he been doing, watching Match of the Day and playing Championship Manager ?. I know he had a dabble at Gainsborough but then left not that long after.

I fear a sense of over involvement….I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.

This is a hypothetical scenario….

Manager comes with his own ideas, somewhere along the line, said manager struggles. Outside involvement kicks in, opinions and suggestions get thrown about and manager is alarmed.

Players come in, some of which he has absolutely no idea who they are and end up not fitting his system.

Said manager struggles even more as a result, more outside opinions get thrown around…said manager becomes disillusioned..he then complains and kicks up a fuss and get’s turfed out shortly after.

I’m by no means claiming anything written in this post to be fact. These are simply my thoughts…nothing more, nothing less.

There is a possibility that the inner workings at the club are all perfect…Swann is a model chairman and I’m an absolute lunatic.

I’ll let you all decide.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Ironawe
    Participant

Tie and jacket please
    Hm double standards
    Haha

XXX sorry to disappoint but I’m not a member of any club just try and swing some sticks 2/3 times a year. The point being I’m pretty bang average and so saying ‘I’ve been coaching for 20 years and had all the jobs in football’ is pretty empty statement but indicates a mindset that gets to the root cause of some of the problems at the club.

So imagine I joined the local club, bought the captaincy/chairmanship and then decided to put all the holes/flags in the bunkers because I’ve played it for 30 years and I will decide where to put the holes……hang on why is the membership declining

3 users thanked author for this post.

cassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 178
    Replies: 3694

“Who’s board room members now who has a say ?”

Just reminded me of Brian Clough’s idea of the perfect football club Board of Directors.
    “4 members – 3 dead & 1 dying”
    Also to his wife as she got into bed saying ” God I’m tired” Cloughie’s response – ” Call me Brian when we’re in bed”
    Priceless.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Xxx
    Participant

I apologise I do not think you are a warrior I made a mistake
    But some of these other people need standing up to I’m afraid

Northumbiron
    Participant

And after listening to that podcast I’m afraid too!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Ironawe
    Participant

No worries XXX

Ironawe
    Participant

No worries XXX

You can take those as an address to your username or kisses 😆

WonderGoals
    Participant

And after listening to that podcast I’m afraid too!

Swann is an expert in talking while at the same time saying absolutely nothing…he’d make a perfect politician.

I didn’t hear one solution to any of the problems raised, just a complete load of hot air.

I always get the impression when I hear him talk that he’s put himself in a footballing position instead of just been in the background.

This whole plan with the u23’s I think came from when Crewe played us off the park away from home with a team full of kids.

I suspect he’s thought, we’re losing money like water, they’ve done it with kids so why can’t we…hence this route we’ve gone down.

I doubt there was much planning behind it.

I wish Swann would stop offering opinions on current players..Rory Watson is shit. If you play with a team full of kids, you need to do what Laws did when he was here.

Experienced GK, CB, CM and a streetwise striker…leadership throughout the spine.

If we opt for Watson as the GK, we’re in deep shit for next season.

I’m glad I forgot about the interview when it was aired now….I would have been disappointed waiting to here what was said, which was admittedly not a lot.

3 users thanked author for this post.

BadApple
    Participant
    Topics: 146
    Replies: 2113

The interview was made up of two parts.

Stuff most of us already knew or suspected yet denied by some.

Stuff we didn’t want to hear.

TwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 1668

The next interview Swann does should see the BBC’s Amanda White asking the questions. She’s the only journalist that has had the balls (irony optional) to ever stand up to old man Allam, and pursue a point.

It’s our time.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 321

calling someone “sweetie” and now “kisses” ironawe i wonder.

Northumbiron
    Participant

At least we now know why the catering is so bad.

Apparently six staff didn’t turn up one Saturday.

THE-99%
    Topics: 836
    Replies: 4019

Didn’t totally understand the origin of the problem. Did they pee him off first by not offering enough sponsorship or did he pee them off first by not offering enough sponsorship? Does it matter?

Perhaps they didn’t slag the council off enough?

Ironawe
    Participant

calling someone “sweetie” and now “kisses” ironawe i wonder.

You’re mixing up your Iron Awes. Whilst I admit to the latter I refute the former

WonderGoals
    Participant

At least we now know why the catering is so bad.

Apparently six staff didn’t turn up one Saturday.

According to him catering is suitable and serves a purpose with a normal sized attendance but mostly struggled when hosting Grimsby and the increased crowd.

I personally think it’s shoddy full stop but there you go.

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 154
    Replies: 4056

How on earth would Swann know whether the catering is good, bad or indifferent?

Does he use/see the catering points used by average supporters?
    Or the toilets?

Resounding NO to both.

So he needs to either experience it or shut up. Only a buffoon expounds on things of which he has no experience.

vader
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 130

Off course he knows Alchy, his righthand man (Duzznowt) will be keeping him informed, he did say he relies on Duzznowt an awful lot !

(Blind leadimg the blind springs to mind)

Pat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 1684

Rory Watson is shit.

I’m sorry I’m just not having that, nobody that gets anywhere near playing football at a professional standard id shit, he may not be the best keeper that we have ever had but he is not shit, I really hope this lad comes back to bite some of our supporters on the arse as I suspect Wooton will after the amount of unwarranted abuse he recieved.

Pat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 1684

According to him catering is suitable and serves a purpose with a normal sized attendance but mostly struggled when hosting Grimsby and the increased crowd.

The increased crowd he knew all about in advance due to it being all ticket?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Xxx
    Participant

Always ends up with pies you need to ask our resident expert

The topic ‘Swann Podcast Live’ is closed to new replies.