Swann out at last!!!

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Swann out at last!!!

• Author
    TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

“His name’s still above the door, one of his company’s still owns the stadium, the **** should have stuck to lounge singing.” 😁
    From the Hull City message board.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’ll be here no matter what league we’re in unlike some of you fickle f’ers.

Quite right. One clown and pantomime villain has stepped down today already. We don’t need another one!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

From Lee’s statement Swann is going nowhere, Imo.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Shame Alcy and Simon aren’t around.Dont think Alcy would buy it.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I guess if we have a buyer or a consortium of buyers ready to take over our Club it will take some time to sort everything out, all the legal side of things with the EFL checks and other legal issues. That could be why Lee is standing in with the changeover. Let’s hope this is the case.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Why has Lee left a decent job with a decent club?
    The man is no fool. There is no hint that this is just a temporary appointment.
    He knows the ins and outs. In his shoes, would you come in to act as a puppet?
    Even with a hefty pay increase – he must know that if Swann is pulling the strings, the position would inevitably be insecure.

Surely, these aren’t the answers. There must be something else in the wind.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

Please accept my apologies for being underwhelmed at this stage. Swann still has control and the ground, so nowt much has really changed on the really important stuff.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

But if he eventually goes it’s not going to happen overnight, at least UTI99 will be feeling relieved for the time being anyway.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Too late to change the really important stuff. We’re going out of the EFL no matter what.

The question is will we be starting our National League campaign with new owners?

Or will we have a club at all?

Whatever our position it sure as hell won’t be a better one than when PS took over.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

After reading Lee Turnbulls statement on the club website I don’t feel convinced. Why would a chairman who has resigned with immediate effect contact and employ a custodian of the football club. Surely the new owners would do that. Is this just another ploy to get more season ticket sales and take the heat off himself and prevent any demos from the fans.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Until our Club is officially SOLD I don’t believe it as we all know SWANN cannot be trusted!!!!!

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

At least with Lee the ‘bull’ is in the name, rather than spilling out of ones mouth each and every meeting, pod-cast, radio interview or statement.

“I will leave this club in a better position than when I took over”

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm premiership of non league teams.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Well we’ve only to wait till the weekend, to find out (said Swann) Mmmm.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

David O’Leary seen at forest pines

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Noooooo please SBB no more pleeeeeezzzze. 😂

MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant
    Registered On: October 25, 2021
    Topics: 1

As much as I’m looking forward to seeing you lot going into Non-league, I hope that you do get bought out by people who care about the club (Like our new owners), but I wouldn’t get too ahead of yourselves, Fenty made this move and it took him another 5 or so years to leave, I would be especially sceptical, as I can’t imagine many people have the money Swann will be demanding.

However, best of luck to you!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Fair point Olly, but it’s not necessarily going to pan out like the Fenty debacle is it? But, we’ll see…

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

I was not at all encouraged by what LT had to say.
    The word ‘puppet’ comes to mind – coz there will be strings attached.

This looks suspiciously like a ploy which will allow PS to stay well away from the firing line. Won’t even need to attend matches. REEESULT for him.

I can look historically at the ‘hiring substitutes’ system in the American Civil War. You paid anything between a $100 and $3,000 to some poor sod who would take over your spot in the draft and go off to the front to attempt not to get killed.

I now suspect that LT may actually be no more than a very well paid ‘Aunt Sally’. For what is is coming his way – the salary needs to be a darned good un.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Swann will always be in the firing line on here and on Humberside, if anybody bothers to call in that is. He is the man totally responsible for our clubs position and he will never be allowed to forget it. The new name above the chairman’s door means nothing it will always be Swann carrying the can even long after he’s gone, hopefully not too soon.

apbeapb
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

This is all smoke and mirrors as far as I can see – with Swann cynically trying to distance himself from the carnage just BEFORE we go down and also just before people start looking too closely at the annual accounts which have just been published (only £5.8k of the loan written down in return for GP and still a ‘real’ loss of £1m??!!)

If Swann, the beautiful Karin and their ‘moron’ son Chris (your words Chris, not mine) were all to resign from the board as well (and take the chief scout with them) and state that whilst they are of course the majority shareholders for the time being they would remain at arms length to the club then that would be a different matter – but they haven’t stated that.

This all looks like a bit of deck chair shuffling to quell the peasants revolt – and they’ve had to bring LT in to do it because SE couldn’t take any more of their absolute and total crap.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

The accounts seem to indicate last season’s wage bill was close to £3m, which given how bad the team was, is an incredible number!

Participant

After my initial feeling of exuberance on hearing the news that SWANN had stepped down as Chairman with immediate effect I now am fearful that this is another of SWANNs ploys and deceipts. Unless there is a buyer/buyers waiting in the background to take over our Club I fear nothing has changed. I have great respect for LT but he is a footballing scout/head of recruitment, never has been a club secretary or chief executive even never mind a chairman. I fear he has come here to be a frontman/puppet for SWANN, hoping that fans will spend their money on season tickets, car parking bays and return through the turnstiles to get money in for SWANN. Also to take the flak for SWANN and deter any demonstrations. I do hope I am totally wrong in what I am thinking but fearful that I am right. If I am right the SWANNS company still own our stadium, assets and land and they will not make any money available to save our Club and nothing we all will have changed. ANOTHER PLAN TO TAKE THE HEAT OFF SWANN?????

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

APB let’s face it SE didn’t take a lot he was only there 4 months. The one thing you can face (probably reluctantly) that Swann must be a good employer for Lee to come back.

Participant

“Good employer” awaywego. You’re having a laugh. Ha ha ha!!!!! He’s lost more staff than any other chairman we’ve ever had. Commercial, accountant, shop staff, stadium manager, club secretary, medical staff. Darent even mention the number of football managers he’s hired and fired anx the number of zctual fans and supporters. I guess he is the most hated man in Scunthorpe right now. But I’m scared he’ll be last man standing!!!!!!!!

Participant

You must be the only happy employee he has awaywego!!!!!!

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

Nothing has changed if he still owns the club. Peter must pay well for Lee to come back as did Russ.
    Same again peter acts every time a protest is called.
    Should call is bluff and carry on with the protest.
    We are still going out the league with a whimper after 72 years.
    It’s a total mess

BeefykeefyBeefykeefy
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2021
    Topics: 2

He won’t be there to see any protest, he’ll swerve it. He’s doing a Fenty and stepping out of the firing line the B#######d.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Certainly will not be Timothy Leary !

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Isn’t he dead, SF? (It made everyone rather blue and moody.)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Lee’s third stint under Swann would say otherwise NLI.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.