Supporter Liaison letting me down in my opinion.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Supporter Liaison letting me down in my opinion.

• Author
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I recently emailed the club via the supporter liaison email address in the hope of a certain recourse in a situation I found intolerable .You’ll notice I intentionally didn’t post here or anywhere else at the time in order to get the best and hopefully most discreet response at a time when the club just needed to settle down . To say I am disappointed with the liaison response is an understatement.
    I initially had no response so I nudged him on twitter and he denied receiving my email , claiming he had no unopened emails in his inbox and asked me to resend, he then claimed to have found in his spam folder, odd for an email from a legitimate email address ,not hotmail etc. He did say he’d now read it and escalated my concerns to the board for discussion. I was surprised to get this response and it be forwarded to the board as when I sent my initial email I noticed on twitter that he liaison had tagged the subject of my email in a quite pally way. so expected it to be buried. After a couple of weeks I’d had no real response with any suggestion f what course of action the board or whoever it got “escalated ” to were taking, even an assurance that it had been looked at and club staff reminded of responsibility would have placated me. As I’d had nothing back I emailed again a few weeks ago and the reply was basically that I’d had my response which was the “escalation” .This isn’t a response to such a complaint in my opinion ,it’s a fob off. I guess it’s a hangover from still having staff from Hilton and Swann era in place. I have since spoken to a director who said he’d not seen anything about it.
    Here’s my email complaint without the attached screenshots to save the person being doxxed any exposure ,as the club liaison seemingly in my opinion wants to ignore it I decided to post it here as sent. I am sure that when Michelle has less big issues to worry then she can get down to the nuts and bolts like this but until then we ,as fans, have to know that we can trust the staff are being manged by these at a lower level properly and robust systems are in place to protect fans from online abuse
    Anyway ,am I wrong or right?

“I think we’ve all been extremely concerned at some of the abuse aimed at supporters in the last few months from people purporting to back the previous regime and club, in some cases from the regime itself, there have been awful threats as well as the usual online abuse people seem to dish out like confetti nowadays. Added to that we’ve seen the more concerning advent of what is called Doxxing,
    “Doxxing is a form of online harassment that means publicly exposing someone’s real name, address, job, or other identifying info without a victim’s consent. The aim of doxxing is to humiliate, bully, harass, or otherwise harm a victim.”
    I copied and pasted this so as to be accurate
    I have just seen some of this aimed at on online fan on twitter ,no doubt some of you know him and will be amused that he’s getting some back but in this case he’s not only getting a bit of abuse by someone I believe to be a club contractor, Dan Stamp of Smoking Goat, but also an attempt at doxxing which is attune to saying ” I know who your are” which is intimidation and threatening in my opinion.
    I have attached
    two screenshots from twitter to show you the concerning posts .
    I think that if there are situations where the club employs a contractor or outsource ,then that contractor must be held to the same standards as any employee of any company would be when it comes to online behaviour and any behaviour that could paint the club in a bad light must be discouraged .
    You will notice that I have emailed both the trust and club as I am a trust member and a concerned fan , I have also not took this up directly online so as not to implicate or embarrass our new regime in any way , I just hope that we can see a change in behaviour and the last few months be a thing of the past
    Anthony Dent ”

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMC CMC
    fans6464

I will add the the money I always used to buy my Pie and Bovril has since gone to costa

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

From a legal eagle / eager beaver site:

“Is doxing illegal?

Dependent on the circumstances , doxing may constitute an offence under a number of UK laws. It can amount to harassment, malicious communications, computer misuse offences, data protection. It may also include blackmail and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, if the consequences cause “psychological harm that involves more than mere emotions such as fear, distress or panic”.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

From a legal eagle / eager beaver site:

“Is doxing illegal?

Dependent on the circumstances , doxing may constitute an offence under a number of UK laws. It can amount to harassment, malicious communications, computer misuse offences, data protection. It may also include blackmail and assault occasioning actual bodily harm, if the consequences cause “psychological harm that involves more than mere emotions such as fear, distress or panic”.

In this case it would be considered harassment.

qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    Registered On: July 3, 2022
    Topics: 1

Get a grip.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I emailed SLO on 20th November and have sent two “reminders.” A reply is still awaited to a very simple question, the lack of a reply is losing the club money.

fans6464

The friends of Directors were at it (doxxing) and threats again today

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

The friends of Directors were at it (doxxing) and threats again today

Really?
    Can you expand on that please?

The advocateMark B
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 0

What relevance does “friends of directors “ have unless we all think said Directors should be vetting what their friends/acquaintances post?

fans6464

it’s extremely relevant if the abusive person is well known on social media ,has behaved appallingly for months and is then apparently befriended and even after the truth all came out we never got any remorse and it’s still continuing ,then I reckon my point stands

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

What outcome would you like to see?

fans6464

Initial response I would have liked would have been some acknowledgement of things happening in the past and that from now on there is a code of conduct in place. I would have also like to see ,but never expected, even if not publicly said,some reluctance to use those that took part in such behaviour but as we saw with Simon’s little coffee club that wasn’t ever to be

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

There’s no chance of you just letting it go, 64? Bygones be bygones and all that? Sometimes that’s the best way ..though I’m not party to much of the toxic stuff that was on social media during the ‘dark time.’ I know it was strongly called out on here .. there were clearly some immature idiots having their say. If its as bad as you say and still ongoing I’d suggest an appointment with someone at the club. I guess thats why you made that contact with liaison. All most of us on here can do, to be frank, is to shrug and hope that unity grows and the legacy of the ‘dynamic duo’ fades into the past asap.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I emailed SLO on 20th November and have sent two “reminders.” A reply is still awaited to a very simple question, the lack of a reply is losing the club money.

Is this about the same thing or a different matter? Just curious.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Different matter, similar outcome – no response. If we have a SLO then he’s not doing his job by ignoring correspondence.
    BTW I emailed on another different matter in the summer, sent a couple of reminders and then gave up which appears to be the SLO preferred outcome.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Such a shame we don’t have a fan director anymore to speak for us.

fans6464

There’s no chance of you just letting it go, 64? Bygones be bygones and all that? Sometimes that’s the best way …

absolutely not if I was talking about calling someone a Knob or such like then maybe it’s time but Doxxing especially is a vicious form of intimidation designed to scare people

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.