Summer 2022 Signings

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Summer 2022 Signings

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

You noticed there was nothing then Deerey, same as the meeting “nothing”.

So really there was no point in building it up yesterday?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

So A B C D and E are going to be some of the players we may or may not sign, wonderful. I note one is a former player who I remnember being no great shakes first time around at full back but he apparently has long term injury problems which restrict his appearances. Sounds like he’s a definite signing then.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If names on twitter are right then it looks like Keith might be looking to reassemble an old Rochdale team.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Well at least the old Rochdale teams under Keith would give an opposition team a proper game, the last three seasons non of our teams have or only very occasionally.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Yep, sounds good to me if they’ll come

open hearth ironopen hearth iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 7

<blockquote chesterfield I think then moved Notts county

Played against Rick mid 80s and he embarrassed me-probably relayed that one before.

I only remember Deere as a CB. Would have been ’75, 76?

We sold him to Hull in 73 DM but he did return after a short spell in non league to finish his career with us from 78 to 1980. Legs had gone by then compared to his early days but was still a fans favourite.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant
    Registered On: March 31, 2022
    Topics: 5

Just hope their favourite form of transport isn’t a zimmer

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Sorry Deerey I wasn’t invited to the meeting, I was only letting bruers know there was a meeting,but I did expect some info on players, any movement at all on selling the club, anything really but as you can see from Lee Turnbulls statement nothing, like I said. Turnbull assured us at Orient he had the best interest of the club at heart but after that statement it doesn’t reassure me, Swann must pay awfully well that’s all I can say, he didn’t have to come here and in my opinion Hill is the same. Ps why are we clearing land for the new apartments if Swanny is selling up?.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Well if the club does get sold then maybe the owner has a clause in the sale he can still build those flats he’s banged on about for three years or more and use some of the sale cash to help build them. Seems a bit fanciful but business does move in mysterious ways sometimes.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Still joint 11th fav at 25/1 to be National League Champions 2022-23.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

So mid table then?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

So mid table then?

Happy Days!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

A few good signings so far.
    Things could well be on the up?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Remember mid table will still be a bonus after four seasons of continuous shite and failure.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

If we sign Kahoussi, 2 good strikers and possibly another CB I think we’ll be in with a great shot of being near the top. Nthle isn’t really a CB and if Taft or Boyce pick up injuries then we only have ethan young as back up.

Whitehouse and Butterfield in CM with Taft and Boyce who look really solid at the back. O’Malley and Rowe would be top end-ish fullbacks in this division. Evidence so far we have a confident and able GK.

This team though looks way more better than last seasons “not saying a lot I know” but still, it’s a vast improvement.

I bet with Butterfield and Whitehouse we would have been way more effective last season. Hill has had them slogging their guts out as well and the whole team look way, way fitter.

I feel a little odd because following Scunthorpe United in years gone by optimism and United don’t really go together but I do feel pretty bright about where we’re heading.

If Swann also goes before the end of the week then that’s another plus point.

Fingers crossed !

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The acid test is Swann, he must leave before a proper relaunch can take place, just too much poison around the place while he stays.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

The acid test is Swann, he must leave before a proper relaunch can take place, just too much poison around the place while he stays.

Couldn’t agree more.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Things certainly looking more positive now after the great signing of Butterfield … lets follow that up with new owners Swann out the door and a couple of new strikers coming in , if THATS IF all that happens my doom n gloom will have transformed into real optimism and with a good chance of a decent season.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Taft was a disappointment last season as we know just how good he can be.
    It must have been like a repeating nightmare for him seeing us ship so many goals.
    Prediction: I think we are going to see the ‘real Taft’ this year. (And yes – that would be a good thing!)

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

I think I have read that Taft played with a injury for a lot of last season and they only pulled him out of the team when we had no chance of survival, I have seen the training pictures and George and the rest of the players and look as if they are enjoying themselves, the last week has seen a sudden change in attitude from Lee Turnbull’s statement down to the players with a couple of decent signings plus one we would have been over the moon with if we had been in league 1, definitely something is happening at Glanford Park and the sooner the better.

on top of that a big new shiny sign above the east Stand with Glanford Park on it, another thing I heard on Saturday was we are trying to get someone to sponsor a new scoreboard.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

on top of that a big new shiny sign above the east Stand with Glanford Park on it, another thing I heard on Saturday was we are trying to get someone to sponsor a new scoreboard.

That’s another pointer to a take over because that was a deal Swann signed so surely if he was to stay around, wouldn’t that sponsorship deal still have been in place ?

Couple that with the fact Butterfield has come in and Swann out of nowhere is giving a random interview. I hope I’m right and he’s on the verge of pissing off.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Put 2 centre backs back on the shopping list. Taft is back to being Taft after his good performance Saturday.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

We started with our strongest available team on Saturday and you could see a difference when we brought the kids on, though with a mixed 11 tonight it sounds like we did well first half and poor in the second.
    Also Taft played with Boyce on Saturday and Rowe tonight, and I don’t think Rowe is a Centre Half, I didn’t go tonight it’s too hot for me I am afraid

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Rowe is a RB and will always be a RB…we need more players in now so we don’t fee the need to have to ram square pegs in round holes.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Rowe has never been a centre back nor a centre mid. He can get away with being a right back but even then his positioning let’s him down- luckily this can sorted with good coaching and playing with an experienced centre half.

Not overly fussed with the result but we are stick lacking in areas all of over the pitch. Got to get at least 5 in before Yeovil.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I agree. I like what we’ve done so far but definitely need more.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Rowe struggled tonight. Not good enough in the air yet to play centre back. When you are not naturally tall enough you have to be exceptional in the air to compensate. Especially true in the lower leagues where you have so many balls in the air to deal with. I would give him a full season at right back to get used to being a regular and then see if he can move to CB.

Totally agree with Mick. The starting 11 was only 4 players different to Saturday but we were much weaker as a team because of it. Having said that we created enough to be a couple up at half time if we had taken 2 of 4 decent chances. When even more youngsters came on we struggled.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

If the Rochdale game wasn’t a clear indication to Hill that we need further strengthening then I don’t know what more it’s going to take. Strength and depth isn’t really there.

Striker position is woeful to say the least.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Fletcher… subs bench tomorrow?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Left Back. Never played there before but he’s versatile apparently.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.