Stockport’s NLN Sojourn

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Stockport’s NLN Sojourn

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Stockport County’s poor fans had to endure 6 seasons at Level 6.

13-14 14th – only 12 wins from 42 games
    14-15 11th
    15-16 9th
    16-17 8th
    17-18 5th
    18-19 1st

A difficult League to escape from.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

We’re surely blessed with the light you bring every day Rene.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

We’re surely blessed with the light you bring every day Rene.

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponents.”
    — Lao Tzu

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Our opponents can easily underestimate us and seldom be disappointed.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Always IronAlways Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: March 26, 2014
    Topics: 4

Staggering that the likes of Stockport and Wrexham with their fan bases, bums on seats have struggled to escape the lower reaches and Wrexham still there after 15 years. I wonder if there is still a twist in the promotion saga prolonging the Druids stay in the NL. We may give them a helping hand in securing top spot with a shock at Notts next week, we’re due another away win.
    As for the Iron, I may be in Woodlands before our glorious return to the EFL.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

And it was only money in the end that helped or is helping them, not truly earn’t like us and others do, while the train keeps rolling I’m sure their fans will be happy though rather obnoxious with entitlement.

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 2

Staying full time will help, however, we will have some tough competition with the likes of Chester, Darlington, Kidderminster and an ambitious South Shields. With only one automatic promotion spot, our stay down there could be a long one

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Fylde have had money chucked at them too.

If they miss out this season (unlikely) they’ll be tough opponents.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Staggering that the likes of Stockport and Wrexham with their fan bases, bums on seats have struggled to escape the lower reaches and Wrexham still there after 15 years. I wonder if there is still a twist in the promotion saga prolonging the Druids stay in the NL. We may give them a helping hand in securing top spot with a shock at Notts next week, we’re due another away win.
    As for the Iron, I may be in Woodlands before our glorious return to the EFL.

I see the hollywood star fella at Wrexham has just sold his stake in a mobile phone company for 1 Billion so even more wonga to assist.

The Irons NLN stay could be longer than most think looking at the clubs there in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Staying up, staying up, staying up…

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

3 at home 5 away says different G but I do hope your right I’m off to 4 of the away games.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Strange how it’s taken so long to buy the club or part of the club.
    If we’d stayed up, I think the sale would have gone / be going through by now.
    The May deadline is well passed season end.
    Confirmed relegation to NLN – Will we see a U turn and a non purchase?
    Where would that leave us?
    Swann pulling the plug?
    Phoenix Club?
    Worrying times still.

What length of time are you predicting a return to the EFL if at all?

10 years?

tonkatonka
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 9

Rene,please bug another club,you don’t half talk alot of bollocks.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    StockportStockport
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2023
    Topics: 0

Stockport fan in peace. Offering sympathy to Irons fans as I know exactly how you all feel at this moment, Anger, despair, & pure bewilderment at how a club that graced the championship is now facing tier 6 football next season. The similarities between both our clubs fall from grace is frightening. Unfortunately I can’t offer you much in the way of optimism about what’s to come for you guys next season, If you thought the NL was bad the NLN is a whole new level of non league shiteness. There’ll be an initial period of curiosity of visiting village’s & very small towns but it really hits home when away teams turn up with less than 20, I swear we played someone at that level (can’t remember who) who brought 7 fans & they didn’t even sit together! We thought we’d bounce back 1st year (we thought the same with NL) but it was 6 long painful years, I sincerely hope you don’t suffer the same length of purgatory. Probably don’t feel like it at the moment but you need to stick together as a fan base & continue your support for team, You took 1700 to Notts County the other week, take half of that away to most places next season & you’ll dwarf the home support, As low as you feel now next season will be a critical time for the future of your club, when you sink as low as the 6th tier it becomes about how much people of your town want a football club. Our gates dipped obviously but surprisingly even spending 6 years in that hell they were still better than some of our gates at the bottom of the old 4th in the 80’s, it becomes a matter of stubborn pride over footballing achievement. Then you’ll catch a break & start to rise again just like us, Chin up & keep the faith you Irons.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.