Statement of sorts

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Statement of sorts

• This topic has 39 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
  • Author
    pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Via his right hand man Herbert
    This was our last convo

DH

I don’t have any other convictions. But the situation is simple now mate. I’ve put the club up for sale but nobody wants it. The consortium never had the money last time and still don’t. They are not interested and I’ve offered it at a considerable financial loss to myself for the good of the club. That means that if I step away the club dies. If I don’t pay money to lawyers to continue submitting docs against Swann he gets us out in a week. I didn’t give the stadium away, yet I seem to be blamed now for that to.
    If I don’t pay HMRC there will be a winding up petition put out next week.

If I don’t pay players they will leave and an embargo would stop any coming in.

If I don’t pay the bills the club will get 60 CCJs and winding up petitions in a month.

You see, people want to judge me on what I did 12 years ago. They want to judge me on things that I’ve not done rather than everything I am going Press and media want to say the FA should have more stringent checks. What have I done wrong, why does nobody mention that I saved a club in Ilkeston days from death, spent fortunes and saved a community club that is now thriving, or that I got 600 kids integrated there and paid £1m for a 4g pitch so they are altogether. What about the works and donations to less fortunate and charitable organisations, what about all the money I have put in to Scunthorpe for no reward, the 70 hours a week I’ve put in and not worked my day job, what about the fact that since I came in nobody has helped me, the council promised Quibell park for training but then change their mind because of American football (priorities right) or Ian sharp the saviour actively suing the club for 150k what about the fact the council made me spend thousands on securing land in town for a stadium with the promise of assistance to last week tell me they have no money to contribute. What about the really big businesses up there that are not interested, I’ve done everything up there on my own with the only help being the true supporters coming through the turnstiles and small and medium sized businesses supporting us. Nobody else gives a shit.

I’ve had Taft come out playing the victim but what people don’t know is that he refused to play the final 5 games, he signed for another club with a signing on fee but told them to withheld the registration so he could con another 6k from
    Us and people wonder why I’m not paying him. Why has he not gone to the PFA. What about Richard Smales who sold sponsorship and hospitality packages at a loss to the club to fund his own pocket via commission, then when he’s sacked plays the victim and now wants £6k from the club after practically stealing from us.

When you consider what I’ve gone through and the attacks on me for bringing Jimmy in, then the academy then training out of town then the dossier then they want to highlight all the things I’ve not done with no mention of all the things I have it’s a disgrace. I’m not playing the victim but for a certain mob to think I owe apologies because I denied prison and denied my past in February which I was legally entitled to do is bollocks. I owe nobody up there a dam thing.
    People can continue, they can continue to bring up my daughter and her home she works Dam hard to provide for herself and is proud, they can ridicule me for my failings, for my past and for the things I get wrong. But know this mate, them cowardly life destroying journalists and especially those trolls up there that hide behind fake accounts will never achieve what I have, I’ve said before, my life has broken
    Pieces and it’s littered with mistakes but it also has an almighty comeback and regardless of the real dark place I’m in right now I’m a better man for the path I took. This has affected not just me and the club but also my family, friends and businesses. I’m to ashamed to leave my house and I never deserved that.
    People will now see what happens when I don’t pay the bills. The ones missed have either slipped through the net or are in negotiation or quite simply won’t be paid for reasons I’ve mentioned. But they are a drop in the ocean compared to everything I have paid and sorted and now i need to decide if I stop paying and let the people who say it was for the good of the community to practically murder me publicly pat themselves on their own back for potentially killing a football club.
    Please thank everyone who supports me and I promise if I continue moving forward it is solely for them. I’m one of them and always have been.

Finally Jason, why do you think I’m all for giving second chances, you’ll see the same people get blamed in DRE that were previously banned. Any mis directed fart is their fault, just because they made a past mistake or two. Judgement of others is rife. The funniest thing is when they say that if I’d been honest about things in February they would of been more supportive, would they fuck they would have lynched me and the club would have been dead already. Apologise I fucking won’t.

This stuff is pretty car crash stuff and as luck would have it these two donuts infront can’t even concentrate on keeping a car on the M1 while I’m trying to save my football club 🤬🤬

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Resignation accepted.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

What an absolute pathetic load of self-pity. Everyone is against him and only he, the hero, is acting honourably. While everyone else is trying to swindle him and do such a hard working man down.

Full of the usual manipulative arguments and attempts at division. Time to stop digging holes Mr Hilton. All we have is words, and we know how little your words mean now.

He’s put up the club and nobody wants it – how long have you tried? Less than a week. Embarrassing.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Do you know what this is?
    It’s the worlds smallest violin.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Surely if he offers the club for the alleged quid he paid for it and leaves the same £60,000 in the bank account it’s probable someone might fancy it, he has to write off the tax bills he settled as another life experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Do we have a vice chair?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

no wonder the SUFC Fans group FB page gets slagged oof .. anything that goes against the grain however trivial is declined .. as my post below was.

please tell me what i wrote that was deemed it worthy of being declined .. WOFT

__________DH has my backing and i hope he stays to fight on or someone buys the club he saved a few months ago … but he should go through the proper channels to make a statement to fans ie the club website not here or twitter etc .. very unprofessional IMO_________

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Baz51B.gray
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 0

Right so the situation is quite simple if he decides to go the club is finished no money or buyer means no iron, I personally don’t give toss about what his past is I only know he has kept the club going thus far . I also believe he has also got by far the majority of fans behind him so I hope sincerely he ignores the keyboard warriors and continues. I might be in the minority on this sight but who cares!UTI

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Right so the situation is quite simple if he decides to go the club is finished no money or buyer means no iron, I personally don’t give toss about what his past is I only know he has kept the club going thus far . I also believe he has also got by far the majority of fans behind him so I hope sincerely he ignores the keyboard warriors and continues. I might be in the minority on this sight but who cares!UTI

I agree though Not sure you are in a minority here …

all i care about is the football club surviving whoever is the owner be it DH or another.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

One rule of a con man. Pretend that you, and only you, can be relied upon for supporting you or the thing you care about and there’s no-one else. Another rule is to point fingers at anyone not towing the line for pushing them away.

People say he has the majority on board, which is one reason his whining about people not backing him is truly pitiful.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I have no words. Well I do, but I’m not posting them here! Need to crack on with some work so please refrain from posting anything libellous!

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

The situation is more simple than the that. Right now in the present can he pay Swann for GP and pay for all the other stuff that is coming up ?
    Clearly, he can’t, regardless of his past or The Athletic article.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

‘Promise of assistance ‘ from the council over the new stadium .

Did they ever even know about it ?

The trouble for Hilton is the more he talk,the more his dishonesty shines through .

He’s calling people out on a relatively incoherent post , who legally he will in all probability be obligated to pay .

At least it’s crystal clear :
    He’s not paying Swann ,Taft, the other guy and probably whoever else he thinks he should not .

I worry for the fans who are going to have to pick up the pieces from all of this .

I hope the club survives

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

My personal take on this is that DH seemingly gets zero credit for anything and everything from certain parties.
    Has he really done nothing at all worthy of congratulation? (PS must be cackling and laughing his socks off!)
    Are some prepared to sacrifice the club rather than admit, “Okay, there are indeed some very serious questions but …?”
    Personally, I thought that our club finishing last season and continuing to exist along with a decent team must be worth some sort of credit. Maybe it’s pie-in-the-sky – but let’s not contribute to the downfall of the club.
    Better some hope than none.
    I am starting to wonder just how representative Bru is – or isn’t.
    If huge numbers vote with their feet then I guess that will tell us a story.
    I could be very wrong but I believe that most of those supporting the club will do so while there is still a sliver of hope that this may yet work out okay – or even okayish.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Many have said that they realise the difficulty in what happens next, even for those who have no trust. Many have said that he’s done well to get a good squad together, but that doesn’t excuse the lying, the inability to pay, and distrust because of his own actions and words.

I have said that if he is to go he should find a buyer, no excuses. He took it on, it’s his responsibility to find someone else, no matter how long it takes. It took Swann two years. The fans are not at fault for ‘hounding him out’. If critical voices are enough to drive him away, then the only way he could work is if everyone self-censors and toes the line, which is unworkable. Yes, this last week has been a lot of heavy criticism from some quarters, but that was always going to be the case after his previous lies and accusations hurled at anyone for having concerns.

If fans are going to make the “you drove him out” excuse, prepare for it to get ugly and fast. I don’t want that, but I fear this will be the case. Of course, it will be Hilton who will be quite pleased about this, so it takes any pressure off what he has done.

As for Swann, why would he be cackling away? He’s still not got his money for Glanford Park and this puts uncertainty in recuperating it. I doubt he is some cartoon villain desperate for us to fail, and I think this mono focus on him has blinded some to any kind of worries over Hilton.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    , Richgy Richgy
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Time for a statement from St Simon and Ian not so Sharp,rumour had it that Swann wouldn’t sell the club to them no matter what, well the club is up for sale again try again and don’t just raid the kids moneyboxes, Ian not so Sharp trying to sue the club for the 150,000 he gave Swann, really.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Careful what’s being said about all this – apparently that post from Herbert has been deleted. We don’t even know it’s words from DH or not. For all we know it could be made up.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Herbet’s saying it was deleted because of abuse in the comments and potentially falling foul of Facebook rules.

Another reason for professionalism in communication from the owner.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Am I the only person who had the Simon Bates ‘Our Tune’ theme playing in their hard whilst reading Hilton’s statement?

CMC CMC
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I saw one or two who didn’t agree – no abuse. Honestly, I wouldn’t believe or trust a thing from either of them.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Am I the only person who had the Simon Bates ‘Our Tune’ theme playing in their hard whilst reading Hilton’s statement?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Herbert did say on the FB page he was posting the convo with the risk of loosing his mate DH .. prob Hilts has told him to get it taken down.. LAUREL n HARDY stuff.

If it wasnt so serious its laughable

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Possibly. Possibly some other resson. Possibly made-up the whole thing

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

Ok so the majority of fans on this message board are against David Hilton. But the majority of the football club’s fans are not members of Bru. The Facebook page is pro Hilton, and personally, so am I.

I get the feeling there are some on here who would see the club go down the drain, just because they don’t like or trust the chairman.

It really is quite sad…

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

No, we think or worry that the club is going down the drain because of the owner.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Ok so the majority of fans on this message board are against David Hilton. But the majority of the football club’s fans are not members of Bru. The Facebook page is pro Hilton, and personally, so am I.

I get the feeling there are some on here who would see the club go down the drain, just because they don’t like or trust the chairman.

It really is quite sad…

Nothing to worry about then, enjoy the rest of the season and look forward to your seat in the new stadium in 2025.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

We just have more adult discussions here Kitchener and try not to get too tribal. There is no pro / anti Hilton label on Bru, as much as you would like there to be. Stop popping back trying create more division. It’s not a game.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Via his right hand man Herbert
    This was our last convo

DH

I don’t have any other convictions. But the situation is simple now mate. I’ve put the club up for sale but nobody wants it. The consortium never had the money last time and still don’t. They are not interested and I’ve offered it at a considerable financial loss to myself for the good of the club. That means that if I step away the club dies. If I don’t pay money to lawyers to continue submitting docs against Swann he gets us out in a week. I didn’t give the stadium away, yet I seem to be blamed now for that to.
    If I don’t pay HMRC there will be a winding up petition put out next week.

If I don’t pay players they will leave and an embargo would stop any coming in.

If I don’t pay the bills the club will get 60 CCJs and winding up petitions in a month.

You see, people want to judge me on what I did 12 years ago. They want to judge me on things that I’ve not done rather than everything I am going Press and media want to say the FA should have more stringent checks. What have I done wrong, why does nobody mention that I saved a club in Ilkeston days from death, spent fortunes and saved a community club that is now thriving, or that I got 600 kids integrated there and paid £1m for a 4g pitch so they are altogether. What about the works and donations to less fortunate and charitable organisations, what about all the money I have put in to Scunthorpe for no reward, the 70 hours a week I’ve put in and not worked my day job, what about the fact that since I came in nobody has helped me, the council promised Quibell park for training but then change their mind because of American football (priorities right) or Ian sharp the saviour actively suing the club for 150k what about the fact the council made me spend thousands on securing land in town for a stadium with the promise of assistance to last week tell me they have no money to contribute. What about the really big businesses up there that are not interested, I’ve done everything up there on my own with the only help being the true supporters coming through the turnstiles and small and medium sized businesses supporting us. Nobody else gives a shit.

I’ve had Taft come out playing the victim but what people don’t know is that he refused to play the final 5 games, he signed for another club with a signing on fee but told them to withheld the registration so he could con another 6k from
    Us and people wonder why I’m not paying him. Why has he not gone to the PFA. What about Richard Smales who sold sponsorship and hospitality packages at a loss to the club to fund his own pocket via commission, then when he’s sacked plays the victim and now wants £6k from the club after practically stealing from us.

When you consider what I’ve gone through and the attacks on me for bringing Jimmy in, then the academy then training out of town then the dossier then they want to highlight all the things I’ve not done with no mention of all the things I have it’s a disgrace. I’m not playing the victim but for a certain mob to think I owe apologies because I denied prison and denied my past in February which I was legally entitled to do is bollocks. I owe nobody up there a dam thing.
    People can continue, they can continue to bring up my daughter and her home she works Dam hard to provide for herself and is proud, they can ridicule me for my failings, for my past and for the things I get wrong. But know this mate, them cowardly life destroying journalists and especially those trolls up there that hide behind fake accounts will never achieve what I have, I’ve said before, my life has broken
    Pieces and it’s littered with mistakes but it also has an almighty comeback and regardless of the real dark place I’m in right now I’m a better man for the path I took. This has affected not just me and the club but also my family, friends and businesses. I’m to ashamed to leave my house and I never deserved that.
    People will now see what happens when I don’t pay the bills. The ones missed have either slipped through the net or are in negotiation or quite simply won’t be paid for reasons I’ve mentioned. But they are a drop in the ocean compared to everything I have paid and sorted and now i need to decide if I stop paying and let the people who say it was for the good of the community to practically murder me publicly pat themselves on their own back for potentially killing a football club.
    Please thank everyone who supports me and I promise if I continue moving forward it is solely for them. I’m one of them and always have been.

Finally Jason, why do you think I’m all for giving second chances, you’ll see the same people get blamed in DRE that were previously banned. Any mis directed fart is their fault, just because they made a past mistake or two. Judgement of others is rife. The funniest thing is when they say that if I’d been honest about things in February they would of been more supportive, would they fuck they would have lynched me and the club would have been dead already. Apologise I fucking won’t.

This stuff is pretty car crash stuff and as luck would have it these two donuts infront can’t even concentrate on keeping a car on the M1 while I’m trying to save my football club 🤬🤬

One word, troubled and more so than I had originally thought.

There was clearly some thing absent from his formative years which has resulted in a grown man, with 6 kids, so desperate to seek praise and adulation from others. I just do not get it.

Likewise, if we play along with the theme of a successful businessperson, I don’t know a single successful person who is interested in noise. Successful people have a plan and they implement it. Not only is he getting caught up in the noise, he’s the one creating it. I call it fodder, fodder for the likes of Facebook and Jeremy Kyle. His narrative and he’s the one creating the distraction.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

It really is quite sad…

Why not put your point across reasonably and have a debate with people then rather than throwing your toys out of the pram ? The conversation doesn’t have to be binary.

We have people who are worried about the recent revelations from a credible source; We have ex players coming out saying wages aren’t paid; We have CCJ’s; we have no traceable source of income for the owner.

If this makes me toxic, negative, a moaning **** then so be it. I made the same mistake blindly following Swann and I certainly won’t be doing the same here.

ScunnyblueScunnyblue
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 0

This chairman is a compulsive liar . Tafty was injured went to see a specialist in London who said his season was over , why have 4 other ex players still not been paid then ??????? , did Feeny O’Malley etc etc refuse to play .. absolute nonsense

3 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.