Statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Statement

• Author
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I can’t stress how important this is.

If you lose your home, you lose control and your identity. Sooner or later, you’ve had it.

The Iron Trust should be working with all other interested parties – and lobbying involvement from Rob Waltham and the Council – to ensure GP is not lost.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

At the risk of repeating myself we lost our home over 2 years ago.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

At the risk of repeating myself we lost our home over 2 years ago.

When Mr Swann transferred ownership to Foolsilk?

You’re partly correct, I suppose. But while it’s still in the shop window there is still hope.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Never had much time for Rob Waltham TBH but I’m not ashamed to say we sure need him now to step up and help out, he is a fan from boyhood so maybe his conscience might sway him to take a good look at our situation.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Never had much time for Rob Waltham TBH but I’m not ashamed to say we sure need him now to step up and help out, he is a fan from boyhood so maybe his conscience might sway him to take a good look at our situation.

I would imagine he has half an eye on it anyway – and you would hope he’s not just going to sit on his hands.

It would be great for him politically to be proactive about securing GP. I don’t mean that people would suddenly vote for his party, I mean at a personal level. There’s no getting round the fact it would give him serious kudos and status in the town.

However, I seem to think there is history between Waltham’s administration and Peter Swann! So I don’t know quite how it would work – other than appealing to Swann’s better nature and allowing him to leave the situation thinking he has won in some way.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

SUFC is a valuable asset to our community and The Iron Trust were successful in their application to have it listed as so. Therefore the council should be assisting to ensure our Club remains as such.
    What other venue in Scunthorpe is there where crowds of over 3500 fans gather regularly to support our Club and thus supporting our town and businesses.
    We have to consider our children and grandchildren who attend and will be the future supporters, they need to be able to come together and feel a part of something of community value.
    Our Club has kept Scunthorpe on the map and without it what would there be left to celebrate in our town. During the tenure of Steve Wharton we had so much to feel proud of and we were known as a great small Club. Two owners have been allowed to put at risk the continuation of SUFC.
    THE COUNCIL, THE IRON TRUST, LOCAL BUSINESS PEOPLE AND ALL OUR FANS NEED TO PULL TOGETHER TO SAVE SUFC IN WHATEVER SHAPE OR FORM WE CAN.
    I ask could THE Iron Trust look into fund raising on matchdays.
    Lincoln City Was saved with huge help from their supporters. We have proved we have the fan base with recent gates showing massive enthusiasm.
    We cannot allow two recent owners to demolish the existence of SUFC. who entered the Football League in 1950, and just sleep-walk into non-
    existence.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘I do not believe there has ever been the intention for a new stadium.’

What? Not even after seeing those leoCAD images?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

more chance of platting fog .. i take it the current status of this land is the same as everything else .. unknown

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

more chance of platting fog .. i take it the current status of this land is the same as everything else .. unknown

I’m looking forward to the club selling that land and enjoying a prosperous future on the proceeds.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

And another claim to fame – How many other clubs in the lower leagues have produced as many players who went on to Captain their country.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I can’t stress how important this is.

If you lose your home, you lose control and your identity. Sooner or later, you’ve had it.

The Iron Trust should be working with all other interested parties – and lobbying involvement from Rob Waltham and the Council – to ensure GP is not lost.

You’re preaching to the converted. I’ve been saying the same for a few weeks now.

The stadium and the ongoing issues surrounding the owner will be solved by the Iron Trust and local business people coming together with the assistance of the Council.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Although we all have our different views of the glubs situation, I can sadly only see one ending to this mess.
    It is obviouse and has been for a few years now, that Swann wishes to make SUFC extinct and that would give him the land package.
    It is also a glaring fact that Hilton has put himself in a situation that he cannot continue in, because he does not have the money to do so, so he has now wanted out, and has done this by putting the club up for sale, where the hell he thinks he can obtain a buyer God knows.
    The club has been run down and down over the past six years, in fact from being in the play off’s position in League One, down to League Two, and then into the National League, and even beyond this by a third relegation, but some how still have 3,600 loyal supporters. But if the club go part time, sell or get rid of the players in order to be able to operate without any loss, how many supporters do they think will be turning out to watch them????????, yes they will have about 600 to 800 the same as Brackley or Blyth as quoted. Sadly fans can only take so much, and surely that situation would be beyond 3,000 of the present fans, cam anyone imagine fans trecking to Gains’bro to watch NLN or possibly below sure dire levels. The Board of Directors must think long and hard of what they intend doing, because most of their supporters are used to their club playing in the Football levels and not in the leagues they are now in, so I sadly think that there is only one possible ending for the club.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

The Board of Directors must think long and hard of what they intend doing, because most of their supporters are used to their club playing in the Football levels and not in the leagues they are now in, so I sadly think that there is only one possible ending for the club.

Expect low horizon thinking, masquerading as saving the club.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

The stadium and the ongoing issues surrounding the owner will be solved by the Iron Trust and local business people coming together with the assistance of the Council.

The problem with this is coherence. It needs a figurehead, a driver with clarity and vision who can invest a significant amount of time, motivation, passion and charisma to pull off bringing all these agencies together quickly and with dynamic intent. With respect, I struggle to see anyone capable of that locally.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The last two owners thought that was on their CV.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

The last two owners thought that was on their CV.

Well, quite.

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

An immediate Share Issue perhaps ?? UTWI.

Participant

It is fine to suggest that the Iron Trust get supporters to form a fund to save our club, but who in their right mind is going to contribute money for these two so called men. It is just throwing your cash down the drain.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

If The Iron Trust are to start a fund to go towards saving our Club the monies should be held by The Trust with a contract on the understanding it be solely spent for the aims of just that – saving SUFC.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Ain’t the wage bill about £150k a month?
    Just to pay that, 3,000 fans would have to set up a DD of £50 a month.

Participant

It is nevergoing to happen Rene, fans are plowing enough of their hard earned money in as it is, the club cannot be kept by extra fans donations, owners have made such a bloody mess of things, and supporters will not fund these owners many errors after being fed for years with lies after lies, the dark situation i that our club is not only bankrupped, but also heavyly in debt, and have no assets whatso ever. The club owe money to many people and also the Tax Office, and god knows who else.

EXPECT MORE BAD NEWS OVER THE NEXT TWO OR THREE WEEKS YOU REMAINING SUPPORTERS, SADLY.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

It is nevergoing to happen Rene, fans are plowing enough of their hard earned money in as it is, the club cannot be kept by extra fans donations, owners have made such a bloody mess of things, and supporters will not fund these owners many errors after being fed for years with lies after lies, the dark situation i that our club is not only bankrupped, but also heavyly in debt, and have no assets whatso ever. The club owe money to many people and also the Tax Office, and god knows who else.

EXPECT MORE BAD NEWS OVER THE NEXT TWO OR THREE WEEKS YOU REMAINING SUPPORTERS, SADLY.

Exactly.
    WHAM won’t find a buyer – apart from debt the club is worthless.
    Who in their right mind is going to buy debt with no foreseeable return?
    I think we will go to the wall.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Such is the critical situation it appears the club is on life support and sadly by the time my planned trip back to the UK comes around next year im predicting there wont be a football club in Scunthorpe.
    as commented i doubt Hilton will find a buyer , players will be sold to pay running costs and debts therefore performances and results will suffer so remaining fans will hound out JD … i cant see any way this ends well .. a miracle of biblical proportions is needed.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

They’ll get no money for players IFA,if you hadn’t realized were in NLN mostly freebies down there Cos of Whitehalls goals maybe get a little for him, they’ll hang on here they won’t get the money there getting here anywhere else.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.