Statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Statement

• Author
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

The reason why the directors issued this statement as they are aware how much crap there is on here criticising the club

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Well we’ve a had the statements and we can all pull them apart now, should keep some fans happy for a couple of days. I would like a statement of intent from the trust now and one from Ian not so Sharp to see if he’s still waiting in the wings both surely not to much to ask.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Oh no. Not different opinions. How can a club cope with that?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

So after all the lies and bullshit issued by Swann and now Hilton over the years I really feel sorry for the devoted and loyal supporters that have stuck with the club over the last six years.

So Hilton was supposed to have bought the two plots of land from the NLCC, can we take it that no money has been handed over like all the other deals Hilton has done!!!!, and that the New Stadium is just another pipe dream like the two new stadiums and refurbishment of GP like Swanns bullshit.

Our club I would say, has about a 20% chance of survival, I am sorry to say, but I have stated for the past 6 months what has dsadly come true over the past week, I wish that I could say that I was completely wrong, but at least I got my 70 years supporting SUFC, I feel so sorry for our present fans.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

People assuming that “difficult decisions” which will prove “very unpopular” (but ensure survival) means “kids for free is going to stop and it’ll be £2 a kid” or they might make a few people part-time is absolutely laughable. It’s almost charming.

Those carefully chosen words are designed to prepare you for the worst, which will come crashing through your screens in the near future. They obviously mean that the battle for GP will be surrendered (because WHAM doesn’t ACTUALLY HAVE ANY MONEY – but they won’t ever say that). So we will be playing elsewhere.

Effectively we will have no asset or potential asset of our own – unless you still believe in the ‘acquired land in town’ pantomime nonsense.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Selling players would be very unpopular ..

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Never quite worked out how we need circa 5,000 fans to put a team together to challenge at the top.

Our average gate this season has been 3,777.

If you add together the attendances of 4 of the top 7 (Spennymoor, Blyth, Chorley and Brackley) it is still 200 less than our total.

FFS Brackley probably the best football team we have played this year survive on crowds under 600.

Must be some very wealthy sugar daddies around at this level.

RivermanRiverman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 22, 2023
    Topics: 0

Never quite worked out how we need circa 5,000 fans to put a team together to challenge at the top.

Our average gate this season has been 3,777.

If you add together the attendances of 4 of the top 7 (Spennymoor, Blyth, Chorley and Brackley) it is still 200 less than our total.

FFS Brackley probably the best football team we have played this year survive on crowds under 600.

Must be some very wealthy sugar daddies around at this level.

Or other teams paying players realistic wages.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

And smaller venues to run

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Or are not in debt up to their eyeballs

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

II = IE = Apollo 11? A bit like Doctor Who.
    Apollo 13 might have been more appropriate?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Apollo seems a lot more eloquent than IE and more prone to actual discussion. I doubt it’s IE’s new account

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Swann v Apollo bookmakers

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Oh, didn’t notice the link had been shared on this thread too. As I said on the other thread, I think this statement is welcome (as opposed to silence) and look forward to hearing more about their plans in the coming weeks. Also welcome because many fans can’t, don’t or won’t rely on social media for updates.

Think I must have had a momentary lapse of reason earlier after reading the Directors statement quickly before going in to a few tough meetings which I needed to approach with a positive mindset. Now I’ve read it properly a few times I’m not looking forward to hearing more about the Boards plans at àll and can’t help reading this bit like its Reeves and Mortimer saying it in high pitched childlike voices: ‘we fully back our Chair, David.’

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Puppet Board.
    No money = no say.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I’ve had a few jobs over the years ,some national quoted companies and some smaller private ones who have appointed directors ,I can’t remember them being appointed for cash, they were appointed for certain skills in an area of expertise .
    Michelle at SUFC will be using her vast knowledge of the local sponsors to try get them back on board etc for instance .
    It’s always odd to se how football fans put weird values on a business it’s employees and management purely because it’s a football club. Look at the attack on Sharpe for instance, it was a business transaction ,but purely based on him having Iron posters on his wall as a kid he’s expected to lose his life savings for purely emotional reasons ,he put money into a business in good faith to keep the wolf from the door and feels he was duped, courts will decide that

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Puppet Board.
    No money = no say.

No evidence!

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

As some of the directors will read this forum, there are two pertinent subjects which they have chosen not to comment on (I don’t think I’ve seen Hilton make any attempt to clarify either) but will need to consider:

1) Hilton’s declaration on the owners’ and directors’ test. Hilton has spoken about his conviction being spent but that is not the issue here. The issue is, how many of his current and former names did he declare? If he declared all of them, fine. If he didn’t, why not and how will that be interpreted by the FA and what will be the likely punishment?

As it has been confirmed that the FA are investigating, any breach of its rules and subsequent punishment will be made public.

2) The Athletic reported: “In a case that started at Nottingham Crown Court in late 2014, Anderson was also disqualified from being a company director for five years after pleading guilty to 15 charges.”

Yet we know that Hilton became a director of eight businesses during Anderson’s reported disqualification period. Again, if the disqualification period as reported by The Athletic is correct, what are the likely sanctions?

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

It’s always odd to se how football fans put weird values on a business it’s employees and management purely because it’s a football club.

Very true. For some, it approaches a kind of faith, with a similar abandonment of rationality.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Puppet Board. No money = no say.

It’s not always necessary for members of a Board to be loaded with cash, you know? They can bring other things to the table – expertise, vision, a copy of the Radio Times and some chicken sandwiches.

Looking from a generous angle – and presuming for a moment that there is no ulterior motive – it’s a possible scenario that what may have happened with the Chairman is:

He has come in to a very difficult financial situation without truly understanding the scale of it, or realising what a clown’s pie the previous owner had made of the club’s books.

He probably doesn’t have anything like the wealth he has worked to give the impression he had. He has been panicking, feeling the pressure of 3,750 pairs of eyes and lashing out. He’s had too much pride to admit that he has not been paying Peter so that he can pay Paul. Over and over.

He’s assembled a Board as he recognised that he needs digging out of a massive hole. The Board he’s surrounded himself with is assisting with all of the legals, admin and engine-work to scale things right back to meet a level where the club operates by what it can actually generate by itself, plus maybe the occasional ‘top-up’ from him.

This, ultimately, will mean ditching the fight for GP and leave us running as a humble part-time outfit and groundsharing “somewhere”.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

… if the disqualification period as reported by The Athletic is correct, what are the likely sanctions?

If your appraisal of the situation is correct…

… it would be extremely unfair, but highly probable, that our football club would suffer serious consequences for actions taken by someone at a time when they had absolutely no connection to the club.

There must be some way to mitigate against that?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

ditching the fight for GP and leave us running as a humble part-time outfit and groundsharing “somewhere”.

Even if the scenario I described above is inaccurate, and there are in fact some highly dubious motives at play, and this whole aggressive gaslighting that has been going on is all some tactical play-out for some nefarious gain or other, then it doesn’t matter now. Ultimately it is going to result in the same thing: No money, no GP, going part-time and playing elsewhere.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I think that’s a fair assessment, Apollo. If this had happened at the start, I’d say there may be disappointment, but more understanding from more people. As it was we heard all these grand plans of a new stadium, how he had the money to buy Glanford Park and has funded what must be a well paid squad for this level. People raising eyebrows were dismissed as anti-Hilton when raising these points and told to shut up or that they wanted the club dead. Now it feels like a huge let down and loss of trust, given the previous claims and attacks on anyone suspicious, to be told it needs to be cut back severely. I know he said that before, but it was during actions which belied that (assembling a costly squad, promising a new stadium and training ground).

These cut backs may be necessary, and the start of this does start from Swann, but the way Hilton has managed our expectations and off-field matters has been incredibly poor.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

… if the disqualification period as reported by The Athletic is correct, what are the likely sanctions?

If your appraisal of the situation is correct…

… it would be extremely unfair, but highly probable, that our football club would suffer serious consequences for actions taken by someone at a time when they had absolutely no connection to the club.

There must be some way to mitigate against that?

I would hope that the authorities are sympathetic to the situation the club finds itself in.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

The great shame is that right now the stadium still exists and Swann does want to sell it, albeit seemingly not to Hilton. If in a years time, GP is being turned into flats or whatever else and we are part time, ground sharing at Gainsborough and looking at a future of NLN and below, or totally out of existence, then this period – Now – will be the point it could have been saved, but it will be too late.
    In my opinion, getting Glanford Park secured should be the priority, and should have been the priority over an expensive squad.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I would hope that the authorities are sympathetic to the situation the club finds itself in.

I hope you are right.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I think that’s a fair assessment, Apollo. If this had happened at the start, I’d say there may be disappointment, but more understanding from more people. As it was we heard all these grand plans of a new stadium, how he had the money to buy Glanford Park and has funded what must be a well paid squad for this level. People raising eyebrows were dismissed as anti-Hilton when raising these points and told to shut up or that they wanted the club dead. Now it feels like a huge let down and loss of trust, given the previous claims and attacks on anyone suspicious, to be told it needs to be cut back severely. I know he said that before, but it was during actions which belied that (assembling a costly squad, promising a new stadium and training ground).

These cut backs may be necessary, and the start of this does start from Swann, but the way Hilton has managed our expectations and off-field matters has been incredibly poor.

The ‘land acquired’ thing was a pantomime to rattle Mr Swann, I am sure. I do not believe there has ever been the intention for a new stadium.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

In my opinion, getting Glanford Park secured should be the priority, and should have been the priority over an expensive squad.

Winning 4-0 week after week makes you go blind.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

… the way Hilton has managed our expectations and off-field matters has been incredibly poor.

It has left a nasty taste in the mouth. It’s not how I would expect the Chair of a credible organisation to behave.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The great shame is that right now the stadium still exists and Swann does want to sell it, albeit seemingly not to Hilton. If in a years time, GP is being turned into flats or whatever else and we are part time, ground sharing at Gainsborough and looking at a future of NLN and below, or totally out of existence, then this period – Now – will be the point it could have been saved, but it will be too late.

I can’t stress how important this is.

If you lose your home, you lose control and your identity. Sooner or later, you’ve had it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.