Topics: 444

We haven’t had a statement in days , people want statements! Apparently

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMC CMC
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

One from the trust wouldn’t go amiss, but then again they were missing yesterday at the corner.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015

From anyone , we need statements

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I would like to make the following statement

i just ordered a Sunday Roast Beef dinner and a spotty dick pudding from my local,delivered by grab as to lazy to venture out in the rain..

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

One of your less racy statements!

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Statement or He

One from the trust wouldn’t go amiss, but then again they were missing yesterday at the corner.

Least they have a corner!

fans6464

They were told by the club that there would be stalls there apparently,

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

It seems to me they are like rabbits in the headlights. They could never have imagined all that has happened and is happening.

fans6464

Really, have you spoken to anyone from the trust?

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

No I haven’t. But if they saw any of this coming then they smoke weirder shite than me

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If a
    If it ain’t to do with food banks they don’t want to know, first we need to know the response to their letter from Swann on the sale of the ground as a community asset, and obviously a response to athletic piece and the Hilton interview. They are there to represent us aren’t they? Whether we’re members or not.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

For my second statement … bloomin heck that was tasty and excellent value at 5 quid, spotty dick for a bit later

DM i normally have a young lady get down on all fours and act as a coffee table and eat it from her back .. but gravy and the odd garden pea would slip down into the crack of her arse and dam fiddly to retrieve without being arrested.

Today i went for the conventional plate method

fans6464

Why , awaywego? You have nothing but contempt for them and use them to deflect, you don’t care what they have to say

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Bravo the official Monster Raving Loony Party:

When Madness becomes the Norm!

7 Monster Raving Loony Party policies which are now part of UK law.

1. 24-hour licensing laws

The party campaigned for all day opening of pubs in the 1980s, which became law in 1995. So at the 1997 elections they went a step loonier with a manifesto pledge for all-night opening too.

24-hour drinking became legal in 2005.

2. Lowering the voting age to 18

Back, in the ’60s, before the Monster Raving Loony Party existed in its current incarnation, founding Loony “Screaming” Lord Sutch stood as a candidate for his National Teenage Party – their key policy was lowering the voting age from 21 to 18.

Votes for 18 year olds were introduced in 1969.

3. Abolition of dog licences

It used to be technically mandatory for dog owners to hold a licence, although it was often ignored.
    One of the first parties to campaign for their abolition was… the Monster Raving Loony Party!

Dog licences were abolished in 1987.

4. The legalisation of commercial radio.

Another early policy of Loony predecessors the National Teenage Party: until Radio One started in 1967 there was nothing for kids on the BBC, so to hear pop music you had to tune into illegal pirate stations.

[Lord Sutch was no stranger to the world of pirate radio – he had run his own station, Radio Sutch, from a fort in the Thames Estuary].

The first commercial radio licences were issued in 1972.

5. The pedestrianisation of Carnaby Street

Lord Sutch had heard from friends in Swinging London’s Carnaby Street that traders were finding the increasing congestion hard to deal with. He joined the campaign for pedestrianisation, along with follow political eccentric Bill Boaks, joint holder of the record for the lowest number of votes won in a by-election (5).

The Greater London Council gave in and pedestrianised the street in 1973.

6. Passports for pets

The party made a pledge in their 1983 manifesto to issue pets with passports so that they could travel abroad without lengthy stays in quarantine.

Pet passports were introduced in October 2001.

7. Abolition of the 11 plus exam

Another policy from the Loonies’ National Teenage Party incarnation, because it’s “the wrong age to take an exam that affects you for the rest of your life”.

The 11 plus was abolished nationally in 1976.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Oh the irony 64 , how many have wanted statements on here from Swanny or Hilton to then go on to mock what they’ve said, some even demand a certain platform on where their statements or interviews are given, If they show me/us some sort of vision what they are about going forward then I be right behind them but since being in existence they’ve not shown a lot.

fans6464

Of course you would. Il the last statement they made was benign and still Hilton support his dummy out and as ever the online attack dogs went into action abusing them, it was awful and uncalled for. Decent people trying to do what they can for fans and being abused

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Last IT newsletter was before the Buxton game:

“We need to update Trust members on the situation regarding Glanford Park and its status as an asset of community value (ACV).. Earlier this week the Trust received a letter from North Lincolnshire Council telling us that they had had notification from Mr Swann informing them of his intention to sell Glanford Park. The main content of the letter is copied below.

“ASSET OF COMMUNITY VALUE – intention to sell

The Sands Venue Stadium, Scunthorpe United Football Club

I write to inform you as the nominator of the above property as an Asset of Community Value of the owner’s intention to Sell notification
    received on 31 August 2023.

I must advise you that because the property is on the council’s Assets of Community Value list , the following moratorium periods will now commence:

Initially there is an interim moratorium period of six weeks during which an eligible ‘community interest group’ can submit a written request to be treated as a potential bidder for the property.

The written request should be marked for my attention and sent to the address above,

This interim moratorium period commences on 31 August 2023
    and ends on 11 October 2023. If such a request is received then the next stage commences, but if no such request is received then the owner is free to sell the property.

The full moratorium period of six months is triggered if a valid written/email
    request is received. This period is intended to give the community group
    time to assemble a bid and, if successful, complete the purchase. However, the owner is not obliged to sell to the community group. The full moratorium period will end on 28 February 2024
    There is a protected period of eighteen months during which the owner is
    free to sell the property without further delay if no community group has submitted a written/email request and/or pursued it through to completion of the purchase within the relevant moratorium periods.”

The Iron Trust board is meeting this coming week to discuss this letter and we will then contact all members again to set out our our thoughts on the situation. It is worth reminding ourselves that Mr Swann didn’t have to activate the ACV process when he sold the club to Mr Hilton as it was sold as a going concern.

As ever we are keen to have your views on this. We will be at Trust corner from around 2pm today or you can reply to this email giving your thoughts.”

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Where were the flyers at the Buxton game for all non members, like I previously said they should be there for us all. members or non members.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Swann’s called him out with this shout.
    Either pay him (Swann) for the ground or it’s on the market.
    Kills WHAM’s interest in the site and therefore the club.
    WHAM will walk as there’s no money to be made.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

fans6464

Where were the flyers at the Buxton game for all non members, like I previously said they should be there for us all. members or non members.

when did you ask the trust this?, I’ll be speaking to John Needham in the near future, I’ll get him to look for your emails or find out who you spoke and ask why this hasn’t been responded to ,he’ll be concerned that you got no reply at least

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Awaywego, it genuinely baffles me why you blame or criticise everyone but the owners for the clubs state of affairs. You were the same with Swann. It’s always either the fans or the Trust’s fault. I get that you like to be contrary and wind people up but I don’t understand why you never deem the club owners to be an issue. Swann clearly was, and so is Hilton IMO and of others. Can they do no wrong?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

To keep it simple, “No” not while they put money into the club however they do it and not while the likes of me and you contribute next to f all.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

My emails probably in the same place yours is when wanting a statement 64, if the Iron Trust just followed their rules I wouldn’t need to ssk. Members got the newsletter that NI up and the rest of us got diddly squat.

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Spotted dick.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Looks good , I need a bit of horseradish on my beef though .

Is that mash aswell ?

The wife always says I’m mad when i ask for mash and roast potatoes on a Sunday lunch .

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I always insist on champagne and chocolate for afters.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

indeed included both mash n roast tatties and the horseradish was applied after the photo, mash portion was a tad small and one of the sprouts rolled off the plate n mi Jack Russel scoffed it .. i forgot to take a pic of my spotty dick with custard but i can confirm it was glorious.

Washed down with a BBP Wunder lager from Belgium …

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Spotted dick.

I believe there is an ointment for that Bobby.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Plain wrong not to have mashed and roasts rich

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.