Solihull Game.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Solihull Game.

• Author
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Was talking before the game that this would be a good benchmark of progress. It’s only one game but the persistent worry remains. NLN Buttefield gets a lot of time and space / he won’t get that in NL and Dean needs to think about how that is countered. Too often slow movement or lack of movement allows well organised teams to get back into shape and defend easily. Dean has always struggled with plan B’s. Having said that there is not much game changer choice on the bench. We need more firepower up front. Law did OK when he came on and we need Ogle back, Boyce looks to be struggling.

Somebody in the thread said the second goal was offside but it came from Denton’s back pass header unless I missed something

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I’ve said for ages that we could do with another striker or two. I’d sit Roberts, Smith, Whitehall and bring in a front 3 of Wilson, Law and Elliot. Max and Ogle back in defence.

Clunan’s been really poor of late too. I’d be tempted in 2 or 3 weeks time once Beestin is back up and running to play him for Butterfield and give him a bit of a rest. We need to learn how to play with not being so heavily reliant on Butterfield.

Also is Clunan doesn’t pick up I’d be tempted to bring a fully fit Pugh back and play him in his place because he’s form has alarmingly dropped off. Clunan’s not been right since his wife gave birth to his first born. Pugh’s been in really good form for Hereford and will be 100% up to speed after another month there.

Definitely need another striker.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Really starting to wonder what Clunan brings to our game. He can’t run, can’t tackle, can’t shoot, can’t dribble and most frustratingly, can’t pass forwards.

There were times last night where Solihull knew they could allow him to have the ball with 10 metres of space because in front of him because he would refuse to move into it and immediately look for a backwards or sidewards pass.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

A bad weekend in the cup but a fine weekend in the league.

Well done Chester. Back in our hands and a chance on Tuesday to create a bit of daylight.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Think Chester will be our main competition come the end of the season.

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.