Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

Well said Tony. UTWI

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

We should be looking at getting Tony as the fan representative on the board, obviously if he’d want to and being allowed to being a councilor.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

We should be looking at getting Tony as the fan representative on the board, obviously if he’d want to and being allowed to being a councilor.

Absolutely not!
    You must have a short memory, have you forgotten the last clown that was given a position as a “fan elected director”?
    Never elected and never represented the fans, strutted around Glanford Park as if he owned the place and went missing when the fans needed him as their voice.
    The trust should stay away from the boardroom.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The last man was elected by the 4/5 supporters groups, thankless job for anyone, it’s an automatic that anyone who steps up to be a fan director that he or she will not be welcomed by the majority of fans of that club, but if one is on offer it should be taken, the last one was chairman of the London branch of sufc supporters obviously nominated and trusted by them and all the others as well. Tony will do for me as straight a talking union councilor guy you could want. Who do you want? SNOT

Participant

As I stated in my post the Trust should stay well clear of the boardroom, so the answer is nobody.
    I don’t believe supporters should be in the boardroom of a football club, in recent years we’ve had two, both were a disaster and in my opinion for what it’s worth they had to work alongside an egomaniac so they were on a loser from the day they appeared on companies house.
    Neither of the two should be allowed anywhere near the boardroom again, even though the Happy Clappers would seemingly want one of them to.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Very well said Tony. I and am sure many supporters agree with this statement Tony has put out. Tony is Scunthorpe United through and through, always has been and always will be. He is absolutely right in saying these two businessmen need to sort out the selling and buying of the stadium and land as previously agreed now and not later. Whoever is reneiging on this needs to get their act together for the good of our Scunthorpe United FC, and give clarification to our supporters of their true intentions. Uncertainty does not bode well for the success we need on the pitch, for the players and supporters.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

“I can’t believe two high-powered businessmen with means behind them”. Ha, ha!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Keep politicians away from the boardroom.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Were all politicians.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Absolute bollocks, Hilton was and is more than happy to pay the original asking price for GP it is Swann that moved the goalposts and begged for an installment before the legals were complete, would you pay for a house before you had a survey done? His preferred option is still to purchase GP and redevelop but if Swann wants to leave it to become derelict and overgrown then that’s his choice. Hilton cannot simply walk away either, he is already £2 million in!

Every word you have printed in that post that I have quoted is the exact opposite to what David Hilton said publicly at the fans forum.
    I was at that forum and I sat on the front row less than 10 feet away from him, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with my memory and the notes I was taking at the time.
    Perhaps you would like to reassess your post.

Why would I reassess my post? I was a lot closer than 10 feet away when I saw actual e-mails on his phone.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

And for the record I have no issue with people having a different opinion about Hilton, I do have an issue when they are not telling the truth about him.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

oooh friends. the truth will be somewhere in the middle , but if hillton just paid swann he would be long gone and we could move on , but this is not going to happen. Magouire suggesting senior figures concerned about hillton on his latest podcast.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I have concerns when our owner makes malicious rumours against fans, when it comes to truth telling.

Participant

Hilton appears to have singled out the owner of this forum, this is unacceptable.
    For a man claiming to be wealthy and claiming to be seen as the saviour of a football club he’s going the wrong way about it.
    Ranting and name calling on social media, not distancing themselves from burner accounts making death threats on social media is not the way a businessman should behave.
    The death threats should be investigated by the authorities, I would be surprised if that’s not already being looked in to.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Is there a new podcast coming anytime soon ?
    Always a good listen.

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

The last man was elected by the 4/5 supporters groups, thankless job for anyone, it’s an automatic that anyone who steps up to be a fan director that he or she will not be welcomed by the majority of fans of that club, but if one is on offer it should be taken, the last one was chairman of the London branch of sufc supporters obviously nominated and trusted by them and all the others as well. Tony will do for me as straight a talking union councilor guy you could want. Who do you want? SNOT

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant

Definitely not someone union related ffs!

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant

What’s in a name?:

David White, David Wright, David Mellors, David Anderson, David Hilton.

What next? You missed Sykes-white.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No we wouldn’t want someone who stands up for everyone and is prepared to put is head above the parapet, far better someone who spouts a lot on forums but never there to be seen especially when the going gets tough, would you fancy the job Brassy you’d have to let yourself well known to all the supporters groups mind, I know your from a stronger footballing background than most.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.