Solidarity with Bru

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Solidarity with Bru

• Author
    pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Yes.

As well as calling the banned person all manner of names.

Got the screenshot but don’t know if acceptable to post it on here

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Get it posted.
    For those of us that don’t do Facebook, we need to be updated as to Dave’s tantrums.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I like to smile when I read “nobody takes any notice on Iron Bru” on there

fans6464

I like to smile when I read “nobody takes any notice on Iron Bru” on there

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Don’t know how to post pictures so here’s a copy and paste of his post.

This is Bradley Guest, he is a vicious convicted drug dealing racist that has recently been sacked from a school.

For the record Bradley my reference to Vermin was directed at Swann.

Is all you have done in the last few days is attack me on here, so piecing this together with the actual character you are you are the first and hopefully last person I personally will be banning from GP.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The pen is mightier than the sword, Deerey.

Participant

Ironic seeing as the 1st person to be banned from Glanford Park will be Hilton when the “Pay or we take it away” gang turn up.

fans6464

The drug dealer thing about Guest is false Pele I think, he was a big Swann supporter and attacked me regularly on that facebook page

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Don’t know how to post pictures so here’s a copy and paste of his post.

This is Bradley Guest, he is a vicious convicted drug dealing racist that has recently been sacked from a school.

For the record Bradley my reference to Vermin was directed at Swann.

Is all you have done in the last few days is attack me on here, so piecing this together with the actual character you are you are the first and hopefully last person I personally will be banning from GP.

Wow, that is some serious accusation from Hilton / White. Is it true? Anyone round here know?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I thought the Facebook crew were pro-Hilton and Iron Bru the supposed opposition?
    Nobody from Bru banned from GP yet I hope.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I trust that Matt Blanchard and Matt Ellis are aware of the Tweets by “@JoeyTrimbo” and have reported them to Humberside Police. Despicable.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

At least the account is suspended.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Given Hilton / White is an avid consumer of social media, isn’t it about time he spoke out about this deplorable stuff being posted over the last few months and at least distanced himself from it? Why doesn’t he?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Back on topic, just reviewing recent posts on the Scunny Fans Facebook page I came across this from Stuart Johnson. I think this is fair:

‘The only thing I will say is that I don’t understand the hate for Iron Bru.

Their site is an open forum, it has been since it began. Anybody can post on there and the posts are not moderated or pre-approved. It was spoken about highly before this group was created.

As for it being toxic and negative; it maybe is now, but that’s the fault of this Facebook group isn’t it? All posts in here have to be pre-approved by the admins; one of which won’t approve posts that asks questions or doesn’t match his own personal views. That means there’s no discussion, and only one way of thinking. If you don’t conform to that at all times then you have this groups hate mob in your inbox, all over your Twitter, and even spitting at you at games. You say Iron Bru is toxic; but this group is probably more toxic.

This group has directly led to the huge divide in the fanbase and been nothing but negative overall. It’s only led to arguments between fans, and because people get overwhelmed by the hate mob if they don’t confirm they then go and share their views on Iron Bru, probably whilst pissed off, and that site then becomes toxic by proxy.

I’ll openly admit I’m in this group, on Iron Bru, and on Twitter because I’m a nosey bastard; but this group is by far the most toxic and divisive, and we’d likely all be much happier if it closed.’

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMC CMC
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Fair but not accurate IMO. This site isn’t toxic.

RiversRivers
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2021
    Topics: 0

He’s talking about the Facebook group, Deerey.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

I read it like Deerey, that the writer is suggesting Ironbru is toxic and blames the situation on the Facebook group for causing it.
    This forum is not toxic, or I wouldn’t be on it.
    If you are Swann, Hilton/White, Dean, or anyone who unconditionally supports them, then you probably don’t like some stuff that’s on here.
    There are a few posters on here whose opinion I don’t agree with whatsoever, and for a start when I joined I wished there was an ignore button, but the fact there isn’t an ignore button is actually the best thing about Bru. I have to read everyone’s opinion, and actually consider it, I then choose to think “that is utter garbage” and ignore it or post a counter opinion.
    It’s no different to standing on the terrace at a game, the guy next to me at the last home game hated Owen Foster, thought he was shite and was happy to tell me about it. I think Foster was good, with a lot of potential and I thought he’d get a move somewhere better and said so. “Maybe he will”, said the guy “but he won’t make it….”
    We fundamentally disagreed but talked about it which is how football and football fans are and always will be.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Absolute bollocks, Hilton was and is more than happy to pay the original asking price for GP it is Swann that moved the goalposts and begged for an installment before the legals were complete, would you pay for a house before you had a survey done? His preferred option is still to purchase GP and redevelop but if Swann wants to leave it to become derelict and overgrown then that’s his choice. Hilton cannot simply walk away either, he is already £2 million in! The allegations made against Bru are 100% correct, they had opportunities to ask the difficult questions when they interviewed Swann but there noses were so far up his arse it was impossible, the interview was embarrassing, this used to be a great site but it has become a joke now. I am 100% behind Hilton and have seen the evidence from him to give me the confidence to back him

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Their noses were so up their arse that Swann shouted at them for comparing him to Fenty.

Iron Bru have done nothing but refuse to become a cheer piece for Hilton. People like Pat bemoan lack of unity and division, but support sowing division against fans for daring to think differently.

Criticise Hilton and they will look for offence as to how they’re being attacked, yet they will make direct accusations and insults against others for not being a Hilton fanboy.

If things deteriorate I expect some to be attacking people like Pat for being up Hilton’s arse, and while wrong, I would struggle to have much sympathy.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

This forum itself is not toxic, unfortunately there are at least 2 posters on here that wish to make it toxic though.
    One of them even felt the need to take his views to another social media platform and attempt a hatchet job on not only this sites owners but the members and moderators to.
    When his plan spectacularly backfired he attempted to come back claiming he was misunderstood.
    Nobody on this site as far as I’m aware have any good words for Peter Swann and his family, Peter Swann and he alone is the reason our club are in the position we are in now.
    Because of Swann’s mismanagement the majority on this forum are sceptical of the new owner and have every right to be.
    The old saying has never been more apt.
    “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me”.

I have not witnessed once any aggression from any members on this site, Twitter or Facebook directed towards any member who publicly backs David Hilton.
    The opposite however is true for anybody who dares to question David Hilton/ Whites tenure so far at the club, hardly surprising really as aggression appears to be the way that Hilton/ White addresses anybody who questions him on social media.
    We all want what’s best for our club, I sincerely hope that David Hilton/White is the saviour that we all crave but we as supporters should be sceptical especially after witnessing what an egomaniac like Peter Swann managed to do to our once proud club.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Absolute bollocks, Hilton was and is more than happy to pay the original asking price for GP it is Swann that moved the goalposts and begged for an installment before the legals were complete, would you pay for a house before you had a survey done? His preferred option is still to purchase GP and redevelop but if Swann wants to leave it to become derelict and overgrown then that’s his choice. Hilton cannot simply walk away either, he is already £2 million in! The allegations made against Bru are 100% correct, they had opportunities to ask the difficult questions when they interviewed Swann but there noses were so far up his arse it was impossible, the interview was embarrassing, this used to be a great site but it has become a joke now. I am 100% behind Hilton and have seen the evidence from him to give me the confidence to back him

Pat,

You say that Hilton was, and is prepared to pay the original asking price for the freehold. For you to say this, you must have some insight regarding Hilton’s net worth, so how much is he worth?

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Pat O’Cake, thanks, you make my point so eloquently.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Happy Sunday everyone 😂

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

evidence he is already 2 million in? absolute bull shit

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Fair but not accurate IMO. This site isn’t toxic.

Agreed

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

evidence he is already 2 million in? absolute bull shit

Alright Pete, been down the bookie’s lately 🤔

Participant

Absolute bollocks, Hilton was and is more than happy to pay the original asking price for GP it is Swann that moved the goalposts and begged for an installment before the legals were complete, would you pay for a house before you had a survey done? His preferred option is still to purchase GP and redevelop but if Swann wants to leave it to become derelict and overgrown then that’s his choice. Hilton cannot simply walk away either, he is already £2 million in!

Every word you have printed in that post that I have quoted is the exact opposite to what David Hilton said publicly at the fans forum.
    I was at that forum and I sat on the front row less than 10 feet away from him, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with my memory and the notes I was taking at the time.
    Perhaps you would like to reassess your post.

fans6464

Ok PatOfake,, what questions weren’t asked?
    Pleased now , accusations without evidence are not questions
    Hind sight also not allowed, it’s funny to hear this BS from people who delete questions on their own site too

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Made the back page of the NLP today. Mentioning “long standing forum Iron Bru” and a brief mention of Happy Clappers.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Any chance you could screenshot it and share here please?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.