So. Either DH Has Put Loadsa Money Into The Iron or He Has Not.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace So. Either DH Has Put Loadsa Money Into The Iron or He Has Not.

• Author
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

All remarks about DH’s spending look pretty kosher to me.
    Many/most have to be true or we simply would not be in existence at this point.
    Seriously, is there anyone (other than IB and similar) who does not strongly suspect that a great many of his inherited debts were, shall we say, wholly unexpected?
    This bloke is in a real bind. Most people under that degree of pressure would have given up and walked away – thus guaranteeing our doom.
    He appears to have sufficient integrity to carry on for the sake of all who care for The Iron – and yes, out of basic decency.
    Rightly or not, he has taken a real pasting on here. He appears to be carrying on. He appears to have board support – which, let us not forget, contains legal bods.
    If those who want him gone haven’t got it yet – he walks, the club goes under. You can forget all the pie-in-the-sky phoenix club nonsense. We shall be kaput; knackered; done for, deceased and akin to a Monty Python parrot.
    DH, I offer you my unqualified support because my whole being believes that without forgiveness our entire world is imperilled.
    Forgiveness withheld is so often 100% self-destructive.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

In his latest post he says there’s a winding up order coming from the Tax,man, he said he’d paid that hence “saving our club” excuse my scepticism.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Apart from Iron Insider/Ironeye, I haven’t seen a single post on here actually calling for him to go at any point. Even IB just posts stuff about Hilton and doesn’t call for him to go. I don’t know If there are people saying that on Facebook and Twitter, I’m not on them.
    If you read his statement from yesterday he stopped paying for almost everything except the players and coaches 7 weeks ago. People haven’t been paid, deliberately. Sorry, but that is wrong. How is this fair on the other clubs in our league ? It is basically cheating, and in my opinion is absolutely shameful and an embarrassment to Scunthorpe United.
    Nobody is making him go down the road he’s taking, except himself. Stop being conned by all the bullshit talk he keeps spouting.
    He says he’ll keep the club going until he sells, and not say anything else, good I’m happy to leave it at that.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

let’s hold this thought again
    He deliberately withheld payments to suppliers because he was having a tantrum, that isn’t 2013 and in the past to be forgiven .it’s recent and not a mistake,it was deliberate

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Why were legal obligations not met because he was worried about the reaction by supporters? In what world does that make sense?

Where is the money coming from? There is no traceable source on companies house. “ it’s none of our business”- well it is if we are expecting fork out for season tickets, merchandise and £2,000 for the 100 club.

Why were supporters excepted to fund the ground and the purchase of the club?

You’re a respected poster on here Les, you must realise something is not adding up

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

In all my life I have heard fewer ridiculous excuses than he was anxious about bad stuff coming out, so he shouldn’t be able to pay those he owes.

Also, the HMRC debt is said to be equivalent or more than when he took over. If he paid 80% of debts off, how is this happening? We have former staff and players not paid, endless CCJs from after he took over and a bill to the taxman. Just what is his money he says he has ploughed in being spent on, besides current player wages?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

“besides current player wages?” the mistake Swann made

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Why were legal obligations not met because he was worried about the reaction by supporters? In what world does that make sense?

This is the point where his self – appointed “Advisors” came in i think..

He’s mentioned Gate receipts just about cover the costs, so why let Jimmy loose with the Chequebook.

I’ve seen this countless times at non league level, even locally(Louth, Grantham, Boston..)and it’s not ended well.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I’ll say one thing for him. It’s only taken him eight months to realise he’s cocked-up, not eight years!

fans6464

Aye and he didn’t spend £27m

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

The ground situation seems even more up in the air though ,whether he has the money or not is irrelevant as he will not now even attempt to buy the ground as he has confirmed the club is up for sale .

If no other buyer for the club is found the club is effectively homeless , and no long term plan for anywhere to play (Hilton himself said the council pulled out of funding for the new stadium in one of his more recent statements )

So where does that leave the iron , playing at Gainsborough indefinitely ?

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

If only there was a journalist who could ask the council if they ever agreed to fund the new stadium,
    and then pulled out of funding the new stadium.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘All remarks about DH’s spending look pretty kosher to me.’

Really Les, how can you be so confident given what he’s previously said and what he’s saying now? I dread to think what an independent examination of the finances might reveal but without one, i think it’s sheer folly to take it on its word.

‘If those who want him gone haven’t got it yet – he walks, the club goes under’

Does it? Does him saying that make it so? Forgive me for not buying in to his every word. Can’t think why I don’t?

Just to be clear btw, as I’ve said before, I don’t want him cutting loose yet. Prefer if he stayed for more scrutiny.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Sorry, DM – “confident” is certainly not what I am.
    You might, however, class me as a “rather desperate straw-clutcher.”

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes, obviously I didn’t mean confident ìn general, or there’d need to be a serious redefinition of the word.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Well someone as been putting money in, for us to last 9 months, I’m betting on the tooth fairy. Could it be all borrowed? I hope so but what could you borrow it against with zero assets , a!I will come out with the washing one would hope.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Fraser from Dad’s Army was right all along, ” we’re all doomed ”

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Well someone as been putting money in, for us to last 9 months, I’m betting on the tooth fairy. Could it be all borrowed? I hope so but what could you borrow it against with zero assets , a!I will come out with the washing one would hope.

Washing you say? Hmm

4 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

Careful Cliff

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Washing you say? Hmm

Nudge, nudge ;-)

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Behavè Rene

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There’s not a CCJ on the washing Cliff is there, i remember Mrs Knightingdale often having a line full of shirts on the line that Keegan brought home she was widowed guess just a bit more money for her besides the lodger.

letmeinlet_me_in
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 3

Would it be fair to say we have received £1 million into the club since DH arrived?..With 1899/100 club,season tickets,14 match days,friendlies,sponsorship,merchandise etc..If so how much has multimillionaire DH actually put in?..Plus he’s £3 million up with not paying Swann

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Not if the £3m never existed he isn’t

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That would meaning St Simon was lying NI surely not.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

1899 x 1899 = 3,606,201!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

For sure NI, but he’s never wanted the ground made that quite clear but if St Simon said he had seen proof of the funds? All his ideas to me have been sound but he tried to do everything to quickly, a la Lis Truss. The sooner the fans can get hold of the ground the better but in all honesty I think it’s to late and don’t believe our beloved trust will act on the community asset, my offer of a thousand pound towards the ground is still on the table BUT only for the ground.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

In all my life I have heard fewer ridiculous excuses than he was anxious about bad stuff coming out, so he shouldn’t be able to pay those he owes.

Also, the HMRC debt is said to be equivalent or more than when he took over. If he paid 80% of debts off, how is this happening? We have former staff and players not paid, endless CCJs from after he took over and a bill to the taxman. Just what is his money he says he has ploughed in being spent on, besides current player wages?

If you accept what Hilton has said (easier for some than others) about his reasons for non-payment of creditors, what does he hope to achieve? The club’s credit rating has been smashed to smithereens, any goodwill from existing suppliers will have been eroded and all future business involving existing and new suppliers will generally now be dealt with on a proforma basis. No 30-days, no 60-days, no 90-days, and this will create a much bigger cashflow problem than the one he is currently experiencing.

The National League also has an unusual arrangement with HMRC where they receive information relating to clubs’ PAYE, NI and VAT submissions and payments, so they will be aware of the situation and this will be dealt with by means of a transfer embargo if it is not addressed.

From a credit rating and cashflow perspective, he’s just blown his knee off.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Especially as we had such a fine credit rating and a happy band of suppliers back in January when we had never heard of David Hilton.

Oh hang on a minute – didn’t we have a raft of unpaid suppliers and an imminent winding up order from HMRC. Oh and were we not already under a transfer embargo from the National League. Not to mention Sharp and Elliot having to pay December’s wage bill. Were we not also bottom of the league and hadn’t owned our ground for 2 years.

Hilton has certainly not solved all off the clubs problems and probably hasn’t got enough spare loose change in his pocket to do so. But neither did he create them. If only we’d had an interested bystander with a personal grudge against Peter Swann pitch up a couple of years ago.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

The HMRC thing isn’t a big issue they accept anything over a period of time .

Aslong as they get their money , that’s from a small /medium size business as I had .

The problem is Hilton has gone daft on the playing budget and then said he won’t pay people – you can’t just not pay people ,

I don’t get how some fans support that

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.