Simon Elliott

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Simon Elliott

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

…and Simon said what exactly on twatter IB to be accused of naivety by you, no link yet?

Might be easier to just take a look yourself I-A. It’s really not that difficult.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

…and Simon said what exactly on twatter IB to be accused of naivety by you, no link yet?

Might be easier to just take a look yourself I-A. It’s really not that difficult.

I guess so DM but usually IB is quick to share information when he questions things, I’ve no problem with Simon Elliott but IB appears to, Simon is a proper Scunny fan as opposed to IB, if he supports DH and is happy with things so far , I’m fine with that. DH and Simon know each other personally and have spoken at length on club matters, as far as I’m aware IB is just an outsider posting statements.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No insuations JI. On Dec 1st they announced they were traveling up to finalize the deal, had the photos as owners in an empty GP that night, then it turns out they hadn’t even agreed a price, and that wasn’t Swanny saying that it was Simon and Ian, no doubting there love of scunny but like I said they sold us a lemon.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Looks like they came across the same issues Hilton is dealing with and decided the valuation was way off the mark. Everyone but Swann must be wrong of course.

Remember they were being called cheap skates at the time aswell.

I remember WonderGoals saying they don’t have the money to meet Swann’s valuation, with some fuss about him being derogatory towards the new consortium. Now WonderGoals isn’t saying Hilton doesn’t have the money after all, unlike with Sharp and Elliott.

It is said that Hilton is facing the same as them, in that he is facing unrealistic valuations. Yet I don’t think the valuation has changed since the deal was agreed; if that was an issue, Hilton should have thought about it more during the due diligence he said he undertook. Whatever happens with the legal standing over the current Swann-Hilton battle, I doubt a court of law is going to rule in Hilton’s favour because he regrets signing an agreement over the valuation. It’s one reason as to why I don’t think this will end in Hilton’s favour regarding Glanford Park. You can’t sign a contract stating you’ll pay a sum of money by a date and then say you actually disagree with it, while still buying the asset.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

sWAn aPolOGist!!! 🤪

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I guess so DM but usually IB is quick to share information when he questions things, I’ve no problem with Simon Elliott but IB appears to, Simon is a proper Scunny fan as opposed to IB, if he supports DH and is happy with things so far , I’m fine with that. DH and Simon know each other personally and have spoken at length on club matters, as far as I’m aware IB is just an outsider posting statements.

The reality is Simon and Hilton have spoken on a handful of occasions. Yes, I am an outsider but when it comes to Hilton, Simon’s well and truly in the traps. If Simon wants to continue to believe Hilton that’s his prerogative but how many lies will it take for the penny to finally drop with him? I’m not holding my breath.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

IMO, someone being a ‘proper scunny fan’ makes them no better judge of character. I’ve seen people on Twitter and Facebook saying between Swann and Hilton, they’ll believe Hilton. Excuse me, but are we talking about the same person who’s companies have very rarely filed company accounts (as far as I can tell) and has admitted to being involved working collecting debts for a business operating ‘in a grey area’. Mistake, or not, what does that say to the average Joe?

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

It says he is human, and has admitted making mistakes in the past. Unlike Swann, who would have us believe his shite don’t stink!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The reality is Simon and Hilton have spoken on a handful of occasions. Yes, I am an outsider but when it comes to Hilton, Simon’s well and truly in the traps. If Simon wants to continue to believe Hilton that’s his prerogative but how many lies will it take for the penny to finally drop with him? I’m not holding my breath.

So Simon hasn’t actually posted any one point to make you say he is naive it’s just your overall feeling of the situation, fine if that’s what you believe but if it’s just an opinion not based on anything he’s posted then it’s just another opinion and is as valued as anybody’s else’s. No point in your original posting really because I thought you were going to post an actual instance that gave you this feeling. Moving on and waiting for things to happen just like everyone else then, fine.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

How about Irritating Buryite 🤔, just an opinion.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

I think you should all stop bickering. Swann will cave in, we’ll win the league by a landslide and we’ll be in place to piss the national league the following season.

Believe to achieve !

Deereyme66Deereyme66

What difference does IB’s moniker make and whether a Bury fan or not? Could support any number of clubs. Derby, Grimsby, Southend for instance. Who cares? Who has an issue with Bury fans and keen on blaming them for criticising him? Parroting what he says isn’t very clever IMO

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I think you should all stop bickering. Swann will cave in, we’ll win the league by a landslide and we’ll be in place to piss the national league the following season.

Believe to achieve !

Confirmation that we’re doomed.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It says he is human, and has admitted making mistakes in the past. Unlike Swann, who would have us believe his shite don’t stink!

Yeah, always wise to take a person like that on their word 🙄

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Hey …Where’s my ‘moniker’ post?.It must have been there judging by a couple of replies. I hardly contribute ..then apparently censored. I’m off to see my MP!!

Participant

Yeah, always wise to take a person like that on their word 🙄

As opposed to Swann, yes!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Hey …Where’s my ‘moniker’ post?.It must have been there judging by a couple of replies. I hardly contribute ..then apparently censored. I’m off to see my MP!!

Well I responded to it JI, you must have upset the Bru Thought Police, don’t bother with your MP she’s part of the same problem 😂

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Just Iron,

I did see your post from earlier. Too right I am here to hopefully influence people and hope to change their behaviour.

A lot of your fans are lapping up a narrative that is full of inaccuracies and lies. I would like them to be a little more inquisitive and start asking questions about what is being presented to them.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Interested Bystander.

Bru’s very own Clinton Baptiste?

Have a day off mate!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Lol, another below the belt comment NI! For those not familiar with the psychic powers of Clinton Baptiste…

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Believe to achieve !

Stop bickering ..yes that would be a positive

Swan cave in … cant see it happening things are very messy

Based on the first few signings and giving JD a full pre season with them
    win the NLN handsomely … im optimistic
    Challenge at the top of the NL the season after ….. i remain optimistic (we wont piss it)

DO A LUTON .. take note circa 10 years ago Luton were in NLN yesterday they were promoted to the EPL miracles can happen.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

They didn’t fall that far Ifa, interestingly they are north of Bishop stortford so could have been in our lge.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Yes, apologies to anyone I hit “below the belt” last night (I blame the bottle of Lebanese red!).

But I got really pissed off with the clamouring for club statements and updates.

I’m not siding with any party in this fiasco, I just want what’s best for the club. And I’m sure not going to speculate in the meantime.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I didn’t know you could drink red leb! 🤣

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

I didn’t know you could drink red leb! 🤣

But it does have a mellowing effect.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Was ‘shrugging off’ the fact that my ‘IB moniker’ post was apparently censored ..but 24 hours on it rankles. You obviously saw it Deerey ..as did IA .. what do you both think? I know that you sit in different positions re David Hilton, the speculation around him and why IB has become so prominent and persistent. But I’m really puzzled as to why …beyond a techno glitch ..that post was taken out. You both know how borderline obsessive I am re keeping it civil and having respectful discourse ..so have you any thoughts on this?
    From my perspective I stepped in to point out that a bystander is usually an observer and not engaged in influencing ..especially in a highly committed and persistent manner. So I was probing to get a bit more explanation/ccountability from IB. Seems fair enough to me … especially since his own stated position is to get us to hold David Hilton to scrutiny and accountability.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Would tend to agree JI. A bystander who does that is usually called a heckler!

Participant

We used to call them pods, remember? But ever since Mr Hilton took over, there has been a constant racket of what is more like someone is trying to make us hate the guy who literally saved our club.

I believe in giving people a fair chance. I will not be pushed towards taking a negative opinion before the man has given it a damn good go. If he doesn’t try, we will soon know. If he tries but fails, then we will also soon know. If he tries and succeeds, we can be happy with ourselves for not jumping on his back for no good reason.

UP THE IRON.

RichgyRichgy
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2022
    Topics: 6

Objectively it’s still up in the air for me about whether Hilton will be good or bad .

He did a cracking job at Ilkeston by all accounts with a club that was on it’s knees , improved infrastructure and left something of future value for when he left .

He’s made some boo boos in the first 6 months which back up the case for people like IB and many others on Twitter , fuelling an obvious agenda against him ; whether that agenda is supstantiated is difficult for anyone level headed to know – just like the people with the ultimate pro Hilton agenda really .

Simon Elliott is obviously scared to his wits end that the club might go, so is trying to keep the peace in sense .

My gut feeling now is that Hilton (if things go his way ) might be able to get through and improve things , but there are probably a lot of obstacles to overcome to get there .

The longer Swann stays quiet , and the longer there is no news on the ground situation ; the more i would get worried though .

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Yep, too early to tell, but there are a lot of red flags for me. I just hope the ‘top fans’ on twitter will be reflective if things do go awry with Hilton after so much as berating anyone for having a concern or question.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.