Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

GTFI

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Happy with the 4 owners but still think there’s room for directors that can offer others skills, knowledge and experience but don’t have cash to invest.
    (Not referring specifically to SE)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

With all that the fans have done time for another fan director on the board.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Why? They’d only get accused of milking it and not representing fellow supporters as some thing they should.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Nobody said the job is easy, just because the last one couldn’t hack it doesn’t mean to say we shouldn’t have another one if the board will allow it.
    So long has the person is voted in by relevant supporters groups and sticks to the rules of being a board member then it can only be helpful.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Elliot’s stance on Hilton was worrying to say the least and is rumoured to have kicked up a fuss when Michelle offered the others shares for money they put in. Not quite sure what got his back up, they all put money in and he funded a training kit.

Good move him resigning as he seemed a bit of a disruptive influence. Agree with Cassidy that there is scope there to get knowledgeable people involved at board level, who would further add to what we have.

I’m sure Michelle knows 1 or 2.

WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

Are the current directors not fans?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

A better approach might be regular consultation with fans and the Trust. Not sure an elected fan Director is necessary with this ownership to be honest. They are not removed from the fan base like the previous two incumbents.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Happy with the 4 owners but still think there’s room for directors that can offer others skills, knowledge and experience but don’t have cash to invest.
    (Not referring specifically to SE)

What would make (say) someone like Simon Elliott more deserving of a place on the Board than anyone else who volunteers, or can offer others skills, knowledge and experience?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

That would be for the board to decide. Tahina Akther would be an example of the kind of person I was thinking of. (Perhaps on a more permanent basis though?)

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Member on the SUFC Fans FB page came up with understandable reasoning behind Elliots resignation as simply the 4 directors who have chucked in a decent lump and are equal shareholders will make up the BovD this meant that those not wishing to stay for personal reasons as in the case of Tahina or others not putting adequate funds in and being left out the loop.. seems pretty fair to me though im sure having played a blinder to get into pole position Mr Elliot isnt too happy at being nudged into resigning.

Life goes on

UTI

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

seems pretty fair to me though im sure having played a blinder to get into pole position Mr Elliot isnt too happy at being nudged into resigning.

One man’s ‘nudged into resigning’ is another man’s ‘exposed as inadequate’.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

3 times he’s being a board member now, and of course got his 15 minutes of fame at being an owner. Lets hope that’s the last we see of him.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

3 times he’s being a board member now, and of course got his 15 minutes of fame at being an owner. Lets hope that’s the last we see of him.

I must of nodded off as i missed the 15 mins when he was an owner .. remind me about what time was this ? .. he leaves behind a huge void to fill as just who will make the tea and wash up at BoD meetings now ??.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I don’t think he wanted his 15 minutes of fame. I think he wanted you and everybody else ordinary to realise just how popular and just how jolly important he is!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

That would be for the board to decide. Tahina Akther would be an example of the kind of person I was thinking of. (Perhaps on a more permanent basis though?)

I read on twitter from Matt that she quit and so Michael Abey on the 6th of June. Elliot resigned on the 10th of June. Not sure what’s happened, but something must have kicked off.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

I read on twitter from Matt that she quit and so Michael Abey on the 6th of June. Elliot resigned on the 10th of June. Not sure what’s happened, but something must have kicked off.

Or she’s a busy business woman and has other commitments now that the dust is settling at SUFC?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Tahina left with no bad blood between anyone, she did put a “Mission Completed” letter on the tuther side, she’d done what was needed for the club so just time to go for her, we should just wish her well.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Tahina left with no bad blood between anyone, she did put a “Mission Completed” letter on the tuther side, she’d done what was needed for the club so just time to go for her, we should just wish her well.

Agree .. with regard to Tahina the statement she put out covered all the circumstances re her joining the board , her role within it and the subsequent leaving perfectly … dont know about anything “kicking off” so lets see if Mr Elliot can offer the same professionalism when enlightening fans as to his departure as Tahina did…obviously if he see the need to so.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

447635148-10160208841465415-5679033374061753240-n
    447623781-10160208841450415-1950697121019245114-n

8 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

He didn’t say anything when he left the Swanny board, so hold your breath, though he is more into X nowadays where more seems to be said off thee cuff.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

He didn’t say anything when he left the Swanny board, so hold your breath, though he is more into X nowadays where more seems to be said off thee cuff.

He’s been unusually quiet on X. Absolutely nothing SUFC of any real note to say for months. Sulking?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Is twitter accurate , As government websites say different?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Absolutely nothing SUFC of any real note to say for months. Sulking?

You’d think the man who, because he cared so much, drove 200 miles to get a hospital photo with JD and then publicly post it would have something to say in public when JD was relieved of his duties.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

I have no idea what if anything has gone on behind the scenes, but the club is in good hands with the four shareholding directors whom I fully support.

For the record Simon built up a relationship with WHAM to try to limit the damage inflicted on our beloved club.

He worked behind the scenes with a lot of other people to resurrect our club and spent a lot of time and effort doing so.

I hope that Simon has not left the board on bad terms and is still a major player in the fortunes of Scunthorpe United FC in the future.

The club is in a totally better place than it was under Ernest or WHAM but there is still a long way to go before the club can return to League football and we need people like Simon around to make that happen.

I will point to the global companies who have sponsored us due to Simon’s connections primarily in the motor industry as one positive example.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Biggest Wannabe there’s been, joined Swann when Swann had lost the room, joined not so Sharp in the doomed takeover, hung on to Hiltons coat tails, and finally gets on to a decent looking board but in a very small way.
    So let’s have a round of applause for St Simon and now f off.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

For the record Simon built up a relationship with WHAM to try to limit the damage inflicted on our beloved club.

Wow.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Biggest Wannabe there’s been, joined Swann when Swann had lost the room, joined not so Sharp in the doomed takeover, hung on to Hiltons coat tails, and finally gets on to a decent looking board but in a very small way.
    So let’s have a round of applause for St Simon and now f off.

Indeed ..been lingering around SUFC like a fart in a taxi … most obviously for whatever reason him latching on to Hilton and DH played him like a fiddle.

Still waiting for a statement from Elliot clarifying why he resigned. IMO the way the fans have rallied round in support of the club surely they do deserve regular updates as to details re ins and outs behind the scenes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.