Signings.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Signings.

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Probably a pointless excercise, we have a history of signing players even if they fail the medical.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

There was supposed to be three today but apparently one is ill and it may only be two. Cosmos Matwasa likely to be one of the three.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

There was supposed to be three today but apparently one is ill and it may only be two. Cosmos Matwasa likely to be one of the three.

Barrows was mentioned and Cosmos Matwasa .. a fine name cant wait for the info on this fella…tother one maybe edging his bets and threw a sickie

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

its that time of year n mega heavy rain so cabined up in the office until the roads drain n traffic carnage clears .. convenient as can keep tabs on the SUFC website for updates on signings n owt else.

on another thing n a heads up for anyone else it may concern…made an enquiry re buying the new kits .. postage within UK ok but shipping over seas (Asia) is a not possible .. bit of a piss ball but hopefully can work round it.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

its that time of year n mega heavy rain so cabined up in the office until the roads drain n traffic carnage clears .. convenient as can keep tabs on the SUFC website for updates on signings n owt else.

on another thing n a heads up for anyone else it may concern…made an enquiry re buying the new kits .. postage within UK ok but shipping over seas (Asia) is a not possible .. bit of a piss ball but hopefully can work round it.

For every problem there’s a solution.
    Book me a return from Manchester to your local airport (1st class obviously) and I’ll bring you a suitcase full, you can order and pay for them online.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

a very kind offer , i need time to think about that … probabaly get em sorted on line n delivered to my daughters and she can send em on ..avoiding customs duty (mark clothing and as a gift) and theft is always an issue.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Cosmos Matwasa
    Midfielder : Brackley Town FC / England
    DOB : 01 Jan 1970 (England)

Plenty of experience then!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Can we sponsor him?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Hilton ….

The man who promised us the Earth and gave us the Cosmos?

6 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Kian Scales formerly of Bradford City who’s Listed as an attacking CM who’s able to cover RB.

Don’t we have enough CM players already ?

Now we have Scales, Beestin, Shrimpton, Rance, Pugh and Robertson.

Dean won’t be playing that system he played last season, surely ?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Should give the MF some balance.
    As for enough MFs, IMO your list includes 2 squad players, 2 crocks and an unproven kid. Don’t forget Law and Clunan which should be enough.

forgottenforgotten
    Participant
    Topics: 0

Cosmos staying at Brackley, announcement on club website earlier this afternoon.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Hope we haven’t sponsored him.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Got to agree, WG. There’s going to be a lot of disappointed CMs this season.
    What’s happening with Butterfield, BTW?
    I reckon we’re short of a forward.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Clucan
    Beestin
    Scales
    Pugh
    Shrimpton
    Robertson
    Rance (has he signed a new deal?)

One of our biggest problems has been warehousing players in recent years, could probably do with losing a CM looking at that.

Not heard anything about Scales, but Barrows is an another very good signing for this level.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Gateshead signed a lad from Birtley town 3 leagues below themselves, why not us try the lad from Winterton?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Cosmos staying at Brackley, announcement on club website earlier this afternoon.

Ill my eye, he clearly wanted to stay where he was in the end.

Should give the MF some balance.
    As for enough MFs, IMO your list includes 2 squad players, 2 crocks and an unproven kid. Don’t forget Law and Clunan which should be enough.

I forgot about Laws and Clunan. A lot of options there and I can’t for the life of me see why Dean wanted Rance to stay around. Still need a striker and a winger now old Cosmos is staying put.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

On that pesky Twitter..

Scunthorpe United FC
    @SUFCOfficial
    ·
    3h
    ✍️ Another 3️⃣ signings in this week, as we take our summer incomings up to 🔟:

👉 Michael Kelly
    👉 Danny Whitehall
    👉 Tyler Denton
    👉 Will Evans
    👉 Ross Fitzsimons
    👉 Maxim Kouogun
    👉 Michael Clunan
    👉 Jason Law
    👉 Kian Scales
    👉 Ross Barrows

Participant

All these new signings are having their photos taken at a great looking Glanford Park. On what looks like a pristine pitch and on the seats that look much cleaner than previous seasons.

I sincerely believe we will be playing there this coming season.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Cant grumble at any of the signings to be fair …. factor in the newbies and what we had left over from last season and the midfield does look a tad overloaded but who knows maybe one or two may leave ..(Beestin Rance ??)

BTW im with WG on Rance cant see why hes been offered anew contract which at the last update was only verbal so ….

Butterfield Wilson both been offered for transfer ..any takers or interested parties ??

Need an Ogle contract update

Chappo n Fitz ..very happy with that but who will be no1 ?? Foster still here no takers after all the chatter.

Decent looking defense

Tho IMO .. Need another striker for sure,lets hope a decent one can be snagged asap.

Then its all down to JD to get them buzzing

UTI

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

All these new signings are having their photos taken at a great looking Glanford Park. On what looks like a pristine pitch and on the seats that look much cleaner than previous seasons.

Hope so it would give everyone involved a huge lift for the upcoming season in which im quietly confident we will play better more entertaining and pressing style of football thus win enough to be in and around the top few places… not overlooking the likes of Chester Boston etc.

A couple of things hovering in my grey matter …

How JD intends to set up .. bearing in mind when he arrived it was touted as an attack minded manager..
    also.. re the new signings .. wondering when signing if they have been informed fully with regard to GP etc ..having your pic taken in splendid looking GP but then playing somewhere way less grand may not go down too well.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Need an Ogle contract update

Ogle’s staying put. Definitely need another striker and need a replacement for Wilson. In regards to Rance I’m genuinely confused as he’s spent the last 2/3 seasons picking up niggling injury after niggling injury.

Factor in he didn’t show hardly anything last season, it makes the extension even weirder. Putting that to one side, another striker and a right winger and we’ll be all set.

Makes a difference getting them in on contracts early and not having a raft of loan players and bargain bin specials coming to the club on the week before the season starts.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Oggie Oggie Oggie i hope yer right about Ogle … has he signed owt yet ??

Rance should not be at the dance .. is it too late for some tippex

Another striker to add to Whitehall n Elliot… n i be happy

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

EFA – I have a better offer. I don’t need first, I’ll settle for business class.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

EFA – I have a better offer. I don’t need first, I’ll settle for business class.

WOW thanks ..great to know there are so many kind and helpful Iron fans out there.. i will add this option to my list of considerations.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

WOW thanks ..great to know there are so many kind and helpful Iron fans out there.. i will add this option to my list of considerations.

Excuse me, I was here first.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Have you heard of Photoshop?

Participant

I’ve used photoshop many times in the past, and those pics would have taken some doing if fake. Add to that the players would know and that would make them suspicious.

I had thought about it, then thought better of it.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Still in shock Cosmos betrayed us. The chance to travel on the esteemed ship “HMS Piss The League” was too much for him.

On a more serious note does anybody know if we were looking at any other wingers besides old Cosmos ?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

He is only 22 Burny so not old

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.