Sheer Despair And New Take Over ?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Sheer Despair And New Take Over ?

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Even though relegation was expected, the day we were confirmed as being relegated it hurt like hell. I had to take a brief stint away from this forum due to impending doom. Sad to see.

I couldn’t even bring myself to football league show for what seems like an eternity for the same reason.

Absolutely devastated. Pity Swann didn’t feel the same, we may still be in league football !

I did however keep up with potential take over bid, via a consortium of Jason Maza and Jason Sharp.

Any of you know of any additional news, or are they still chipping away behind the scenes to get something done ?

Nice to see Laws coming out sticking it to Swann. I wouldn’t be against him come back in some role next season. Maybe a director of football.

Clearly still loves the club.

I just hope next season Swann has pissed off and the club start pulling together.

UP THE IRON

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I’d rather see that salary be spent on a player.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Keep academy staff. Everyone else in a management role on the Road to nowhere.

KevinhKevinh
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 1

Don’t we lose a large chunk of the academy funding after 1 year?

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014

I’d rather see that salary be spent on a player.

One minute there was nothing in the pot and then all of a sudden Lee Turnbull re appeared, is he working for free do you know ?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Any takeover news ?

WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021

I’ve heard swann’s asking price is a stumbling block. There are a few interested parties.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

The SUFC that’s valued at £115 million is Sheffield United, not us!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I’ve heard swann’s asking price is a stumbling block. There are a few interested parties.

Hardly surprising. Swann will want most of the money back he pissed down the drain. I hope he comes to his senses and moves the club on, it’s the least he could do !

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Narcissistic!!! come to senses? Does not compute but it would be nice I agree.

McfarlanewasalegendMcfarlanewasalegend
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

Ive no idea of who would be buying the club but if it is a consortium rather than a single person it will take time. Id imagine due diligence would be a lot harder to complete and thats only 1 issue im sure theyd be several things to overcome imo

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Takeover ! Same as new Ground , Ground Redevelopment , Apartments , We Will not go down , Will Leave the Club as I found it and many others !
    Just trying to get Fans to buy Season Tickets !

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SamsmithSmudger
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2014
    Topics: 5

Iron lion you come out with some right shit

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

IL82 He’s not far wrong!!

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant

Another Monday gone and still no announcement about any interested parties taking over !

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Meanwhile on t’other side of the Pennines: –

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61215826

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

But they were maybe not affected by the Covid

1 user thanked author for this post.
    f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

Fair play to them. We have all been far too tolerant and compliant this season (me included). Hence why we will be fighting relegation next season whilst still under the very dark cloud and stewardship of Earnest, whilst Oldham might be on the brink of a brighter future.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Another Monday gone and still no announcement about any interested parties taking over !

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

I honestly cannot see past administration within in the next year as no-one is going to meet the valuation of the club.

The only scenario I can imagine where we stand a chance is if Swann transfers the assets back in the near future, and we all know what the chances of that are.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant

Nothing he has ever promised has happened so why all of a sudden are people believing him saying various parties are interested in buying the Club.
    If he is still the owner by next Season I can envisage his funding into the Club being next to nothing.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I don’t care what Peter Swann or anyone else thinks but after the season when no support was allowed to come out with the statement we were going to have the lowest budget in the league was either going to encourage season ticket sales or getting people through the turnstiles, especially after nearly going down last season.
    so supporters are going to be wary this season season especially if we are going to rely on young kids all season, though they should improve has the season goes, I haven’t witnessed anything like this in 61 years coming to home games, we had a few poor seasons in the late 60s and 70s but won more games than this season.
    The sooner Peter goes now the better for everyone at the club and let’s hope he just cuts his losses rather than go for the liquidation route and have a excuse to bulldoze because there won’t be a football club to play there.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I can’t imagine Swann doing what he should and what he promised that our Club would be in a better position when he left than when he took over by giving the ground and assets back. The concern also is will Karin Swann, who apparently holds the purse strings, allow Swann to do what he absolutely should and give back what he took in recompense for his vast ridiculous overspending and bad decision making.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

In my opinion non of the Swann family have shown any regret for what they have done to our beloved Football League Club, Scunthorpe United. I would say shambolic and disgusting mismanagement by them is the view of the majority of our supporters.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Iron lion you come out with some right shit

What part of his post was complete shit???

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

It’s all right saying fair play to them frc where’s our trust been and where’s the ambition for them to takeover the club.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

We have to be realistic…Swann wants away and has made it abundantly clear that he isn’t prepared to invest any of his personal fortune into the club. I am also pretty confident that due to the poor attendances, and lack of money coming in from external sources (sponsorship etc.) the club is likely still making a loss week-on-week. Relegation will also mean that we have even less money coming into the club from the solidarity payments from the Premier League, and reduced parachute payments from the EFL next season.

Anyone who comes in for the club would likely need a good few million to purchase the club AND the assets (ground / land). Then they would need to invest some serious cash into rebuilding a squad to have any chance of gaining promotion back into the football league. As much as I want to see a white knight come in and revive the fortunes of the club, I just cannot see anyone coming in with sufficient finances to rebuild the club.

I am genuinely worried for next season. Forget promotion, the 22/23 season is a battle to avoid going into administration.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

With every day that passes Swann’s “I’ll leave the club in a better state than when I took over” statement becomes more and more of a sick joke.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

He could have launched a fleet of hot air balloons and a multinational fertiliser company from his utterings alone.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.