Sharpe and Co Bid

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Sharpe and Co Bid

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

It got people through Christmas and the New Year festive period.
    Who wants to go bust at Christmas?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Why anyone would criticise Simon, Ian and co for trying to save the club is beyond me. The reasons given so far are laughable.

9 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

It got people through Christmas and the New Year festive period.
    Who wants to go bust at Christmas?

I once got made redundant at Christmas but everything worked out ok eventually, let’s hope things eventually work out ok for our football club. 🤞

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

Much as I hate to say this I think the time has come for the nuclear option, which is to ask all supporters to stop attending games or providing any further income for the club while it’s in Swann’s hands.

Looking at the last balance sheet that I can find the club has no assets and negative equity and I can’t imagine things have improved since then.

We have to face the facts. Without someone coming in with a lot of cash the club is dead.

RIP SUFC.

I’ve loved you since the age of eight, a Friday night as I recall when we beat Derby County 3-2 in a thrilling match at the OSG. My love for football was ignited that night.

My love for football effectively finished on the day SUFC were relegated from the EFL. I could see no future for the club and I have no problem admitting that I was heartbroken. I still am. I’ve hardly watched any football since.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

At least wonder goals and jobby will be happy now that the local consortium has stood aside and made way for people with the funds to buy the club. Shouldn’t be any problems now should there?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I would agree with the nuclear option Bucks, but there are staff livelihoods to consider.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Why anyone would criticise Simon, Ian and co for trying to save the club is beyond me. The reasons given so far are laughable.

The way some are talking as if they’re expert negotiators and know that Elliot/Sharp are chancers is beyond silly.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

It’s the money that talks nothing more nothing less.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

At least wonder goals and jobby will be happy now that the local consortium has stood aside and made way for people with the funds to buy the club. Shouldn’t be any problems now should there?

Aye, if we were The Walking Dead, we’d want a bullet or a blade putting through our head.

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018
    Topics: 0

I think they had enough money to both buy the club and stabilise the same.
    Mr Swann however kept moving the ‘goal posts leaving the two of them with no choice but to pull out.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Simon and Ian were only doing what every one of us would have done if we had been in their position.

And like the majority of us they could not come up with the money.

Back to the old Ferrari analogy!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The only thing we do know from a reliable source SST that it was Ian and Simon moving the goalposts. We don’t know about swanny, looks like their waiting in the wings still maybe left their bid on the table or waiting for admin and pick it up on the cheap.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Why are people assuming they didn’t have enough money?

Perhaps they didn’t think it was worth the money being asked.

If the price was £3,500,001 plus the debts the current owner has incurred on behalf of the club then they are absolutely correct.

Deciding something is not worth the asking price is not the same as not being able to afford it.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Is that what SST said? Must have missed that.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I think they had enough money to both buy the club and stabilise the same.
    Mr Swann however kept moving the ‘goal posts leaving the two of them with no choice but to pull out.

Supposition.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Deerey, what the hell are you going on about now ?. I said the other day I would have wanted Sharpe and Co to own the club but Swann wants what he wants for it, rightly or wrongly and they simply couldn’t afford it.

I was just being a realist and you just chose to be blind to it all. Stevie wonder would have even seen where the local consortium pursuit for the club was going to end up.

Swann wants 3.5mill and they were offering 1.25 million just for the club and stadium….what did you expect was going to happen ?

Nobody has said they were dodgy, it just comes down to them simply not having the funds needed, which when your looking to purchase a club is quite important.

One thing I have issue with is them coming out saying they were 95% close to buying the club, even though no formal bid was even put in. They even admitted themselves that Swann from the outset didn’t give them a concrete fee so I have no idea how they thought they were on the verge of buying the club.

I admire their tenacity but I don’t admire that.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Deerey, what the hell are you going on about now ?’

Er, see below, then went on to say that the club couldn’t entertain more than one bid at once.

‘I’d rather they give it once last shot and if this doesn’t work then back away. All they’re doing is holding it up for the questionable todger flasher to acquire it.’

My point is, they’ve stepped aside now, so there shouldn’t be a problem should there? Not denying you wanted them to have their bid accepted at all. You made that clear.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

Deerey, You know, as well as I do they also need the money Swann is looking for or they won’t be buying it either.

Now, please just shut up. You’re a pain in the arse.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

So you know what Swann wants and what they bid?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Now, please just shut up. You’re a pain in the arse.’

That’s the level you’re at isn’t it? Tone it down. If you can’t discuss a point with someone who doesn’t agree with you without resorting to insults, you probably shouldn’t bother.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

Do you know they “simply couldn’t afford it”? More like they have decided it wasn’t worth 3.5 million.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Same old same old, everyone’s an expert but nobody really knows, hopefully the truth of what is happening and what went on in this whole sorry saga will come out one day but rather like the favourite Swann soundbite, ” undisclosed fee “, we may never know.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Go on SST replies 23rd dec Deerey “I smell a swann sized rat”

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Deciding something is not worth the asking price is not the same as not being able to afford it.

Not necessarily MK.

Everyone has a finite amount to spend. The quoted asking price as we all know was just the tip of the iceberg. Or should we say edge of the money pit?

I guess they did the maths and decided upping the offer wasn’t a sensible option.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Go on SST replies 23rd dec Deerey “I smell a swann sized rat”

‘The only thing we do know from a reliable source SST that it was Ian and Simon moving the goalposts’

Not what he said is it. He said you can’t accuse Swann of moving the goal posts this time. It doesn’t say Ian and Simon were. Not difficult to read it properly is it?

Staines MassiveStaines Massive
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 5

Tesco paid £14,000,000 for land opposite many years ago. After a 3 way bidding war developed including Asda & Tesco……if that’s true which I believe it is then 3.5 million is a steel, especially for someone with ulterior motive’s

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I wonder if Mr Wharton would support a Phoenix club by ‘selling’ a piece of land for a token price that we could then develop?

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant

I said the other day I would have wanted Sharpe and Co to own the club but Swann wants what he wants for it, rightly or wrongly and they simply couldn’t afford it.

Who says they couldn’t afford it Burney? You seem to know hell of a lot more than the rest of us about Ian, Simon & the consortiums finances, or is it just BS? I know what my guess would be!

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant

I wanted them to buy the club and would be over the moon if they had, but you know I always believed they hadn’t got the dosh.

You know nothing more than the rest of us, you and Burney talk utter bollocks thinking you know what funds they had or didnt have!

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Once this draws to a conclusion, I get the feeling the gloves will be off.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.