Topics: 444

Leicester at Nuneaton,I remember that

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Leicester at Nuneaton,I remember that

Yes so do i ..twas a crazy away day both inside and outside the ground.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015

Madness, like the old joke” I went to the boxing one day and a football match broke out “

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

now do us all a favour and leave the planet

Out of order!

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Been reported Pat.

A whole week’s detention for Awaywego!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Wow it as been reported, I was only asking a favour of someone, not as though I would mind someone saying the same of me in that situation, which I don’t intend getting to may I say. Some of us don’t intend living like that.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Aye it’s a funny old world Awaywego, I offered to drive the train to take you to meet your maker ( was it your Dad BTW ) and nobody bats an eyelid, your a marked man I tell ya.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

It’s very bad form to literally tell an old person you’d like for him to die. 😟

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I didn’t tell him to die LK (well at least not on this thread) “do us a favour” and nothing I wouldn’t say to his face, but if I saw his face there would be no need to as he’d be at a game and not sat on his sette slaging off fans that do go.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015

Like Patrick?

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

now do us all a favour and leave the planet

Out of order! Yes Pat, it was not a very nice thing to say was it, but he now says that I was slagging fans off for continuing watching the present team, but it was not the case really, all I said was that I cannot understand fans going all those distances to away matches, and that after 70 years doing the same, that I no longer feel any enjoyment in watching them any longer. Anyway awaywego has his right to put his views forward, and he really had no reason to put what he did, but so be it, I will certainly not lose any sleep over it, and it will not effect when the time arrives, but I really still enjoy life and do not spend my time layed in my lounge passing time.
    So lets get on with things guys, and just hope that things turn for better days down at GP, you never know, if they start playing entertaining footy, I could end up back in my old I32 seat in the Cluggy Stand ha ha!
    Enjoy the last couple of matches awaywego and hope that they get a win for you, and I still consider myself as a Scunny supporter even though not attending present day matches.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Nobody’s questioning your support over the years BS you’ve rammed it in our faces, didn’t take long in your replies before your slagging fans off,”probably placed in straight jackets” “having a tile loose”. And I’m the one out of order?

Participant

Nobody’s questioning your support over the years BS you’ve rammed it in our faces, didn’t take long in your replies before your slagging fans off,”probably placed in straight jackets” “having a tile loose”. And I’m the one out of order?

So you actually thought that I would expect stewards standing at the turnstiles and placing Scunny fans in straight jackets ha ha!, no matter about my 70 years of attending Scunny fixtures, I still cannot understand fans traveling all over the country to watch what the present team are presenting to them, boring football, no shots on target, 6 wins out of 46 league and cup games, yes against none league terams, I just cannot understad it. It was great when a new management squad took over, but nothing has really changed has it???????????????????????????????. Anyway I still hope that you enjoy it for many years, but I shall just be attending the Scunny Speedway team unless things change at GP, but I hope that you gain some enjoyment from watching Scunny, but be truthful awaywego, are you really feeling you have had your money’s worth the last three seasons??????????????.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

IMO

Football and the teams that partake in the great game go through cycles not always but more so and especially within the mid to lower sized less well funded range of clubs.

Any club can suffer a fall from grace for a variety of reasons in our case and others very poor ownership also points deductions from breach of EFL rules etc .. Derby Sunderland Reading Wigan to name just 4 who have dropped down the football ladder due to poor management and spending , Bury Macclesfield were lost totally whilst the likes of the Cods , Stockport and York fell into the abyss and came back stronger and are on the up again… at some point in time most clubs will go through some bad times , really bad in some cases ..of course others see fantastic new era ala Wrexham who you got to fancy to go through the EFL all the way to the Championship or beyond ..thats the flip side of the coin and where Scunny were in yester year.

My point being .. the shit that has happened at Scunny is very sad for its loyal fans and the town but it isnt that unusual and most certainly not the end of the world so hopefully with a new owner the fans remaining loyal and backing the team theres no reason why within 5 years the club could be back in the EFL

UTI

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

I still cannot understand fans traveling all over the country to watch what the present team are presenting to them, boring football, no shots on target, 6 wins out of 46 league and cup games, yes against none league terams, I just cannot understad it.

I can answer that from my point of view. Its never been solely about the football for me, if it was purely to watch great football I would have stopped going years ago. It’s the whole package for me, and I expect quite a few others which is why I have banged on about the matchday experience for so long, there is a lot of money to made out of football supporters if you get the whole package right. Yes I want to see my team win, and yes I want to see entertaining football, but I also love spending the day out with my lad doing something we both have a mutual interest in, I love talking crap and giving my “expert” opinion on tactics and team selection with people I have known for years from going to football yet I don’t even know most of their names! I love going away and mixing with rival supporters in their pubs and talking with them. I love believing season after season that this is going to be our year, and as crap as things are now I have had some fantastic memories following The Iron from trips to Wembley to going one nil up at Stamford Bridge to beating Accrington 3-2 at Turf Moor. For me, following my team is not just about the football.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Spot on Pat hence my name on here, it’s all about the day, that’s why I don’t like going GP it’s plastic just like York tagged on to nowhere, no locals as in the pub variety just a shite match day experience at home, have bought a season ticket next year but won’t go to them all and only going for the grandkid. Look forward to all the away games though. Ps we will probably win the non lge away day experience voted on by the away fans, most of them coming to a big ground and walking away with 3 points gotta be good lol.

Participant

I fully undewrstand where you are coming from Pat O’Cake, looking back over the many years, they were many of them that were not so good, but as you say mate, you just continue and they normally turn things round. I suppose what has finished it for me is the way that has ruined every thing that he has done over the past five or so years, added to the constant lies from him, it has been a very sad time for SUFC and its fans, that one man has ruined everything, and it got too much for me to stick with the club, simply becaue there was no enjoyment any longer of trecking there to watch it.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Spot on Pat hence my name on here’ – loved that ‘genesis of awaywego’ anecdote you gave a while back :)

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

If it was all about the football Pat, you wouldn’t pick Scunthorpe United as your team to follow!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

On fanbanter. Evidently it’s a good time to be a Wrexham fan announced 2 friendlys in the good old U S of A, don’t know whether that’s the club saying that but come on it’s not like catching bus to Chester is it,what use is it to little Dai who’s dad works down pit, even if they could get there, the ticket prices start at 175$, how long before they play a few home games over there like the American football teams do over here, Ilkeston v Scunthorpe never sent more appealing 22pounds including train travel and admission and that’s at their league prices plus my cheeseburger from Pat which we will take up, thanks again Pat.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Brilliant 🤣

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

i truly hope after offering Scunny fans burgers when they visit Ilkeston Patrick doesnt end up with egg on his face metophorically speaking and no connection with the current egg supply crisis in the town.
    Best of luck to Hollywood Wrexham ..they are on a roll even the council chucking 25 mil sheep ..i mean quid to revamp the RCG with a new kop stand .. hey NLC you listening ??

On a sadder note i was reading an article re Yeovil and my crusty old memory got reminded they much like Scunny but more recent where in the Championship … arguably the Iron fans best day this season was the opening day win over them and now both relegated…pleased them Maidstone and and possibly Torguay will be in the Southern tho York are back in the mix now but the minstermen play Aldershot who will have on foot on the beach after reaching the safe zone so expect them to survive.

Anyone know the most Northern located side in the NLS ?? they could well be coming our way

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Another cringe worthy moment on fanbanter, GMB’s segment on Wrexham wtf.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.