Segregation

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Segregation

• Author
    pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

Will there be segregation at away games next season?
    Or can we just roam around freely like at gainsborough etc

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021

Turn up early enough you might even get a game with a name like Pele ..

Looking at current attendances in NLN many away fixtures could possibly have more Scunny fans then home so would be hard to enforce proper segregation.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

At a few games we’ll be segregated, Scarborough for one, most clubs will want our dosh from beer sales and the food.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

I would have thought so “on police advice”, at least for the first season!

Dan-UTIDan-UTI
    Participant
    Registered On: April 8, 2014
    Topics: 1

Looking at current attendances in NLN many away fixtures could possibly have more Scunny fans then home so would be hard to enforce proper segregation.

Will we though? Even the lowest average crowds of around 400 will be round about how many we take away.

Absolute delusion from sections of our fan base who think despite taking 300-500 away for an average league game for the last 15 years that we’ll suddenly be taking 800+ most weeks when half of the grounds have a couple of stands and a railing at the side of the pitch to stand against.

Our support is average at best and a good following to Nottingham at £10 and an hour away at York is hardly evidence of us taking over places week in week out.

Even if we do take 500 a few places, the atmosphere is non-existent unless the young lads are there singing, it’s hardly going to be rocking when we don’t even have a stand to congregate in and instead have to surround the pitch in single file with no roof in the middle of a cold, wet and windy November is it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

Will the believers be separated from the non-believers?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

It will be at the discretion of the home club. Been segregated at Blyth (once) but never at Spennymoor. I’m guessing the South Shields fixture will be same as in the cup this season.

Some clubs have a bit of a history of trouble (Fylde, Chester, Chorley) mostly with local rivals but other sides will act to keep fans apart, usually on the advice of the police.

Taking to a couple of plod before the Gateshead game who said they had extras on as they were expecting up to 500 Iron fans and wanted to prevent any trouble.

No sign of them in the Schooner pub where Scunny & Heed fans were drinking together quite amicably!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Will the believers be separated from the non-believers?

Rene come back, this new reincarnation is just a waste of space, bad as anonymous.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

i would hope even without the “lads” Scunny could muster a decent following young or old if the football and results are positive ..

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Well ironfromafar, I would think that fans still turning out for Scunny away games will probably be placed in “straight jackets” because to be traveling to matches in the second level of none league games, you will be assessed to have a possible tile loose.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Well ironfromafar, I would think that fans still turning out for Scunny away games will probably be placed in “straight jackets” because to be traveling to matches in the second level of none league games, you will be assessed to have a possible tile loose.

Excuse my rather obtuse terminology Barts.. after being away so long i will be overjoyed to travel to see the Iron when back in the Uk this coming season wherever they play home or away ..Tier 6 is unfortunate but hey ho ..

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

“would think that fans still turning out for Scunny away games will probably be placed in “straight jackets” because to be traveling to matches in the second level of none league games, you will be assessed to have a possible tile loose”.

Why?

Your support of the club is as sardonic as ever!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What’s so hard to understand that people want to watch their team whatever division their in BS, you supposedly managed it for 70 years, 2 of them years we would have been relegated under today’s rules yet you kept going. Your a bit like the annoying t*** who gives up smoking then takes the moral high ground and objects to any one who still does especially in the same room.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Boston is segregrated, I’ve been there when there’s been 30 odd away fans
    Peterborough Sports will probably be all ticket, terrace behind the goal
    South Shields we all know about

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Had a look on ground guide and to be fair most have segregation.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Just to remind those jumping up to the bait from BS, he’s a tired old man whose race is almost run. Best ignored.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

What a sad thread!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Tbh, there’s been sadder ones.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

there has been an increase in trouble at non league clubs around the country over the last few years.

Apparently you’re getting younger lads priced out of higher placed teams going to their local clubs; mix that in with little-no police, untrained stewards and no segregation and there’s been a fair few tear ups.

Might have been Southport vs Chester this year where it kicked off and there were a few videos doing the rounds on social media.

some clubs are even banning u16’s going with an adult supervising to try and curb it.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

“would think that fans still turning out for Scunny away games will probably be placed in “straight jackets” because to be traveling to matches in the second level of none league games, you will be assessed to have a possible tile loose”.

Why? Sorry Northumbiron, but I had 70 years of supporting them home and away, so your comments should not just refer to my opinions of the past three years of giving up all hope, I am afraid that Mr Swann has kil;led off all my passion for present day attending. At 82 YOA, pal, I would think that could be taken as another reason for not going.

Your support of the club is as sardonic as ever!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You know what they say BS ” time to go, time to go,time to go” and I don’t mean to a match either, what’s the point in it just festering in your house, now do us all a favour and leave the planet. Ps do us a favour and take the other crusty NLI with you.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

That’s not very nice awaywego

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Just trying to help them with a gentle nudge Deerey, there comes a point in life when you’ve got to ask yourself what’s the point, not there myself at this moment in time, I always try and catch the early train and not the last one, knowing my luck the drivers will be striking that day.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I’ll drive if your desperate.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Can you stop at Ilkeston on the way and drop a load of clapping seals off?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I’m sure our nauseating coke addled adolescents will be chomping at the bit

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What the lads who turn up every week, give me them anyday rather than you 64, let’s face it you don’t go often enough for them to bother yourself.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Tamworth v Nuneaton match going to played behind closed doors original match abandoned due to crowd trouble Tamworth 2-0 up at the time, could be very feisty next season with all the Derby and Leicester fans out and about.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Can you stop at Ilkeston on the way and drop a load of clapping seals off?

Will save you a seat DM, you know you want to come and sample the beer.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.