Season tickets for the national league

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Season tickets for the national league

• Author
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

We agree to disagree yeah, nowt fresh there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Anybody know what happens to a promoted Nl south or north club who’s ground isn’t big enough for the vanarama, Dorking and Brackley who are both second in each lge don’t have the capacity required. Min capacity 4000 and have room to extend to 5000.

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018
    Topics: 0

If Mr Swann were brave enough he would set the season ticket price low say £100/£125 and hope to fill the stadium every week.
    Far better than playing to 1500.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

It’s not about the money David, we all have our excuses for not going and the cost isn’t very high on the list. Like I said before start winning and the crowds will come.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

The cost is very high on the list, particularly considering the huge increase in the costs of living. Unless money is not an object to people that is. It will take more than winning to get the crowds back.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

From £10.43p per adult seems very reasonable to me, Someone was lauding going to watch Brigg and getting change from £20 for match, a pie and a pint, we can match that now. And of course some won’t come back because we sold Barrie Thomas that goes without saying, I did say we all have our excuses.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Wow, even for you that is pretty sad Awaywego, Barrie Thomas 😂😂😂

scunnymatt88scunnymatt88
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2017
    Topics: 1

Is SWANN trying to have a laugh at supporters expense!!!! He didn’t want to survive in the football league in my opinion. Why do you think we have been playing the sixteen year old, sold Loft with no fit replacement, let Hyppolyte go and Green. Weird team formations and then yesterday sold Manny. Simon Elliott was on the radio before the match yesterday and said it wouldn’t have made any sense paying the
    loan off as it will be wiped off in June. That’s SWANN talking. He’s just a SWANN front man to take the heat off SWANN. They obviously don’t value football league status whatsoever. Then Elliott said we will have an increased budget next season. Who on earth believes that. SEASON TICKETS they’re certainly having a laugh alright!!!!

This is why simon elliot was brought back into the club for someone else to sit and take the crap for people at the top who are ruining the club. I think its an utter pisstake they are advertising season tickets i personally wouldnt go if they were free! The heart and soul has been completely stripped from the club and its so sad because we built up a reputation as a well run, well respected club with fans who couldnt wait to go football on a tuesday/saturday to see a team who always gave everything. I will always be grateful for steve wharton for keeping a steady ship and brought us the good exciting times along with the best memories. Its heartbreaking what swann has done and while he is still at the club i wont be stepping foot in the sinking sands stadium and id like to think others will do the same. We need him out of our club its simple as that!

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

If that really is the reason Simon was brought in, and I’ve no reason to think not now, that’s extremely cynical. Every time you try to muster up some positivity regarding club announcements the carpet is ripped from under you.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

From £10.43p per adult seems very reasonable to me, Someone was lauding going to watch Brigg and getting change from £20 for match, a pie and a pint, we can match that now. And of course some won’t come back because we sold Barrie Thomas that goes without saying, I did say we all have our excuses.

Except to get that price, you have to pay £250 up front, which is a barrier to plenty of people.

If it was £10-15 for walk-ups next season, I reckon that would put a few more bums on seats.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

It really would.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Come on guys be honest who’s purchased one yet?.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

There not far off on what they’ve done Ferrite you can buy by direct debit with no interest payable, just a £25 arrangement fee. (Sure that will not be good enough it never is)

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

There not far off on what they’ve done Ferrite you can buy by direct debit with no interest payable, just a £25 arrangement fee. (Sure that will not be good enough it never is)

You have got one already I take it?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

No but I will be getting one of the grand kids one.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

Pretty steep interest rate on that loan but I’m glad there’s a facility like that.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

No matter how easy the club makes it to get a season ticket you still can’t get over the fact that the football on offer over the past three seasons or more has been absolutely dire.

And as many on here have said, there is no sign of things improving next year. In fact it could get even worse.

So you can’t really blame folk for being somewhat reticent about committing to a ST. Many will have a “wait and see” attitude. If (and it’s a big if!) we are doing okay up to Christmas, half-season ticket sales may take off.

Then there are those who won’t return whilst Swann is Chairman.

I can’t see anyone queuing round the block as things stand.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

We’ve just spoken to a season ticket holder in our street, who has been for many seasons. His words were “I’m not getting another season ticket whilst he is in charge.” We have been season ticket holders for the last ten seasons and been supporters for the last sixty-odd years and we feel exactly the same as him. Thank you STEVE WHARTON for the good, exciting times and the bad times too when we have supported our Club through thick and thin. As for the SWANNS please do us all a favour, give us back our stadium and land and leave us in a better position as you said you would when you first came here, AND CLEAR OFF AND SELL THE CLUB to someone or a consortium whe really care about our beloved Scunthorpe United FC.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

I won’t be getting one – the simple fact is Swann states its for transfers/club budget – so I am expected to fund Will Swann’s HoR folly.

No chance

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

No but I will be getting one of the grand kids one.

Bloody hell don’t do it, your grand kids don’t deserve treatment like that 😂😂😂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.