Season tickets for the national league

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Season tickets for the national league

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Priced for the national league, I know we’ve given up but surely a professional outfit shouldn’t throw the towel in? 25% reduction off adults available from this Thursday.

apbeapb
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

The claim that –

“It’s never been more beneficial to be a Scunthorpe United season ticket holder.”

was, being kind, rather stretching it a bit.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Is SWANN trying to have a laugh at supporters expense!!!! He didn’t want to survive in the football league in my opinion. Why do you think we have been playing the sixteen year old, sold Loft with no fit replacement, let Hyppolyte go and Green. Weird team formations and then yesterday sold Manny. Simon Elliott was on the radio before the match yesterday and said it wouldn’t have made any sense paying the
    loan off as it will be wiped off in June. That’s SWANN talking. He’s just a SWANN front man to take the heat off SWANN. They obviously don’t value football league status whatsoever. Then Elliott said we will have an increased budget next season. Who on earth believes that. SEASON TICKETS they’re certainly having a laugh alright!!!!

7 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Is that true about the loan being wiped? If so that makes it quite a serious predicament for us moving forward.
    Getting back into the league with that hanging over our heads won’t be easy. EFL will want the money back.

I am growing increasingly concerned about Simon Elliot who has recently become just a mouthpiece for the regime and not a voice of truth/light for disillusioned fans.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Priced for the national league

That can’t be right because Mr Swann himself said he would not allow the club to be relegated from the league?

TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018
    Topics: 1

I dont believe for one moment that the loan will be wiped off in June. If that was the case, every club would have took it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 13

National League Season Ticket Prices 2021-22

Cheapest – Eastleigh £180
    Dearest – Kings Lynn £420

Kings Lynn
    Cat A games – £26 centre block (main stand)

Cat B games – £20 centre block.

Cat A ? Cat B ? – in Non League, taking the pi$$.

Southend – 2,683 att
    Chesterfield – 1,806
    Notts County – 1,505

All the other home games this season have ‘attracted’ between 591 and 1,106 spectators.
    Their average home attendance this season is 1,097 spectators.
    Eleven of their nineteen home games have ‘attracted’ less than 1,000 spectators.

If the price differential is for additional policing / stewarding for when the “big 3” (maybe they assigned Cat A to eight games?) were the opponents, then they ought to spread the cost over the seasons games.

Looking at their fans forum, Southend took 1,200 to the opening day fixture.
    Would that volume of support not cover the additional stewarding / policing cost?

It seems unfair to penalise the loyal long suffering home fans just because a well supported away team is playing.

A £6 (30%) uplift to watch a game against a former league club. It’s discriminatory.

£26 to watch your team getting hammered every week is masochism.

Kings Lynn 2021-22 (as of 17th March)
    P32 W4 D6 L22 Pts 18 GD -33

A family of five can watch The Batman at The Vue on Saturday afternoon (1:30pm kick off) for a mere twenty five pounds.
    £4.99 per person – guaranteed 2hours 55 minutes of quality entertainment in a warm comfortable environment.

Looking at their forum, fans are choosing to attend alternative non-league football in the area.
    One fan stated that he is now watching and supporting Heacham, who he says have had 6 promotions in six years. £3 admission, £2 a pint, 50p for a sausage roll – and he says the football is good too.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-top-of-the-league-for-ticket-prices-9209714/

5 users thanked author for this post.
    alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

I am growing increasingly concerned about Simon Elliot who has recently become just a mouthpiece for the regime and not a voice of truth/light for disillusioned fans.

Did anyone seriously expect different?
    Would the fat man have had him back if he was going to gainsay him?
    I think not.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Thanks for the info Renee would seem we will be amongst the cheapest next near.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Looking at their forum, fans are choosing to attend alternative non-league football in the area.’

There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence for this across the country. It doesn’t just effect home based supporters either. Supporters who now live in different parts of the country may be choosing tier 6-10 clubs that are local to them rather than following their home town club away as much. And it’s hardly surprising when you can get in for a fiver, decent çatering, feel part of a community based club etc.

Any stats you could find about gate increases across tiers 6-10 Renee? I assume this season will have seen a good increase?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Heacham – population 4,750 (2011 census)

Fosters Solicitors Anglian Combination Premier Division 2021-22

Heacham FC P20 W19 D1 L0 58 Pts +51 GD

They are a point in front of the second placed team but have SIX games in hand.
    They are 12 points ahead of the third placed team AND have FOUR games in hand.

John Flanagan 25 goals from 22 games &
    Nathan Davies 24 goals from 24 games
    are the top goal scorers in that league – both play for Heacham FC.

A seventh promotion in seven years looks nailed on.

Four (they have 10 games remaining) more wins would see them eclipse Dussindale & Hellesdon Rovers potential maximum points (59 pts) should that team win their remaining four fixtures.

Next season, they will be playing in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League First Division.
    Level 10 in the Great Football Pyramid – the same level as Grimsby Borough, Winterton, Barton, Goole & Bottesford.

They are a further four promotions away from the National League South.

I wonder if any clubs higher up the pyramid have had a look at Flanagan & Davies?
    Take the ‘deadly duo’ as your strike force.

I’ll be interested to see how Heacham FC progress in the next four or five years.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

‘Looking at their forum, fans are choosing to attend alternative non-league football in the area.’

There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence for this across the country. It doesn’t just effect home based supporters either. Supporters who now live in different parts of the country may be choosing tier 6-10 clubs that are local to them rather than following their home town club away as much. And it’s hardly surprising when you can get in for a fiver, decent çatering, feel part of a community based club etc.

Any stats you could find about gate increases across tiers 6-10 Renee? I assume this season will have seen a good increase?

1) Top 250 Non League Average Attendances:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/

2) Useful for selecting your Cat A & Cat B games – should you want to go down that route:

Stockport don’t appear to have a good away following or / and the home fans aren’t bothered that their team is playing them.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances/away

3) NCEFL Attendance grid by season:

http://www.ncefl.org.uk/matches/attendancegrids/2021/

4) Non-League renaissance:

Non-league football is enjoying a surprising post-lockdown renaissance

5) 2019-20 attendance figures (incomplete season):

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/aveengnl.htm

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

So far this season, three fixtures in the NCEFL Division One (Level 10 in the Great Pyramid) attracted over a thousand supporters:

Hallam – 1,048 & 1,128
    North Ferriby – 1,139

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Can you remember poor old Macc, just look at them now, “wow” I did say they would have a great time along with Bury, 3280 average at home over 1000 season ticket holders, sell out games maybe not all that bad down there.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Heacham FC:

Next season, they will be playing in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League First Division.

Level 10 in the Great Football Pyramid – the same level as Grimsby Borough, Winterton, Barton, Goole & Bottesford.

CORRECTION:

those clubs play at Level 9 in the Premier League.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Don’t we get a failure bonus for getting relegated?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Don’t we get a failure bonus for getting relegated?

Yep, bonus is only 1500 average home attendance next season. More room to stretch your legs out across three seats.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Good article the 365 one Renee. Thanks. Added to supporter disillusionment with Premier league clubs, I’d add certain EFL clubs being run by incompetents.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

I dont believe for one moment that the loan will be wiped off in June. If that was the case, every club would have took it.

As I understand it the loan will become a grant in the summer, and won’t need to be paid back. Most clubs didn’t take it due to the conditions attached to it.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

1500 average Ironawe what are you basing that on? Grimsby’s and Southend’s average have increased and Southend had a dreadful start, you seem to be coming round to my opinion that scunny have the worse fans.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

I was one of those last Saturday, had fish n chips, a few beers and watched Brigg Town for a change, all for £20 . I didn’t feel I was having the proverbial taken out of me either, for a change.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

As I understand it the loan will become a grant in the summer, and won’t need to be paid back. Most clubs didn’t take it due to the conditions attached to it.

As I understand it, the loan still has to be paid back but the transfer restrictions don’t apply after the first year – that was how I interpreted Simon Elliott’s explanation on Humberside.

Be interesting to see in the next accounts how much the loan is costing us in terms of monthly repayments.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

I was going on what Ehab Allam* said about the loan, more fool me perhaps. 😜

*💩

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Had a dig on the internet and this from Sky Sports at the time seems the most coherent explanation I could find regarding the loans given to individual clubs:

“The remaining £20m, called the ‘Monitored Grant’, will allow clubs to apply based on “need”, the EFL-Premier League statement said, with a panel set to determine each club’s eligibility.

The statement added: “Clubs subsequently in receipt of a ‘monitored grant’ will be subject to certain restrictions, in respect to transfer spend and player wages.

“Clubs who keep to the restrictions will not have to repay any of the funding required, whereas for clubs in breach, the ‘monitored grant’ becomes repayable by the club.

“Any club in receipt of a grant or monitored grant payment will be required to continue to maintain compliance with the EFL’s financial regulations.”

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Remember when Swann said the loan isn’t a problem because we are way within the constraints and also remember KH being flabbergasted by the constraints of the loan

It’s almost like somebody is full of sh*t

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

1500 average Ironawe what are you basing that on? Grimsby’s and Southend’s average have increased and Southend had a dreadful start, you seem to be coming round to my opinion that scunny have the worse fans.

I was basing it on us being bottom of the National League next season, do you think we will be top seven or something similar? Have you not noticed how Swann has run the club the last four seasons or are you totally blinkered on this matter? Perhaps you think going to games next season, lobbing the odd flare onto the pitch and picking occasional fights with stewards or opposition fans by our young Iron crew will see us top four or something? Wise up, the budget will be shit the squad as a result will be shit and Iron fans in larger numbers will say ” up yours chairman “. That isn’t fans being worse it’s fans being not prepared to put up with the current chairman in charge, if Swann sells up and goes the fans will return, not before. This is my opinion. ( Little disclaimer in there, we know how sensitive certain people can get )

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You had me there for a minute Ironawe, might have known there was no substance to your post just sentimental bollocks, you conveniently ignore Southend and their owner who took his team down 2 seasons running into the Nl lge and yet this season there attendances have risen, they dislike him just like you do Swann. So why will we be any different start playing better and win some games and the fans will return, all quite simple really it happens with all clubs.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Stop comparing us to Southend, every club is different, you don’t know the ins and outs at Southend but we have more actual facts based on our last four seasons, shrinking budgets and lack of interest by our owners to make a better assessment. Did the Southend owner stop turning up to games last season?, did he put his son in charge of recruitment, please tell us all the ins and outs that have gone on at Southend in the last four seasons that gives you certain knowledge we will mirror them next season, truth is you cant. I gave a reason for my crowd average prediction for next season based on the last few seasons here, not Southend. Budget cuts and poor recruitment have led me to my crowd average prediction based on our club not some other club. As for talking bollocks, sentimental or otherwise, once again you claim first prize.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

IMO depending how Scunny get on result and performance wise the attendances at GP (still refusing to call it TSVS) will vary from 1000 to 1600 allowing for the bigger clubs bringing a few in the away end…of course these numbers would increase dramatically if Swann was to leave.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If you read the posts I’ve not just mentioned Southend, Macc, Bury, “all quite simple really it happens with all clubs”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.