Scarborough Athletic FC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Scarborough Athletic FC

• Author
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Really enjoyed today.
    GP was absolutely rocking and credit to the Scarborough fans too who were brilliant!!

My only criticism is I’d love us to have more width and there’s still another level of pace in attack we are missing.

Saying that, We are a very very good team for the level.
    I may owe Jimmy an apology at the end of the season, maybe I got him wrong.
    Time will tell

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Good call on the attendance, Ironfromafar. I thought you’d overestimated by at least 600. A surprisingly good following from Scarborough but even so today shows the appetite and potential within the town.

Good following from the Seadogs and nearly 5k for the level is excellent.

The record for this level is 6.3k. It’s a tough ask but I wonder if can do it at some point.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Which game Cliff? Been trying to find out but all the record crowd alluded to was the playoff final York v Boston which is not what I was after.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Not sure. It came from Iron stats on Twitter, however he could only go as far back as 2011.

I would presume Stockport County

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

What a good day for the club and the fans, I only wish that I was fit enough to still attend, but I really enjoyed the game which was on the RH, and it was a real pleasure listening to the new commentator Cam Pope, he was really easy to listen to, amd it is the first time that I have heard him.

The Stadium sounded to be buzzing, it sounded to be a really enjoyable day out for our long suffering fans, a great result, a great attendance, and back at the top of the league, with most of the other results going our way, well done to all.

I am just hoping for a good outcome at tomorrows court case against Mr Evil, but are fearing the worst, for the sake of SUFC amd its loyal supporters, some one please rescue the towns long term loved asset.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

What a good day for the club and the fans, I only wish that I was fit enough to still attend, but I really enjoyed the game which was on the RH, and it was a real pleasure listening to the new commentator Cam Pope, he was really easy to listen to, amd it is the first time that I have heard him.

The Stadium sounded to be buzzing, it sounded to be a really enjoyable day out for our long suffering fans, a great result, a great attendance, and back at the top of the league, with most of the other results going our way, well done to all.

I am just hoping for a good outcome at tomorrows court case against Mr Evil, but are fearing the worst, for the sake of SUFC amd its loyal supporters, some one please rescue the towns long term loved asset.

Amen.

AndrewGironinthesoul
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2014
    Topics: 0

I don’t like to admit that I enjoyed the game but I did. Even cheered at times and am looking forward to the next one instead of just turning up out of habit. Maybe I am sickening for something.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Mr Evil. Which one is that?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

“I don’t like to admit that I enjoy the game” says a lot of some of our fans.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Have a good idea why the 1 o’clock kick off, Jimmy had to catch a flight to Paris to watch his daughter in a dancing competition hope he made it for her with all the plane disruption yesterday he left within 5 mins off full time. smiler did say to us the game wasn’t moved on police advice.

Participant

jThat question is easily answered Ironironiron, just ask any of the 5 or 6,000 loyal supporters that have swallowed his constant lies for the past 8 or 10 years, or ask the question “WHO IS THE MOST HATED MAN IS NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE, that will give you the answer pal.

Participant

Have a good idea why the 1 o’clock kick off, Jimmy had to catch a flight to Paris to watch his daughter in a dancing competition hope he made it for her with all the plane disruption yesterday he left within 5 mins off full time. smiler did say to us the game wasn’t moved on police advice.

No problem there then awaywego, it is great to support your loved ones, I would have done the same, the one o’clock kick off certaily did mot effect the attendance figure!!!

IronSteveSteve
    Participant
    Topics: 0

Whitehall is a strange one for such a big lad, he goes down far too easy and is always looking for the foul instead of going for goal. The second half one when he was virtually through on goal then fell over like he was pole axed was pathetic, the ref got the decisions around Whitehall’s so called fouls against just about right IMO, the ref however overall was poor. I know it’s from a different time and laws have changed over the years but Steve Torpey would have had that Scarborough centre back for breakfast, dinner and tea after the first twenty minutes. Agree about Whitehall, grow up FFS.

Oh you mean when he was actually tripped up when through on goal?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

No Steve I meant when he fell over like a big fanny and claimed he’d been tripped.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Rather sexist for you there Ironawe.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Rather sexist for you there Ironawe.

Apologies, you sprang into my thoughts when I was writing the post 😜

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

You will be dreaming about him next

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Do you still run out the ground and get the balls kicked over the stand Jerry?, never saw you go Monday when those two got booted out over the 95 minutes, ” Jerry Jerry ” what a classic chant that was back in the day.

XxxXxx
    Participant

Call me Jerry it’s up to you

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Work it out Xxx, me and Ironawe are “one of the same” split personalities I joined one day and my alter ego joined the next, our birthdays are in July and we’re both 68. Hope that clears things up.

XxxXxx
    Participant

You can call me Jerry to if you want

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Topics: 6

jThat question is easily answered Ironironiron, just ask any of the 5 or 6,000 loyal supporters that have swallowed his constant lies for the past 8 or 10 years, or ask the question “WHO IS THE MOST HATED MAN IS NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE, that will give you the answer pal.

I agree that Swann is a baddy, but I am yet to be convinced that DH isn’t another one.

Hope your not saying the same thing in 8-10 years time.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

If we’ve still got a football club in 8-10 years he’ll have done a decent job, and I’ll have forgotten his name anyway!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Work it out Xxx, me and Ironawe are “one of the same” split personalities I joined one day and my alter ego joined the next, our birthdays are in July and we’re both 68. Hope that clears things up.

Must be some split personality as my birthday is in June but we both are 68:-)

XxxXxx
    Participant

You can still call me jerry both of you

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

It’s ok Jerry, I know it takes awhile for you to absorb information but you can stop repeating yourself now.

XxxXxx
    Participant

Ok mr ia you can call me jerry you are now a Karen this will be fun

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Looks like we’ve got another admirer.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Threw his cap to the floor in frustration apparently after our fourth goal according to Gareth, I believe most managers in this division will admit they have got their hands full when playing the Iron this season and I admire their honesty.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.