Scarborough Athletic FC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Scarborough Athletic FC

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Let’s give them the run around on Monday and put today’s aquaplane performance behind us.

Let’s get at them in a 4-4-2 and if we can’t beat the Algerinos, I’ll eat my Tahat.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Agreed, recovery will be key and our squad will handle it better.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

“aquaplane”

I think you mean inadequate.

Old Iron2Old Iron2
    Participant
    Registered On: August 20, 2023
    Topics: 1

What size crowd are we predicting on Monday? I reckon Scarborough will bring about 400, so should be a cracking atmosphere.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Iron 4/9
    Sea dogs 24/5
    Draw 16/5

Iron 2-1 Dogs 7/1

Let’s get back on track!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Scunny need to bounce back after yesterday … in hindsight Barrows Poulter n Robertson should not have gone on loan if the squad is as depleted as JD reckons.

Prediction for Scarboro

Hard fought Iron win 2-1
    Att 4728

UTI

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

4728? A bit surprised by that prediction. Would be v happy with 6-800 less

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Yep I reckon if we get around the 4000 mark we should be happy enough with that, hope it stays fine but the 1 o clock start is just ridiculous.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Old Iron2Old Iron2
    Participant
    Registered On: August 20, 2023
    Topics: 1

Looks like Scarborough are bringing more than I thought. Probably 600 or 700.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Looks like Scarborough are bringing more than I thought. Probably 600 or 700.

Good numbers.
    Should be a good atmosphere.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Be interesting to see how he lines. Would like to see Elliot given a chance to start tomorrow. Wilson has to come back in side also, Sembe Ferris didn’t have the best game against Curzon but I’d be tempted give him another chance and give Denton a rest.

Fitzsimmons

Ogle
    Evans
    Kouogun
    Kelly

Shrimpton
    Butterfield
    Scales

Wilson
    Sembe Ferris

Elliot

Att: 4426

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

I’m sorry but Shrimpton is not good enough yet,whether he will ever be not sure

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Harsh, PI.

We have 3 terrific midfielders crocked.
    We may possibly yet get three points but it ain’t gonna be all that easy without Beestin, Roberts and Clunan. We’ve learned to get by without Roberts but …
    I still think that Kelly may be the man to fill in.
    Have we totally given up on Rance? Didn’t see his name down amongst the injured.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Have we totally given up on Rance? Didn’t see his name down amongst the injured.

We should have given up on him before activating the extension. In fact signing him injured was arguably an even bigger mistake.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

From what I saw at Curzon, the two lads supporting Butterfield in midfield left a lot to be desired – their passing was at best variable and neither ever looked to break beyond the forwards into the box. In a game like that, where the Iron dominate possession, I think we need 2/3rds of our midfield to offer more than just spoiling.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

We are at home so one holding midfield player is enough. Shrimpton is good enough and mobile enough to do that job and play quick simple passes (ala Clunan) to get us going. Butterfield and Scales should be further forward as Ferrite says with Butterfield picking passes to the front 3 and Scales who should be making forward runs with whichever of the Danny’s gets picked.

Denton back to left back for me as he is more positive in forward positions than Kelly has demonstrated so far.

Sembie Ferris and Wilson to join the Danny up front. Time for a bit more end product from those two.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Whitehall and Elliot start

Fitz
    Ogle
    Evans
    Kouogun
    Denton
    Shripton
    Butterfield
    Scales
    Eliiot
    Wilson
    Whitehall

Kelly on bench .. rate him

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

4 – 1 The Iron.

Result!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

over 4800 there as well .. 640 away

Excellent crowd.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Topics: 4

Excellent crowd. Will be there myself in a few weeks.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

over 4800 there as well .. 640 away

Excellent crowd.

And on the morrow we descend on Camelot!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Ref should have changed his kit far to similar to theirs.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Great win, great crowd,great atmosphere, crap ref but most importantly Shrimpton passed the test today. Well played young man now make that position yours or at least give Jimmy a tough decision to make when others are fit again.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Makes a change us performing in front of a decent crowd; Never got out of 2nd gear against a poor S’boro side.

Once again we played some nice stuff with Fin and Cam taking their goals well. When we move the ball quickly I can’t see anyone coping with us in this league; there is a huge dip in quality from opposition sides. Pleasing to see Elliot off the mark- no way he’s claiming that 4th though!

Jimmy desperately needed a good start and he’s delivered. Onwards to one of the closest away games of the season at Alfreton.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Topics: 6

An excellent day out.

Good all round performance. Ogle is a class above. Shrimpton put in in a good shift but he is still a little lightweight. Elliot could help us stay top of the League, whilst Whitehall needs to grow up and keep his mouth shut – good job he was substituted.

I thought the ref was good.

Bought food for the first time in 15 years at the ground. The goat burger was really good, but the service is still painfully slow.

Good crowd and best atmosphere I’ve seen for many a year.

Long may it continue 👍

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Whitehall is a strange one for such a big lad, he goes down far too easy and is always looking for the foul instead of going for goal. The second half one when he was virtually through on goal then fell over like he was pole axed was pathetic, the ref got the decisions around Whitehall’s so called fouls against just about right IMO, the ref however overall was poor. I know it’s from a different time and laws have changed over the years but Steve Torpey would have had that Scarborough centre back for breakfast, dinner and tea after the first twenty minutes. Agree about Whitehall, grow up FFS.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

One of the better refs we’ve seen so far, you really wouldn’t have liked the Curzon one, just nice to see us taking the ball into the box and 2 goals to show for it not once did we do it last Saturday, nice to see Whitehall and Elliot starting together.

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

Could not understand why Dean puts on two defenders later in the game when we were 4-1 up. The team looked very tired towards the end ,it’s unfair to play two games in three days the premier league would not do it

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Good call on the attendance, Ironfromafar. I thought you’d overestimated by at least 600. A surprisingly good following from Scarborough but even so today shows the appetite and potential within the town.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Good call on the attendance, Ironfromafar. I thought you’d overestimated by at least 600. A surprisingly good following from Scarborough but even so today shows the appetite and potential within the town.

I believe it’s called game management, players were getting tired ( on both sides TBF ) but our midfield looked leggy and Whitehall needed a break from falling over. Stiffened the defence with the introduction of Boyce who looked very comfortable and should have scored with that header from a corner. Correct management from Jimmy IMO, 4-1 was a very good well managed win.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.