Scarborough Athletic

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Scarborough Athletic

• Author
    PhilAndersPhilAnders
    Participant
    Registered On: July 10, 2017
    Topics: 5

As I thought, no Whitehall, but Scales deemed fit. Boyce in starting 11 with Evan’s Kougan and Nicholson, so no weakness to their high ball set pieces, but Boyce up top? Think I’d rather have Evan’s in midfield with Boyce at CB. At least that might nullify their creative player. With the height we should pose a threat at set pieces and long throws. Roberts, Beestin and Scales can attack on the ground!Revised prediction, Draw or one goal reverse defeat!if Whitehall and Carlton aren’t

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Seems ultra defensive set up. Hope we’re not picking to nullify them. Reckon Boyce is in the back 3 and Evans as a sitting midfielder, don’t think Butler is that impressed with Shrimptom (or Fishburn if Boyce is up top?!). Shows how light we are up top though, hope they can dip into the loan market and get a decent league reserve.

Old Iron2Old Iron2
    Participant
    Registered On: August 20, 2023
    Topics: 1

Half-time; 1-0 to Scarborough (Dom Tear). Good game so far, a bit feisty at times but we look a bit over run.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

When you take the field with a keeper and 6 defenders it doesn’t leave much room for footballers.

Game so far reflects that.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I told Mrs Lesgeo at 2-45 that our first defeat was coming this afternoon.
    I never make predictions but the passing recently has been so poor against solid opposition …
    Go on Iron. Prove me wrong!

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Sigh!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 135

Honeymoon period over now.
    We seem a tad one dimensional and predictable?

vadervader
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017
    Topics: 6

Similar to last season, weve been rummbled, no plan B, not enough up front.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I don’t like 3 CBs but it’s worked so far, 4 is just ridiculous. How do Brogan, Rowley & Shrimpton feel being behind Evans for a midfield start?

Old Iron2Old Iron2
    Participant
    Registered On: August 20, 2023
    Topics: 1

We just couldn’t cope with Harry Green. He bossed the game.

Ex OfficioEx Officio
    Participant
    Registered On: December 28, 2013
    Topics: 3

When I saw the starting 11 I knew we wouldn’t win and suspected we might lose. That was an over cautious selection again overrating the opposition and no confidence in going out to win the game. Poor, poor.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    PhilAndersPhilAnders
    Participant

A consistent viewpoint on this board last season was playing one striker didn’t work. No surprises then when it won’t work this season . If neither Whitehall nor Carlton are fit to play next Saturday, then we need a quality striker in for the Oxford City game otherwise again we will struggle to break down their defence. Losing the odd game away to teams who will be in the mix isn’t a poor omen. Failing to beat a side in the bottom our when playing them at home could well be!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Time to bring in a loan forward for a month?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

We have now had a run of games in which the play has been increasingly unsatisfactory.
    Poor passing, an absence of players fighting to get on the end of long throws are just the tip of what I suspect might be an iceberg.
    It’s all very well saying “But we’re top of the league!” But if we carry on in this vein we could easily end October a good half dozen points behind top.

PhilAndersPhilAnders
    Participant

Yes, the “we are still top of the league” should not be used as a rallying point for inaction, by the players, management team, or the board. A slight move of the tiller now may well correct a major drift off course which will only become evident as the season progresses!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.