Sad times

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Sad times

• Author
    Iron147Tom
    Participant
    Registered On: February 2, 2016
    Topics: 24

Will we ever win away 🤣
    Think that’s no win in 18 away games. No clean sheet in 25 games? Worst thing is we make some very poor side look good away from home.

At home think we can agree we look a better side. Should have beat York. Aldershot. Solihull.. beat dorking.

Unfortunately the club has a losing mentality are some of the players are just completely shot of confidence. When we you players like Butterfield Apter Lavoery beestin ogle boyce Whitehouse we really shouldn’t be in the bottom 4.

I like daws and he’s done a cracking job with the youths. Come into manage a side at a poor time. But I really think with this team we just need to keep in simply and go 4-4-2. Doesn’t help himself starting with negative tactics at starts of games. Because when we go for it we look a half decent side

While Swann is here and doesn’t look like going anytime soon it we could keep falling and falling. Need some more signings to help but just doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. If he’s still here come may I’m sure we will be in administration or potential worst 😞

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Agree with everything up to the last paragraph, until we have a new owner we need Swann, very similar position thousands of us are in with the BSC 2 pension scheme tata, steel are the sponsors of it, the same tata steel that called time on the old scheme nobody wants them but without them we would enter the government pension protection scheme immediately taking a 10% reduction, believe you me there’s no clamour for tata to go. Said all along don’t give a damn who the owner is but we do need one if it’s Swann so be it.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Tom—–regarding your statement that we need more players, Christ the club have got nearly 30 players already pal, how many more do you think are required?? the club cannot get rid of any of them due to contracts, the truth is that a combination of not being good enough, not putting any effort into their performances, and total shortage of management knowledge. When they are playing for the likes of Daws and Mussa with their 4-5-1-1 stupid formation, the team has no idea on what it is suposed to be doing, there is no link up what so ever between defence and the none existant attack, this set of clowns cannot even manage a shot on target in 95 mins, how the hell are wins going to result, as for more players Tom, you are only allowed 11 on at any given time, so why the hell do we need more than a squad of 30 ????.

It is presently going to Swanns plan, he is probably waiting for fans support to drop below 2,000 before he announces that he is not going to put any more money into the club because supporters are not turning out and he is not going to keep this going, just wait a see!!!!, as long as the team keep losing, the time is getting closer to his owning the whole land and stadium package, why do you think Cox was kept on for a year too long????.

CMC CMC
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

He’s said he’s not putting any more money into the club BS, what don’t you get about it.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Sad times looking at this vid .. Donny , Hull city on the list of abandoned hrounds .. hoping Glandford park doesnt join it

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Some good memories there. I’ve visited all of those league stadiums, and also Penrith, in the F A Cup, where I had a copper stood with me for nearly all the match. He told me he recognized me as a Carlisle United hooligan, police intelligence eh?! 🤭

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Quality oxymoron there TW.

How do you feel now looking back at Boothferry Park? Do you miss it? I always found it a bit of a hole, in that crappy supermarket end, but then I find the KC very sterile and bland. Not sure if I’d want to watch football there every week.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

That’s very amusing TW 😄

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant

Quality oxymoron there TW.

How do you feel now looking back at Boothferry Park? Do you miss it? I always found it a bit of a hole, in that crappy supermarket end, but then I find the KC very sterile and bland. Not sure if I’d want to watch football there every week.

Like many grounds it was well past its best, and a reminder of what could have been. At one time it was on the shortlist for the 1966 World Cup, had its own large covered gym, four covered stands three with seats in them, train halt and state of the art floodlights. All in all though the best thing that happened was the new ground, which is now also showing its age and is in need of overdue maintenance. Perhaps the new owner will stump up, after all this week he bought a 20 million quid yacht, cost of living crisis eh?! I actually prefer the MKM and am still with the same old gits like myself from Boothferry Park!
    Trivia question, what was the only top flight league match to be played at Boothferry Park?

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I can imagine Boothferry Park in its heyday was quite the sight. Am I right that by the end, the stand down one side of the pitch had been condemned?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant

I can imagine Boothferry Park in its heyday was quite the sight. Am I right that by the end, the stand down one side of the pitch had been condemned?

It was closed for a while but then got a safety certificate, but just for a few hundred.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

(Scum)leeds v spurs

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Interesting pictures but probably more to the point is all but one of the clubs are still in business.

Wimbledon had to reform of course but only Stand Athletic has disappeared permanently. They are the only club I had never heard of and operated at a fairly low level.

Many of the clubs have shiny new stadiums to play in so their supporters are probably nostalgic but not too disappointed.

Darlington are an exception in that they got the shiny new stadium but have ended up sharing a rugby ground.

Hope we still have a club and somewhere to play when our ownership saga reaches its inevitable conclusion.

tashee69tashee69
    Participant
    Registered On: June 8, 2022
    Topics: 0

When they are playing for the likes of Daws and Mussa with their 4-5-1-1 stupid formation, the team has no idea on what it is suposed to be doing,

That’s 11 outfield players 😟

tashee69tashee69
    Participant
    Registered On: June 8, 2022
    Topics: 0

When they are playing for the likes of Daws and Mussa with their 4-5-1-1 stupid formation, the team has no idea on what it is suposed to be doing,

No goalkeeper ?! That’s 11 outfield players 😟

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Bloody hell BS has trouble spelling, so as far as counting goes you have no chance.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I think he’s got the formation at 89 minutes with the score at 0-1. Dewhurst in front of Nuttall looking for an equaliser.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

4-4-2 league.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.