Remuneration & Debt

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Remuneration & Debt

• Author
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Pay the lads & lasses what’s owed to them.
    Office staff wages
    Playing staff wages
    Ex players wages
    NI contributions
    PAYE (tax office)
    Pension payments
    Redundancy payments
    Suppliers & creditors
    Etc

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

You’re preaching to the converted

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Rene likes his lists.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Give them chance Rene !. Michelle only acquired the club on Wednesday.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

And thank God. Plus ‘Michelle’ definitely sounds better than ‘Dave’. Though I’ll miss saying ‘Dodgy Dave’. Someone could write a book on him, and probably is doing.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Sorry, not the insider… The Athletic.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Give them chance Rene !. Michelle only acquired the club on Wednesday.

She’ll do a cracking job for us!
    So, so pleased to see the back of WHAM!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Only interested in the property?,A funny way of going about it WG, trying to get the fans to buy it through the 1899 scheme (which the fans still need to do) and then what?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You’re asking the wrong person

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Only interested in the property?,A funny way of going about it WG, trying to get the fans to buy it through the 1899 scheme (which the fans still need to do) and then what?

Aye but where did the money go? Plus it was just the ground what about the land around it?, never did sound right.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Hilton couldn’t have made it any clearer he didn’t want the ground, Who is “He” when all said and done to,saying Hilton wanted the property does anyone honestly believe that. The money probably went with the season ticket money to cushion the blow from the money that was spent in January till last month,or maybe the club was cash rich when he turned up and we never had a big tax bill and other debts that Swann had supposedly left,and maybe the tooth fairy’s and Santa are true, sorry we had to inform our 10yr old iron youth last month they weren’t a sad moment in ones life.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Hilton couldn’t have made it any clearer he didn’t want the ground,’

Incredible that you’re still taking his word as gospel.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘The money probably went with the season ticket money to cushion the blow from the money that was spent in January till last month’

Probably?? More Probable that’s mere speculation!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Not his words Deerey his deeds, was you sleeping through the whole of the 1899 scheme? Out of everyone I’ve never took words as gospel from any chairman or owner where as many on here probably including you took every word as a promise.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Absolute and total nonsense.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Absolute and total nonsense.

It’s what he does best DM.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Hilton couldn’t have made it any clearer he didn’t want the ground,’ If that’s not taking Hilton’s words as gospel, I don’t know what is. I ‘took his every word as a promise’. Parallel universe??

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And the elephant in the room Deerey, the 1899 scheme. How many of you said if he wanted the ground then he’d give Swanny the money, but many said he had no money so how could he buy the ground, round and round in circles no one had an answer really me included.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Or he didn’t have the money so set up the 1899 in a clumsy ill thought attempt to get it? which most if not all who thought he didn’t have the cash thought. Which most think

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And that all being correct, in what sense was getting the ground achievable guess we’ll have to wait to see what proof “He” (the athletic) as to say.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

All is well – provided MH doesn’t promise us a new ground.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Happy with the old ground.

Perhaps if we had directors with contacts in the structural steel and fabrication businesses then in time we might be able to improve the tin can without breaking the bank.

2 or 3 stands with pillarless roofs would make a massive difference.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Happy with the old ground.

Perhaps if we had directors with contacts in the structural steel and fabrication businesses then in time we might be able to improve the tin can without breaking the bank.

2 or 3 stands with pillarless roofs would make a massive difference.

Let’s not get carried away.
    GP is a Wembley at our current level.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I would like a new ground and funnily enough where Hilton in Dreamland had it, someone buy the steel and a workshop and I’ll provide the welders and platers free of charge. Best in the business built Chelsea’s South stand, Humber bridge and many many more.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

The turning point was the banning of the 3 supporters, although I’m reasonably confident that this was orchestrated between Hilton and Herbert to hasten his exit.

Football supporters are almost cult like in their devotion to players/managers and perhaps more worryingly, owners. Despite not one traceable of source of income, unpaid wages, an open Ponzi scheme, Wham still had a majority of support across
    The fanbase.

Astonishingly, he still had a ‘thank you Dave’ thread on Facebook active last week. People will choose what they want to believe, casting aside logic and objectivity.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I think the leaked text message allegedly from Hilton following the banning was the turning point personally. It was Hilton’s Morongate. Start referring to fans like he allegedly did and they’ll turn on you faster than you can say boo to a goose. I also suspect that through the choppy waters ahead and financial mess to manage, there may be many who claim Hilton being pushed was a mistake. Hope I’m wrong because Michelle and the Board need all the support they can get.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I’m very interested in public perception and what is required to change opinions en masse. How much truth does it require, and how little doubt does it take to undermine it?

There’s probably a state of disbelief, for some – that this kind of thing just doesn’t happen in ‘little old Scunthorpe’ or to Scunthorpe United – and therefore cannot be true. In other words, for some people it’s too outlandish to believe.

There will also be plenty of people who simply don’t understand the finances. This is where a timeline and a clear and thorough explanation of what happened would help. Hopefully that is what is coming soon.

It doesn’t help that when the new owner took over, the club issued a statement which gave him a face-saving ‘out’. It was obviously politics to do this, but once again some people simply won’t understand.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

A proper reply to the question of when the turning point occurred would probably get someone a masters in psychology.
    I think people wanted someone to take over from Swann, and Hilton turned up saying all the right things, everything they wanted to hear. Then the steady stream of bad information starts, people dig into their positions, and basically people don’t like to admit they were wrong. Scammers rely on that, many victims of scams won’t ever say anything because they don’t want to admit they were duped. I won’t pretend to know what Hilton’s plan was last week, I can’t decide whether he wanted the bans and the leaked text comment to force the issue and accelerate him leaving or if wanted to isolate the 2 Matt’s and Greeny and it totally backfired. But I think a lot of fans had known for a long time they were backing the wrong horse and needed something bad enough to happen from Hilton for them to say they couldn’t accept it and jump off that horse. Even then I think a lot of people didn’t care enough until the club statement that Brackley was the last game at GP, the confusion with Gainsborough and the actual reality that Hilton was pulling the plug and, if he ever had any money at all, he wasn’t going to spend another penny on their club.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I’m very interested in public perception and what is required to change opinions en masse. How much truth does it require, and how little doubt does it take to undermine it?

There’s probably a state of disbelief, for some – that this kind of thing just doesn’t happen in ‘little old Scunthorpe’ or to Scunthorpe United – and therefore cannot be true. In other words, for some people it’s too outlandish to believe.

There will also be plenty of people who simply don’t understand the finances. This is where a timeline and a clear and thorough explanation of what happened would help. Hopefully that is what is coming soon.

It doesn’t help that when the new owner took over, the club issued a statement which gave him a face-saving ‘out’. It was obviously politics to do this, but once again some people simply won’t understand.

Pretty much how i see it .. DH agreed to forgo a fee for the club and any monies he is alleged to have paid ( pockets already bulging ) for the new group to chuck in a nice tatty bye covering his arse in the statement…

Wonder what will become of the Glebe rd site ??

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Wonder what will become of the Glebe rd site ??

The site that Scunthorpe United did not buy, you mean?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.