Relegation?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Relegation?

• Author
    MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant
    Registered On: October 25, 2021
    Topics: 1

Hello Scunny fans,

Grimsby fan here, I come in peace!

Just curious as to whether you lot think you have any chance of staying up? While I would be happy to see you go down, as we would have a local derby next season (We’re currently not good enough to go up) and because I remember the way we were goaded by some of your fans when we went down (again!), I do fear that your football club may be under threat if you were to come down, which is something that I could never be happy about. Are there any theories on what Swann might do if you go down? Anyone in the know?

Back on the football side of things, I see you well and truly capitulated today, which seems to be your downfall this season, you don’t seem to get going in the second half.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

We were down after the Oldham game. The manager isn’t all he thinks he is but the Chairman would see the club fold and not really care / he really shouldn’t be anywhere near a football club. We have a worst version of Fenty – that’s how bad he is. Always liked to beat Grimsby but would never wish the club ill because these are community clubs which are being ruined by these waste of space chairman

MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant

I agree that Swann is a worse version than Fenty, at least Fenty wouldn’t leave us in a position where we don’t have a ground and the club is in a terrible position. That’s not to say I didn’t strongly dislike him though! At least Swann doesn’t roam this forum under an alias like Fenty does the Fishy hahaha!

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I believe that Swann can’t sell the club because he will get nowhere near what he’s put in, back. No potential investor will consider us without the training ground/Ground thrown in as part of the deal. So we are pretty much stuck in a stalemate.

I expect us To be run at cost next year with no more losses covered by the board.
    Simon Elliot (non executive director) looks to be becoming the face of the board, I would expect Swann to take a backseat next year which will be a blessing for all of us.

The budget for next year will probably (in my opinion) based on us averaging between 2-2500 fans which gives us a mid table budget for the national league.

However, because our recruitment is so catastrophically bad- which the chairman’s son is lead scout on- we will really struggle to assemble as side which can make any serious dent in the league. If we avoid a relegation battle next year then that will be a success.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant

I think depending on who goes up out of the NL this year you will be surprised that a budget based on a shade over 2000 fans is probably towards the mid/lower end of the table, there’s some serious money being thrown about in this league currently.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018

I can see major changes come the end of the season. I cannot see Keith Hill being here next season regardless of what he and Swann say. Practically all,if not all of the squad will be released whether they have contracts remaining or not.
    A very tough future is coming.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BeefykeefyBeefykeefy
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2021
    Topics: 2

While I agree with you mariner oly, it will depend on who is in the manager’s chair. I don’t think Hill will still be here, listening to his interviews, I think he’s cracking up. We’ll probably have another lame duck. Let’s face it Swann will pocket the parachute payments

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I think most posters on here are aware that we’re probably going to struggle in the NL on a budget based on approx 2,000 average Olly. The future is anything but bright and there are concerns we might drop another division next season.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

This must be the only club fans site that lets a ‘Cod’ the arch enemy on, then lets it post its crap and responds in all honesty believing that said ‘Cod’ wont be reposting this on a ‘fishy forum’ and enjoying our abject misery and resignation of what is to come.

The only consolation is we wont be suffering the monitone brothers of Tonder and Hurst when we sink faster than government policy on EU fishing grounds rights.

No ‘cod’ I do not find the latter funny either!!!!!!!

MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant

Hahah, you’re misinformed I’m afraid, yes I will take delight in seeing you relegated, however, I would never want your club to fold, and as for the chairman, I can’t say I’m a big fan of him either. Also, you’re wrong, we’ve had plenty of Iron and Imps fans gloating at the expense of our misery on the Fishy over the years.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I doubt most posters on here give a toss if it was a ruse or not. We’ve had number Cods on here for quite a while in the past and it’s always interesting to hear your views.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Hahah, you’re misinformed I’m afraid, yes I will take delight in seeing you relegated, however, I would never want your club to fold, and as for the chairman, I can’t say I’m a big fan of him either. Also, you’re wrong, we’ve had plenty of Iron and Imps fans gloating at the expense of our misery on the Fishy over the years.

that always happens regarding gloating, but it’s a minority, but us and Lincoln have had it in the past and over the last 30 years we have all had our turn at being the top dog and being the worst, regarding last season both you and Sarfend put up more of a fight to stay up than we have this season, and last season if it had gone a extra few games we would have finished bottom, the major difference is Grimsby have given it a real go this season, we won’t next season, and it doesn’t matter which league you are in you enjoy the football more when you win games rather than win 4 in 36 plus at the end of last season we weren’t winning either.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

And some of the cods have even attended sands siro more than Alcy and BS this season.

MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant

I agree, everything comes round full circle, I’m sure at some point in the future (God knows when) we will be back on top in terms of the Lincolnshire clubs, like I say, it comes round full circle. I’m sure in the future you will have good times again. When we got relegated last season, it makes you wonder why you do it to ourselves, but then you realise why when you have a good unbeaten run like we did at the start of this season.

BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Shouldn’t that be MarinerOily(fish)?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Oily fish is meant to be good for you and I’m sure most of the codheads are in good health as a result of oily fish. It’s the webbed fingers and toes they struggle with when doing up their shirt buttons or getting shoes to fit them. 😂🐟

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

No need to be offensive.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

No need to be offensive.

Simple joshing les, no offence intended.

MarinerOllyMarinerOlly
    Participant

Oily fish is meant to be good for you and I’m sure most of the codheads are in good health as a result of oily fish. It’s the webbed fingers and toes they struggle with when doing up their shirt buttons or getting shoes to fit them. 😂🐟

Suppose it could be worse, they don’t sell gloves or shoes to fit people with six fingers and six toes outside of Scunthorpe do they? ;)

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

…and no offence taken olly.😂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.