Record atempt

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Record atempt

• Author
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The Management must grasp this chance to get back on the promotion track. A win with entertainment will motivate some previous stayaways to rekindle their enthusiasm which will boost revenue and give the board a bit more breathing space.

Players have to turn up 2moro.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wotnowbrncowwotnowbrncow
    Participant
    Registered On: February 1, 2019
    Topics: 1

The Management must grasp this chance to get back on the promotion track. A win with entertainment will motivate some previous stayaways to rekindle their enthusiasm which will boost revenue and give the board a bit more breathing space.

Players have to turn up 2moro.

I mean if the players aren’t up for it with 6000+ crowd including a large and presumably vocal away support then you have to question what they’re doing in the game at all. No disrespect but at their current level (and anything marginally higher in the future), this is about as big as it gets.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

6,500 – 6 hours ago.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

This is the test for Dean as well as the players. There should be no further motivation needed. Most of these players won’t get an opp like this again. If they can’t get up for this then football isn’t for them.

One of the directors needs to get into Dean and tell them one up top and then replace one up top with one up top won’t bring them back. The chance to get these people back is through entertaining football. An extra thousand on the gate week on week will make a huge difference. The locals have put faith in the club it’s time to repay it.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

How many 100s will be moaning at 3pm tomorrow that they are still queuing to get in?
    Kick off delayed till 3-15?

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

One of the directors needs to get into Dean and tell them one up top and then replace one up top with one up top won’t bring them back….

There’s absolutely no way that we want directors interfering with team selections

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

All sounds fantastic and should make for a great atmos… the fans are turning up ..
    WILL THE PLAYERS ?????? as in the past big occasions have been a let down.
    uti

A huge worry for me IFA. I’ve lost count of the number of times an Iron team has frozen at home when there’s a big crowd there that the club need to come again.

Yes .. Cass frozen or dont give a shite we wait n see .. IMO whether win loose or draw if these so called professional footballers cant raise their game n perform with this sort of backing its time to quit .,. regardless the result tomorrow we will find out a lot about the players desire n winning mentality..
    UTI

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

How many 100s will be moaning at 3pm tomorrow that they are still queuing to get in?

Many hundreds for sure ……GO EARLY

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

One of the directors needs to get into Dean and tell them one up top and then replace one up top with one up top won’t bring them back.

Directors telling the manager how to do things is what turned supporters against the Swanns?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Swann telling any manager how to do things should have been a crime though not my understanding of why supporters turned on him.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Many hundreds for sure ……GO EARLY

Well the club pre warned all fans yesterday to go early and if some still stick to their usual pre match routine and ignore that advice then they have only themselves to blame.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Misunderstood – I want the directors to tell Dean how important it is to entertain / and the golden opp we have to get £10-15k a fortnight extra revenue. There aren’t any directors I would trust to pick the side – but I would expect one of them to try and inspire them to entertain.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

One of the directors needs to get into Dean and tell them one up top and then replace one up top with one up top won’t bring them back….

There’s absolutely no way that we want directors interfering with team selections

Some might prefer it to Dean’s selections

fans6464
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Always want the IRON to win but if we lost I expect the team to have fought for everything .

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Bang on Sanfran, I don’t like to lose but most of us can accept it if the effort to win the game is there. As stated elsewhere, no outside motivation should be necessary for a match like this but Jimmy still needs to do his bit. PLEASE – let’s not FIU this time.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Anyone got a clue on what is happening tomorrow have I missed something? Not as though tomorrows game is something special, being going to football for over 50 years now but find it hard to believe fans are turning out in droves especially the way we’ve played since Xmas.
    More than happy to be wrong though on what I’ve said on the subject just hope there’s a performance for all those making the effort tomorrow they certainly deserve it.

fans6464

fans6464

Admit Awaywego you’re gutted

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Sorry 64 i just don’t have that chip on the shoulder like you have, i actually want all at the club to succeed, well ok except Turnbull.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Top 20 NLN Attendances 2023-24:

5277 – IRON v Tamworth
    5063 – IRON v Brackley Town
    4860 – IRON v Scarborough Athletic
    4672 – IRON v Boston United
    4516 – Hereford v Gloucester City
    4468 – IRON v Farsley Celtic
    4195 – IRON v Gloucester City
    3661 – IRON v Buxton
    3610 – IRON v Bishop’s Stortford
    3527 – IRON v Warrington
    3519 – IRON v Curzon Ashton
    3477 – IRON v South Shields
    3419 – IRON v Alfreton Town
    3392 – Scarborough v Blyth Spartans
    3392 – IRON v Darlington
    3380 – IRON v Peterborough Sports
    3285 – IRON v Rushall Olympic
    3281 – IRON v Chorley
    3152 – Hereford v Darlington
    3135 – IRON v Spennymoor Town

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What I missed was the amount of freebies that have been given out, Fred gough given 100 seats 100 standing, take it all secondary got the same no bad thing mind the kids are the clubs future.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Great effort. Congratulations.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Up till the sending off most would have left disappointed, but in the end I’ve left the happiest in ages should have won it in the end definite penalty for Whitehall and so unlucky with the shot that hit the bar.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Over 6400 Scunthorpe fans well done the club for that, 1142 from Chester not sure on that one, loads of space left either side of the center blocks any judge for yourself on that when the photos come out.
    Would you like to come back on the renownd hooligans ‘Cfc fan’ who where all the lads dressed in black giving it rock all after the game funnily they certainly weren’t choir boys.

ScunnytimScunnytim
    Participant
    Registered On: October 12, 2021
    Topics: 5

10 games left and Warrington are our highest placed opposition in 9th place. Still lots of points available and after today, reasons to be optimistic that we can at least secure second.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Also broke the highest attendance league or playoff, well done Scunny.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Incredible effort all round. A proud day for the club.

Second half was old school, they’re the type of halves that get kids hooked on going so hopefully we’ve converted a few.

Bizarre how we played so much better with 10- players looked well up for it and went much more direct rather than messing about with it across the back line and taking too many touches. Has to be the way going forward now as we looked a different side.

SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

All that effort for one point.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.