Real Madrid

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Real Madrid

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Real fans managed to get into the ground ok, why didn’t Liverpool fans? There does seem to be a common theme at these type of games involving Liverpool, not that I’m blaming them god lord no they are always innocent.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    johnboyj charles
    Participant
    Registered On: January 5, 2014
    Topics: 8

Liverpool football fans, allways the victims???

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Until Trent Alexander- Arnold learns to do his job properly as a defender, he will never be classed as a great player IMO.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It was reported that Liverpool fans were using five gates and four were suddenly closed.
    All I know is that I’ve seen similar things done on Barajas Airport queues and the chaos that ensued…

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Hey dare la!

You mean get dare early and miss out on the drinking?

You a ponce or something?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’ll take what a journalist who was there has to say about it all rather than some prejudiced unsubstantiated ‘cringey bantz’, as this article says:

The real story of the UEFA Champions League final carnage Liverpool fans faced in Paris

‘That so many immediately fall into line with the authorities’ lies on the juvenile and outright pathetic basis of tribal football rivalry is why police forces and governments are able to demean, disrespect, and harm football supporters with such regularity in France, the UK, the rest of Europe and beyond.

When incidents like this are brought about by the authorities, positive change could potentially be brought about by different groups of football supporters working together and refusing to let ill-treatment happen to one another. But as long as it’s not them, and as long as there are numbers to be earned in posting cringey bantz tweets, nothing seems particularly likely to change.’

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes Deerey we must be thankful of Liverpool fans again for been at the forefront.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Thanks for the article Deerey. A sad state of affairs. I wonder if there is some residual hostility amongst the police on the continent surrounding UK fans in general and, re Heysel etc, Liverpool fans in particular. Who knows. Whatever was going on … the article demands some kind of enquiry by EUFA and an explanation from the French authorities.
    Some of the derisory comments above are pretty small minded. One thing to have your team preference and loyalty … quite another to rush to judgement without knowing the facts and appear to be gloating at the misfortune of others.

( Side issue. Couldnt agree more IA as regard Alexander-Arnold on the evidence of last night. Havent seen enough of him on a consistent basis to know how his defensive game really matches his attacking side …but last night he was exposed and exploited several times defensively. In the first half he and Salah were repeatedly giving the ball away. Salah is too good not to impress even when he is slightly off and I suppose you could argue that he was trying to be creative. I suspect that if just one of the two were really on their game then that would have been the difference last night.)

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Yes Deerey we must be thankful of Liverpool fans again for been at the forefront.

Another ‘cringey bantz’ post. You can’t help yourself can you? 🤣. A decent well written article and that’s your juvenile response? Shouldn’t expect anything less I guess. You’d help yourself if you gained a better command of the English language too – it’s ‘being’ not ‘been’. I believe night classes are available.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Also if learning under the stars, night glasses are available. 🤓

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Deerey like I say Real fans got to and into the game ok, didn’t they travel on the same trains weren’t they herded like cattle on arrival? Do you honestly believe that with Liverpools history, the French and Uefa would deliberately single them out and for what gain?. Daniel Austin is also a Liverpool supporter hardly independent.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bollocks. Plenty of other journalists there who aren’t Liverpoool fans reporting it similarly. There weren’t as many Real fans and they went in a different way. That’s fact. Were the Real fans herded like cattle? I don’t know and neither do you, but that’s not the issue is it? I didn’t realise you were such a fan of the police and UEFA. So spotless aren’t they. Never a history of lying, of covering their tracks, treating fans like shit.

‘Do you honestly believe that with Liverpools history, the French and Uefa would deliberately single them out’

Where did I say they’ve been singled out? You’re making stuff up now to justify your prejudice. Read the many articles about what happened last night instead of twisting the facts to suit your lazy narrative.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Until Trent Alexander- Arnold learns to do his job properly as a defender, he will never be classed as a great player IMO.

A lot of his passing and crossing was poor last night too. He wasn’t alone mind.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Why do Liverpool carry this stigma? seem to remember lots of fans forcing their way into the Euro final or were they all Liverpool too! Plenty of videos going around of stewards and state de France employees letting people without tickets in the ground, these people then take genuine peoples seats.

Until uefa stop giving a third of tickets to cooperate members who then sell them on at highly inflated prices then this will keep happening, Ticket touts selling tickets to anyone and forgeries are also a massive problem as real fans buy them and then get turned away at the turnstiles.

I want to the euro Germany game and even on the tube there was loads of supporters openly taking cocaine and boasting about the way they were going to force their way into the ground didn’t here many scouse accents that day, not saying all Liverpool fans are only from Liverpool either.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant

As a Liverpool supporter the game was three games to many! They were dead on their feet which meant they and played at Madrid’s pace instead of their normal high paced pressing game.

Also when will people get off Trents case! There isn’t a footballer anywhere that doesn’t make a mistake in any game, if he was Brazilian people would be saying what a player!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If the police decide to start searching some 10,000 to 20,000 supporters of any club, are hugely understaffed, funneling them through a 6ft wide gap and then close 4 out of 5 gates because locals are causing problems (well reported), it’s obvious there’s going to be a massive issue. Most those fans it affected arrived 45-60mins before kick off (you can ascertain that from when the reports of problems were first reported). And yet…some people can’t be bothered with the facts and just use it as an opportunity to blame Liverpool fans. I don’t particularly like them myself after having a few bad encounters, but anyone can see where the problem originated last night.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Also when will people get off Trents case!’

Personally I thought he had a poor game last night but has been outstanding most the season and his defensive side has improved. Generally I thought Liverpool looked spent and leggy last night, which is hardly surprising. With AFCON, Mane and Salah have barely stopped.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Why do Liverpool fans carry this stigma? Maybe because of Heysel, Hillsborough, Istanbul 2005 Athens 2007, but obviously not yesterday (read first post).

Deereyme66Deereyme66

That’s funny, wonder why you can find this on the Wiki Hillsborough page?

‘In addition to the “unlawful killing” verdict, the jury concluded that “errors or omissions” by police commanding officers, Sheffield Wednesday, the ambulance service and the design and certification of the stadium had all “caused or contributed” to the deaths, but that the behaviour of football supporters had not.’

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Not just fake tickets doing the rounds either!

https://www.besoccer.com/new/amp/some-reds-fans-will-miss-out-on-the-final-because-of-a-scam-by-everton-fans-1144407

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Pull the other one Deerey, bit 2 faced there who’s falling into line with the authorities now, as you quoted in your first post.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Wow that chip gets bigger by the day. 😳

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Pull the other one Deerey, bit 2 faced there who’s falling into line with the authorities now, as you quoted in your first post.

A bit 2 faced? What, proven in court after persistently fighting for justice? Where do you get off ffs? You clearly don’t understand what a jury is if you think ‘authorities’ in the context I used it is the same thing as policing and stewarding.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant

Why is this totally hilarious! This is why football fans get frustrated, how would you feel if you payed out your hard earned cash and got ripped off by some dickhead who because they support another football club they think it’s funny.

We all support football but happen to like other teams, football fans get shit on by every organisation FIFA, UEFA, Premier league, Efl with over inflated prices, shit kick off times games changed with out notice and many other ways, so when someone finds it funny to rip others supporters off it’s totally wrong.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I was being sarcastic Bartonirion66 in response to Jobsworth posting ‘brilliant’. It’s not hilarious at all. It stinks. Totally agree with your last post.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Posters everywhere are talking about Liverpool fans and taking the piss, not football fans in general, their fans ruined football in one way or another for so many yet play the innocent all the time, even the media join in claiming the fans climbing the fences can’t be corroborated as Liverpool fans, give over, where’s the condemnation of the ticketless or the ones with forged tickets or is it there just scallies and we must find them funny.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Would you like some fish with that large chip 🤔🐟

Deereyme66Deereyme66

No reasoning with the prejudiced. If an independent enquiry takes place and finds Liverpool fans were totally not to blame, he’d say it was fixed or some such other BS. Anything to reinforce the stereotype and not admit that, regardless of their reputation, maybe this was down to sheer bad event management from the stadium officials and police as opposed to Liverpool fans.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.