Raising Money For SUFC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Raising Money For SUFC

• Author
    GTFCFanGTFCFan
    Participant
    Registered On: October 4, 2023
    Topics: 1

Hello Iron Fans.. I am a Grimsby Town supporter. I amongst other Grimsby Supporters, have donated to the GoFundMe Page.

It is a sad time for your club, and despite our rivalry, its heartbreaking to see.

I have been thinking for a few days, on ways I could help. And I have come up with an idea which I hope you’ll come On board with.

My idea is to organise a charity football match between Scunthorpe United fans against Grimsby Town fans. I would also have Supporters going around with buckets to raise money.

Currently I am unsure off a venue, but if your on board with my idea, I can make this happen.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I think this is a good idea. Have you tried reaching out to Iron Bru and Iron Army on twitter too? That would also spread the word far among the fanbase.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Hello Iron Fans.. I am a Grimsby Town supporter. I amongst other Grimsby Supporters, have donated to the GoFundMe Page.

It is a sad time for your club, and despite our rivalry, its heartbreaking to see.

I have been thinking for a few days, on ways I could help. And I have come up with an idea which I hope you’ll come On board with.

My idea is to organise a charity football match between Scunthorpe United fans against Grimsby Town fans. I would also have Supporters going around with buckets to raise money.

Currently I am unsure off a venue, but if your on board with my idea, I can make this happen.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Great idea, and thank you for your support!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    GTFCFanGTFCFan
    Participant

I have sent Iron bru a twitter DM with this post. It’s a brilliant idea and 2 clubs coming together. Let’s make this happen.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Good idea but preferably not a football game Between the 2 sides, it would be to strange being friendly to each other not good in the long run.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

So that’s Awaywego opting for a running fist fight along Cleethorpes seafront, just like back in the good old days!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Good idea GTFCfan .. need a strong ref ( I nominate Awaywego) and make sure he has a couple of pens for taking names.. NO knuckle dusters or VAR needed.

VanadramaVanadrama
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022
    Topics: 0

Good idea GTFCfan .. need a strong ref ( I nominate Awaywego) and make sure he has a couple of pens for taking names.. NO knuckle dusters or VAR needed.

I suggest something a little more within AWG’s abilities, like watching the corner flags don’t get stolen.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Securing a burger sponsor

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Or a sponsored turning cars over on Cleethorpes front, went down well years ago NI, clever bastards taunting Scunny fans thought they were safe, suppose they were really just not the car.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

Or a sponsored turning cars over on Cleethorpes front, went down well years ago NI, clever bastards taunting Scunny fans thought they were safe, suppose they were really just not the car.

Your immaturity & lack of social awareness shows no limits……

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Your immaturity & lack of social awareness shows no limits……

Don’t forget his genuine lack of brain power.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You hurt me so much, Ps it was NI who promoted the good old days not me, I just walked through the open door.

GTFCFanGTFCFan
    Participant

This has nothing to do with the rivalry, I want to do something good to help your club!!

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Sorry Gtfcfan just a bit of fun from me. Ps dad was a cod but unlike me he didn’t force his club on me, we did do the decent thing though and scattered some of his ashes on the ashes round your ground, hope you never move proper ground yours.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.