Radio Humberside

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Radio Humberside

• Author
    SouthYorksIronSouthYorksIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 2

(reply to lesgeo)

Internet commentary available on BBC Humberside website isn’t usually as far behind ‘live’ as the stream. Start listening, freeze/pause when they mention kick off, then press play when the stream shows the kick off.

Worked flawlessly for me on Monday, but I have to admit I didn’t think of it until half time!

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

If Mr Cox on not worth it anyway.

At the last home game going about bringing on a sub – how inspiring were his subs ! He then mentioned giving ‘Pughey’ some game time to get him match fit ! Pity he never bothered when he was manager !

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Radio Humberside should be renamed Radio Hull.

Participant

Once again I failed to get coverage of the Scunny ,atch and gave up after ten minutes, the two main RH Stations had Hull City on one of them (which was ok because of playing away), but the other one had that shite Rugby on covering Hull v Leeds (playing at home), who in their right mind wants to listen to that shite, Rugby aLeague games should be played on a Sunday when people are having an afternoon nap.
    So both stations were once again covering Hull matches, and when half time came in the Rugby game I switchewd it on to get the half time summery of the Scunny and all it covered was the bloody Hull Sity manager talking about signings and player contracts, a few adverts and a talk of the first half of the bloody rugby match. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME THAT RH IS, all that was missing was Copey Smiles playing some rap records,to wind my afternoon up!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Today’s live non league commentaries:
    (SUFC were on uninterrupted yesterday)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/66563691

Or type in something like BBC Sport Live Guide.
    Which then throws up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide

Non League commentaries are on there in their own ‘section’.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Thanks, SYI.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Once again I failed to get coverage of the Scunny ,atch and gave up after ten minutes, the two main RH Stations had Hull City on one of them (which was ok because of playing away), but the other one had that shite Rugby on covering Hull v Leeds (playing at home), who in their right mind wants to listen to that shite, Rugby aLeague games should be played on a Sunday when people are having an afternoon nap.
    So both stations were once again covering Hull matches, and when half time came in the Rugby game I switchewd it on to get the half time summery of the Scunny and all it covered was the bloody Hull Sity manager talking about signings and player contracts, a few adverts and a talk of the first half of the bloody rugby match. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME THAT RH IS, all that was missing was Copey Smiles playing some rap records,to wind my afternoon up!!!!!

I was having the same issues until typed in BBC radio non league live commentaries and it went direct to the page to choose your game .. this page appears about 1 or 2 hours before the scheduled kick offs ..prior i was being directed to the BBC sport website , clicked on football from there i could never get to the non league commentaries.
    Yesterday commentary was at best ok .. Cox isnt good and his constant use of the words brave and quality are enough to make your ears bleed ..let alone offering all his great knowledge and advice now when he didnt have a clue when he was gaffa.

HR is pants but i will continue to suffer due to my love for SUFC .

Traveling fans were great again yesterday

UTI

Ben2206Ben
    Participant
    Topics: 5

One of the positives about being in the non leagues is the commentary being available via the BBC Sport website. Apart from the technical issues (other clubs not having ISDN facilities at this level for example) the match commentary should be available for all our league games this season.

I don’t know what commentary will be available for the FA Cup and the FA Trophy games due to different broadcasting rights being agreed.

Participant

[
    Yesterday commentary was at best ok .. Cox isnt good and his constant use of the words brave and quality are enough to make your ears bleed ..let alone offering all his great knowledge and advice now when he didnt have a clue when he was gaffa.

UTI

[/quote]
    Thanks Ironfromafar, I will try this soon, by the way pal, you forgot about Coxes constant use of his
    “REALLY REALLY”M I once counted them in one match, he had 63 “really realy” and 21 really,s, as you say it really really gets you down.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

[

UTI

Thanks Ironfromafar, I will try this soon, by the way pal, you forgot about Coxes constant use of his
    “REALLY REALLY”M I once counted them in one match, he had 63 “really realy” and 21 really,s, as you say it really really gets you down.

[/quote]

Really ???

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

I seem to remember Cox urging one of our players to make a foul and take s yellow card ‘for the team!’ Even though we were a player short. Dangerous at the best of times, some judge of modern football he is…

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Cox talks as if he used to be a tactical genius during his stint as a manager. I wonder if he’s forgotten what we all saw during his tenure ?

One of the most clueless managers we’ve ever had.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Marvelous a Cox free zone , heres the link for BBC RH match commentary for today.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/66628020

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Available to stream IFA, international break.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

It’s on all frequencies today

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Any live HR commentary for todays game ?? im searching but not seeing owt…if anyone finds it please post the link

Thx in advance

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Arr found it https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/66719131

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Cheers IFA, I’m in

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Lol, kid who sounds about 8, shouting about the ref: ‘its an absolute joke!’

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/

It’s always this url above but the number at the end changes week on week. What I’d like to know is how we can learn what number is needed for any given match?
    I always end up faffing about until I eventually stumble across it by accident usually 5 minutes+ after ko.
    Not exactly user-friendly, is it?
    Unless you know better?

Dubai fanDubai fan
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2022
    Topics: 0

Download the EFL app and chose Scunthorpe. Under the My club tab you will find all the commentaries

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Many thanks!

Participant

It was the usual RH shite again today, rightly so Grimsby playing away, that was good,mbut on the other RH main cannel it was the fecking Hull Rugby League team playing another waste of time club in a match that had no hope of qualifying for anything, whilst Scunny were playing an FA Cup game against another top team, who the feck wants to listen to that rugby shite????.
    I tried to get the 721 thing, but found that I failed again, why don’t RH put that rugby shite on that channel????????????

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

The commentary was again OK ..just ok , prefer Russ Wilcox the Cox but not overly keen on the fella actually commentating sounded like a newbie coming out with all sorts of twaddle now n then.

Finding the commentaries can be an issue especially when being fourth in the pecking order behind the Cods , Hull fc and the Hull rugby which only has 1 game remaining in the season THANKFULLY.

Wont bother with the replay as the FA cup doesnt really light my candle with the clubs current status and the KO times for night games are awful.

UTI

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

I looked up Carson the Commentator.
    Has plenty of very broad experience and a genuinely nice pitch to his commentary. Clear voice and intelligent.
    He knew little about the Iron but that can be overcome.
    What I thought was not so good were the times, after he’d been rabbiting on, when he suddenly realised that the pace of play had left him behind. His catchup stuff was most disjointed on a number of occasions.
    There was one point when he was talking about one penalty area and in around a second he was talking about action in the other one. And the in between bit??? I get confused enough without that.
    On a positive note, if he keeps on task could be the best we’ve had in years. He is well into middle age – and seemed really excited that he was working with Russ.
    Er. Okay.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Radio Dumberside?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Sadly due to the hierarchy at the BBC they have decimated local radio. What has been happening has been going on for years so don’t blame the presenters as they have a format to follow. If they don’t contracts do not get renewed.
    Radio Dumberside?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Can’t spot our replay on Vanarama TV.
    ?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I could hear the commentary much better than when Ollie mumbles through it.
    But somebody please tell the guy we don’t play in maroon it’s CLARET!!!!
    Agree Russ is streets ahead of Cox. (“For me” instead of “really really”)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Can’t spot our replay on Vanarama TV.
    ?

Don’t think it will be on Les given its FA Cup. I’d be surprised if Hullberside even cover it.

Might be reduced to recreating Ceefax days on Twitter. Will be my first missed game of the season – can’t raise the enthusiasm for 5 hours in the car for a second qualifying round replay.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.