Protest

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Protest

• Author
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Good to see little things like this being organised now. The club has been ran into the ground with barely a whimper.

Got my banner ordered and ready. Can seeing it lasting 2 minutes once the stewards start firing a taser at me.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Couldn’t be highlighted any more UTI99? I think it could.

It pays to advertise.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 11

So you think Scunny fans walking from the Honest Lawyer will trigger something in someone that makes them think I know I’ll buy SUFC?

Wishful thinking.

Grange Lane IronGrange Lane Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 3

What do you suggest then uptheiron99? Do we do nothing and allow this to carry on? When does it become acceptable to start voicing our concerns and demand change? When we drop to The National League North? Even lower than that? Not for me, the time for action from the fans is now.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Thou doth protest too much UTI99.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Thou doth protest too much UTI99.

He doesn’t have to protest at all, others are free to do so, whether he like it or not.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The fact Swann has stepped down as chairman and stated publicly this is so he can focus on finding a new owner should tell you he knows his time is up.

As I’ve said before this could take weeks, months or years.

WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

Quite right UTI99. If Peter says he is going to do something, we can all trust that will happen.
    Can’t think of any bold promises he hasn’t delivered on!

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Another good post Bartonscorpion, following on from Ironfromafar. You’ve really summed up the feelings of the majority of supporters. We have been fed lie after lie after lie. This in my opinion is another smokescreen bringing in Lee Turnbull. I wonder who is paying his wage as well and how much. I’m sure he’s not left Peterborough for peanuts. I say regarding the peaceful demonstration BRING IT ON!!!!!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

An indisputable fact is that the financial and footballing fortunes of the Iron for the last four years are a net result of the decisions of the ex chairman. To be fair to Peter Swann he has never said anything to contradict that.

If you are happy with our financial and footballing performance in that time then you have nothing to protest about. So that category seems to be UTI99 and the odd random Cod that occasionally comes on here.

The rest of us should probably support any or all protests.

Will it change anything – very unlikely. It may convince a prospective new owner that there is something worth saving here.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

IA, I’ve got better things to do than pretend walking from the Honest Lawyer to the ground will have any effect on Swanns ability to find a buyer.

Football clubs get bought/sold when individuals/consortiums prove they have the finances to do so.

Oh go on walk down and introduce yourself, bet the public are dying to meet you and your owner biased opinions.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Will it change anything – very unlikely. It may convince a prospective new owner that there is something worth saving here.

This^^^^

Spot on MK.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

IA, I couldn’t care less who the owner is, but I’m realistic enough to know that there probably isn’t a great number of people with the MONEY available to buy SUFC and even when they do not a great deal will change like some of you imagine.

I’m not going to sulk about getting relegated to the National League, life goes on as proven by half a dozen clubs averaging attendances over 5500. If you think you’re helping with your little walk down from the Honest Lawyer go ahead, but you’re not.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

You never know if things will change with a new owner UTI99.

We could be lucky and get someone who runs it as a hobby.

Before you know it we could even own our own ground and have a season or three in the Championship.

Knowing our luck though we will end up with an astute businessman.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Are they hoping to bump into someone with several million pound on the way down who can afford to buy the club?

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Are they hoping to bump into someone with several million pound on the way down who can afford to buy the club?

No Uptheiron69, they will not be looking for people that are interested in buying the football club, but many of them will have an eye out looking if they can see you giving the ex chairman his daily blow job!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Ffs resorting to insults because you can’t counter the argument that finding a buyer for a football club isn’t as simple as you lot on here make out. Grow up and stop wallowing in self pity.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

If any protest occurs the 72 minute mass walk out against Mansfield town is IMO the best option ..

IMO ..We could be in for a real pasting againsnt Mansfield.

Not that it would really change anything just sending a message which in reality will fall on deaf ears as Swann doesnt give a toss.

Our club is fooked until he leaves totally and we have new owners .. recent events re him “stepping down” mean nothing its like hes just washing his hands of the responsibility whilst still owning and controlling things until the time is right to allow the club to fold ..its a distancing tactic for sure.

What are any new prospective buyers gonna think when its … yes its ONLY XXXXX million pounds for this great little sustainable club with great potential …OH BTW the real estate and ground are not included.

well done to the guys winning the Lincs cup. aand at the same time scoring 2 goals in a a game for what seems like months… Oldham away i think ??

Thanks to Gareth Ironarmy for the YT vids.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

I’ve got better things to do than pretend walking from the Honest Lawyer to the ground will have any effect on Swanns ability to find a buyer.

Better things to do???? What better things??? Scouting at Mickelover Sports for a new winger we can loan out to Dundee?

WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

We are being informed on here that a sale could take a long time and there are not many people with sufficient funds. Is that because of the high asking price?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Why would a new owner be bothered whether it comes with the ground and real estate or not. If it comes with the ground you would expect to pay more for it,maybe not the £11 million debt it was written off for but certainly a few million. And for what if you can’t sell it?.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Surely the rental amount due for a ground you don’t own would be of paramount importance to any prospective new owner.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And don’t you think they will negotiate that, all depends on what both parties want of course, peppercorn rent but coolsilk keep the hospitality revenue. Or a fair rent and the new owner keeps to fund the team, sure there will be plenty more to negotiate but who knows.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant

At least the possibility of a couple of protests gives us something to look forward to on a match day for a change.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What protests?

Participant

One day to go and then PROTEST!!!!!!!

Participant

One day to go and then the PEACEFUL PROTEST!!!!!!!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

UTI99: “I’m sorry Dad, I really am. I tried to undermine any protests but I’ve let you down! Can I still have my pocket money you moron?”

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

“Only if you spend it on club merchandising, food and drinks”.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

😴

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.