Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Have I mentioned before that I was shop steward NI.😁

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

A good post ironfromafar. Says it as it is. We totally agree a 72 minute walk out against Mansfield with the majority of fans on board is what’s needed now.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Helped to broker KDT’s contract too then eh! 😎

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘Have I mentioned before that I was shop steward?

Hope you got better results than your ‘all out!!!’ plea at Harrogate.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

A good post ironfromafar. Says it as it is. We totally agree a 72 minute walk out against Mansfield with the majority of fans on board is what’s needed now.

[Awaits withering put down from UTI99]

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Im used to the Idea of NL football next season im over relegation we deserve it , Hill remains a massive let down but i am more concerned about the actual ownership / boardroom events currently on going and the actual survival of the club than SUFC could easily go out of business totally if things dont change and anew owner is found.
    UTI

How can we go out of business totally when the ex-Chairman has told us that the club is sustainable? Ah, yes OK I see the problem.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

If we go out of business and SUFC ceases to exist does that nullify the 99 year guarantee that a football ground will remain on the current site for that length of time? If so would that enable Swann to redevelop the site for housing, is this right of wrong? Any explanations out there please?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

UTI99 Year Guarantee might be able to explain?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes they were always behind me Deerey it came down to action, trust and resolve on both sides, which you need, unlike Scunny fans like you say who wouldn’t even walk out at 5-0 down at half time, dare say quite a few clapped the players off as well, have I mentioned that imo Scunny fans are the worse, Lets see how Saturdays protest goes I won’t hold my breath for a success either. Damp Squibb comes to mind.

apbeapb
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

Everyone will need to synchronise watches.

Timed protests are difficult now because of the absence of a working scoreboard!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Maybe your exceptional negotiation and diplomacy skills are on the wane awaywego? No, you’ve never mentioned Scunny fans being the worst. 😆

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

To your question Ironawe, if the ground is deemed an “asset of community value” it would make it harder, I believe the trust is trying to do that, anybody got an update? The council could also let it be known that planning permission would be refused for any other use which could put potential suitors off.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Never done diplomacy Deerey, I thought you would have twigged that by now. Negotiate yes but never was diplomatic, it seemed to work for me.

apbeapb
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 0

Both the ground and car park are registered as AcV’s. It will make a sale for alternative use more time consuming but not a sale for continued use as that would be exempt.

There’s also a covenant running on the ground and car park prohibiting any use other than football and ancillary activities – meaning that before a spade goes into the ground (if indeed it ever does) PS will need a release of that covenant from the beneficiary.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

C’mon awaywego now is the time to use your shop steward experience and techniques on Saturday versus Mansfield for the demo.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Often, Fred Kite lives. 🙂

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Come on Awaywego – remember the sixties sitcom The Rag Trade and the catchphrase “Everybody out”.

I think the shop steward in that was a bit of a girl as well.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Ha ha, he tried that and failed at Harrogate but apparently it’s the fans fault! Now, where have I heard that before?

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

You have summed things up absolutely 100% correctly ironfromafar, I have been saying since last season that in my opinion, and the way things have ended up, the whole object of the way that the club has been run, pointed to the fact that top management have done their best to make sure that the club is relegated, and more important drive the club out of business. Why else should the club have run at a £13 million loss, and on top of that to borrow either £1 or £2 million from the FL, which also carries all its restraints, and what other reason was there to keep Cox as manager for 12 months too long, after he had already proved to be a complete clueless failure??

We have listened to eight years of bullshit, and I am sorry but to admit that I myself gave him five years of 100% backing, but nothing he has spouted has come to being, not one single thing, and this bullshit of “I will leave the club in better state than when I took over”, and that “I will return the clubs ground, land and assets back to the club” is even more rubbish. Like many other supporters, I said last season, that I would never attend GP while this guy is still the owner, why the hell should I when he doesn’t even attend himself.

Yes relegated out of the Football League is a lot bettetr than League football, and playing in front of 1,800 to 2,000 fans is better than 4,500 we used to have, the guy has taken us as complete fools for far too long, THERE MUST BE A PROTEST, OR ARE WE SAYING IT IS NO LONGER OUR ONCE LOVED CLUB, AND WE DON’T GIVE A BLOODY TOSS Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Your right Deerey I did try at Harrogate and it was an abject failure as a protest. Now you can’t pin that on Swanny, Cox, or the players, they all tried their best for the fans to protest, but no fans were having none of it, if I was their shop steward I would have resigned I wouldn’t represent men who weren’t prepared to take action, and have trust and the resolve for the situation.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

How many protest songs / chants do you have?
    Do you have any witty banners?
    We’re down – what’s the point?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

NLI, sorry but I won’t be going, the players don’t deserve my attendance, though one of my grandsons has talked me into going to the last home game, a game which I hope all stayaways will attend if only to show prospective new owners there are fans out there given the right environment.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

watched the Ironarmy video from last nights game at Gainsborough and at the end he showed a leaflet which states a protest is planned for the Mansfield game at the Honest Lawyer “anytime after 12 and walking down to the ground for 2pm”

Anyone know anything about this and who’s behind it?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Are they hoping to bump into someone with several million pound on the way down who can afford to buy the club?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

What price do you put on a NL team without the ground?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Are they hoping to bump into someone with several million pound on the way down who can afford to buy the club?

Maybe they are hoping to bump into you and that you would introduce yourself, that would be interesting.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

watched the Ironarmy video from last nights game at Gainsborough and at the end he showed a leaflet which states a protest is planned for the Mansfield game at the Honest Lawyer “anytime after 12 and walking down to the ground for 2pm”

Anyone know anything about this and who’s behind it?

As long as they are going to the Iron bar for a pint and then leaving BEFORE kick off, I’m in.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

IA, I’ve got better things to do than pretend walking from the Honest Lawyer to the ground will have any effect on Swanns ability to find a buyer.

Football clubs get bought/sold when individuals/consortiums prove they have the finances to do so.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Total shot in the dark, but I think the protest is more about how the club has been run over the past few years rather than about its market value.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

NI, how will walking from the Honest Lawyer to the ground help? Everyone knows we’ve had a terrible few seasons, don’t think it could be highlighted anymore!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.