Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

You told us February 7th. 😁

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Are you really missing Alcy’s videos that much TW?

lesterthenightflylesterthenightfly
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2014
    Topics: 0

The players should be ‘attacking the DRE’ (ha) in the 2nd half, so it should be quite noticeable when it happens.

The cameras will definitely be facing the Railway End in that case!

Morning. Doncaster Rovers fan in peace.

I can sympthasise with whats happening at your club. We had this in the 97/98 season,although I’d argue it was even more dire than your current situaton.
    Ken Richardson was our chairman.
    As was later discovered in court he hired someone to burn the main stand down to claim the insurance. At the begining of the season we had Kerry Dixon as manager who then left as it emerged that Richardson was telling him who to pick in his team selections.
    We didn’t win a game in all competitions until the 2nd December when we beat Chester 2-1 on a cold Tuesday night in front of 846 fans. There was actually a pitch invasion to celebrate!!!
    At one point Richardson put his right hand man,Mark Weaver,in charge of team selections.
    In an early “six pointer” against Brighton he put in goal David Smith,his next door neighbour,who’d only played Sunday league football as far as we were aware. We lost 3-1.
    We won only 4 league games all season finishing on 20 points.
    We scored 30 goals and conceded 113 still a record I believe.
    (As a side note we’ve only scored 28 this season and I can’t see where the next one is coming from)

There were protests against the regime early in the season.
    At a home game on the 11th October aginst Hartlepool there was a mass walkout on 80 minutes.
    At this stage Rovers were winning 2-0 and ended up drawing 2-2 which of course was balmed on the fans for all leaving the ground.
    There were meetings organised and after the majority of home games there was a crowd outside the main stand protesting.
    Danny Bergara came in towards the end of the season but even he couldn’t do anything.
    There were sit-downs on the pitch during matches and Mark Weaver hired a bodyguard when he came to the games for fear of attack (I’m not advocating violence but this is how bad things had got)
    The police even advised him not to attend games as his presence may cause unrest.
    At the final game there was a procession through the town,a mock funeral with a coffin mourning the passing of Doncaster Rovers. It really did seem as though we weren’t going to have a club the next sesaon.
    As we know John Ryan came onboard,a Rovers fan,and after intially struggling in the conference,we got back into the league and went from strength to strength culminating in the famous day at Wembley when we beat everyones second favourite team to get into the Championship.

Sorry for banging on but I really do hope you have a team next year.
    I work in Scunthorpe and know a lot of Iron fans who seem genuinely fearful for next season.

All the best and hopefully we’ll meet again soon.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I misread the posters name, I thought he was showing off as lesterthenightly!!
    Lucky you lester.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Swann said he would make a statement “over the weekend” the only thing is he didn’t commit to which weekend.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

Lester lives near Mount Belzoni. It’s just off the M18.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Very true awaywego!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Lester lives near Mount Belzoni. It’s just off the M18.

Just up the road from Steely Dan then!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Taking for granted that Swanny will still be here next season, can some of the fans that have stated that they won’t be attending again do a kamikaze protest for the sake of all others, if they end up with a ban it won’t matter to them. “Ask not what Scunthorpe United can do for you ask what you can do for Scunthorpe United”.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

After reading SWANNS announcement nothing has changed except that LT will be in the firing line. Its not even worth reading it, just the same old same old!!!!!!!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

So c’mon I feel the peaceful protest should still be on at the Mansfield match to let him know just what him and his family have done to our Club. He underestimates how devastating it is to supporters for our Club to lose its league status and the importance of it to our community. I believe with the attitude of SWANN and whilst he is still here we may never regain league status.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

A protest won’t help him find a buyer any quicker! It could take weeks, months or even years.
    How long did it take for Fenty/Ashley/Allam to sell up?

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

So what do you suggest fans do? Standby and watch their football club disappear and say and do nothing like yourself?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Sadly Pat O’Cake it makes no difference to him. All it has done is say I am officially in hiding now !

Lee Turnbull has the poisoned chalice now and I can only wish him good luck. As our CEO is leaving it means he is on paper – Head Honcho !! And hope he wields the axe quickly and remove a big part of the debacle.

Perhaps someone could ask LEE how many of the present squad he would have recommended the club to sign.

Protests – who are they protesting against ? The EGO will pay no attention, it will just give Lee more problems when he has more than enough.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Presumably Mr Swann remains as a board member? That gives us Lee, Neil Wright, Mr Swann, Mrs Swann, Chris Swann & maybe Will Swann. So if it’s Swanns 4 vs non-Swanns 2 can there be any change?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Why would you think that Lee is going to be on the fans side? Swanny just given him a well paid job, he’s going to be swannys lap dog to think anything else you must be deluded. Let’s wait and see if he gets rid of Will Swann from his scouting role then I might have some belief in being his own man and being on the fans side.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

Whats the story behind the CEO leaving ? Must have missed that news. She was one of Swann’s trust steeds wasn’t she ?

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Someone mentioned it last week. Others will follow I understand.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Rats leaving a sinking ship comes to mind.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Swann’s trust steeds

Wasn’t she in fact Rodwell’s right hand woman?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

It might help having someone who knows a bit about football leading (in theory at least) the club.

Realistically it probably is just someone else to share the blame with Keith Hill.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The CEO hasn’t left, but I wish she would.

Participant

Yes awaywego I wish she would leave too. Karin Swanns right hand woman I believe. I believe she has been behind all the cost-cutting too, no matchday programme no working scoreboard for instance. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.

Participant

We still need that protest because nothing has changed except that LT has been put in the firing line. Simon Elliott realised what was going to happen and in my opinion that’s why he left because he could see its a lost cause because Swann is going nowhere and we all know where that will lead.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Don’t expect anything else from a woman, that explains the programmes can’t imagine many women collect them.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You seem to be morphing in to ‘Sid the Sexist’ awaywego.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

” seem to be ” 😂😂😂

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Why would you think that Lee is going to be on the fans side? Swanny just given him a well paid job.

Party to the pay negotiations were you?

russellfoxBrassy sharman
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 21

Respect buddy, nice bit of reading.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

i read with glee Swann steps down … only to have the happy rug pulled from under my feet when realizing both before and more so after his announcement that nothing has changed and its just more bullshit from the man .. he spews total bollocks and must think fans are all daft if they believe this crap.. the guy is a parasite that has destroyed a once great little football club and now he is first in the life boat before the women n kids.

What a total shambles and disgrace SUFC have become under his watch.

Regardless of recent events i still think a 72 minute walk out against Mansfield is an excellent idea.. IF ALL are on board…

Im used to the Idea of NL football next season im over relegation we deserve it , Hill remains a massive let down but i am more concerned about the actual ownership / boardroom events currently on going and the actual survival of the club than SUFC could easily go out of business totally if things dont change and anew owner is found.

UTI

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.