Premier League Champions 2023-24

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Premier League Champions 2023-24

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

I’d like to be the first to congratulate Manchester City on winning this seasons (2023-24) Premier League title.

After finishing as champions in five of the last six seasons and six times in the last ten seasons – it was so predictable!

[Runners up twice during those ten years to boot]

Six League Cup triumphs during the same period.

We may as well congratulate them on winning that trophy again too.

Premier League Odds:

Man City 8/11

Arsenal 9/2

Liverpool 15/2

Man Utd 10/1
    Chelsea 14/1

(Wow!) Champions League Odds:

Man City 1/2

Bayern Munich 2/1

Real Madrid 8/1
    Barcelona 12/1
    PSG 12/1

FA Cup & League Cup

Man City 3/1

The next priced clubs are 7/1 in either competition to succeed.

A very dim & dull season ahead according to the bookies!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

…..only for Man U fans 😂

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Those Gooners will give it a go!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

I’d like to be the first to congratulate Manchester City on winning this seasons (2023-24) Premier League title.

After finishing as champions in five of the last six seasons and six times in the last ten seasons – it was so predictable!

Premier League Odds:

Man City 8/11

Arsenal 9/2

Liverpool 15/2

Man Utd 10/1
    Chelsea 14/1

Man City 1/2

Bayern Munich 2/1

Real Madrid 8/1
    Barcelona 12/1
    PSG 12/1

FA Cup & League Cup

Man City 3/1

With 30 minutes to go…

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Premier League Odds:

Man City 8/11

Arsenal 9/2

Liverpool 15/2

Man Utd 10/1
    Chelsea 14/1

Man City 1/2

Bayern Munich 2/1

Real Madrid 8/1
    Barcelona 12/1
    PSG 12/1

FA Cup & League Cup

Man City 3/1

With 30 minutes to go…

And on 61 minutes; Man City make it 3-1 and the champagne is flowing!

6 titles in 7 years!

Pointless competition nowadays!

I’d list them as 1/5 favourites for next season!

Shall we congratulate them now for winning next year’s crown?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Villa the surprise package this time finishing fourth but the bookies were spot on with the top three, Manure continue to be the biggest club/ joke in the Premiership. I still speak to a lot of footy fans who are amused by there continued under performance , maybe they’ll win the cup this season.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Well done to Man C for not only winning again but managing to avoid a points deduction as the likes of Everton and N Forrest werent so looked over by the FA.

Two to watch next season and if they buy wisely Crystal Palace may well figure in the top 5 , maybe even do a Leicester ??!! the other being Chelsea fancy them to have away better season than this one.

Cant see Man U being anything other than upper mid table AGAIN

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Can’t disagree with your assessment of Palace and Chelsea, IFA. Both impressive in the last fee weeks. Alot will rest on whether Palace can hold on to those 2 or 3 sparkling gems ..Alese, Eze etc
    Man City are brilliant. Pep is a genius. Foden is outstanding. Haaland is formidable. BUT … like you I am wondering if the best team involved in this equation is the City legal team. If I was a Forest or Everton fan ..or Arsenal and Liverpool .. I would be watching that aspect v carefully.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

It’s ‘Olise’

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron

If you don’t enjoy watching the likes of De Bruyne, Haarland and Foden plying their trade then there’s something wrong with you!

Don’t forget that not so long ago people were fed up of Liverpool and Man United winning everything.

All things must pass.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Really hoping Foden keeps up his form for the Euros. He’s been incredible this season and a joy to watch.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

That’s reliant on Southgate starting him, which is not a given.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Also that age old issue of club form not transferring to the international stage. Rooney has to be the biggest flop in recent history in that regard. Gerrard wasn’t great either.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Lets face it the golden generation were only good club players except for Beckham.
    What made Rooney even worse was his attitude towards England fans.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

What was so special about Beckham apart from his me me me attitude in wanting to be in the papers for no apparent reason

RiversRivers
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2021
    Topics: 0

Deerey, do you mean the Wayne Rooney who was England’s all-time leading goalscorer?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Really hoping Foden keeps up his form for the Euros. He’s been incredible this season and a joy to watch.

I’ve not watched Ingerland since South Africa 2010.

Bang that drum, toot the vuvuzelas, footballs coming home… lol

I gave up hope of international success years ago.

2030 marks the centennial of the inaugural World Cup – will we ever host it again, lest win it?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Deerey, do you mean the Wayne Rooney who was England’s all-time leading goalscorer?

Okay, I exaggerated. Not the biggest flop, but take in to account how many games and how many years it took him with the service around him, and in comparison to his club career, he never fulfilled expectation and towards the end of his career seemed to blame everyone else and sulk. Then the issue with supporters as awaywego mentioned. In this regard I wouldn’t say Owen and Kane were / are international flops for instance but more tempted to say Rooney was, 50 odd goals or not. Who were most these goals against? Rarely recall him excelling in the big games, when it really mattered. Major tournaments – bit of a flop.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’ve not watched Ingerland since South Africa 2010.

Bang that drum, toot the vuvuzelas, footballs coming home… lol

I gave up hope of international success years ago.

2030 marks the centennial of the inaugural World Cup – will we ever host it again, lest win it?

I’ll increase the deja vu by replying ‘I’m not that arsed about how well England do and often enjoy the tournament as much or more when they’re knocked out or haven’t qualified.’

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

If you don’t enjoy watching the likes of De Bruyne, Haarland and Foden plying their trade then there’s something wrong with you!

Don’t forget that not so long ago people were fed up of Liverpool and Man United winning everything.

All things must pass.

I didn’t say that they weren’t enjoyable to watch. Quite the opposite. My point was around the issue of financial fair play and accompanying sanctions. Like IFA I hope that the scrutiny is evenhanded and that the big money from the Gulf doesn’t buy an out that Forest or Everton couldn’t run to. These financial regulations should be ditched if they can’t be evenly applied.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The financial fair play rules were brought in IMO to placate the moaning so called ” big clubs”, the ones who used to win most things before the Premiership began and who initially still won most things till foreign investment kicked in big style. Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool were fine when it was all about them but when Chelsea then City received bigger investment and those teams began winning more titles it all kicked off, now Newcastle are joining in the fun.How can a league initially formed because the ” bigger clubs” wanted more of the money in football kept in the top league, start bringing in rules because too much money is being spent by certain clubs to their advantage, it’s crazy and hypocritical, again IMO. You reap what you sow, the game at the top demanded more money in that sector than throughout the game in general and that’s what its got, shut up moaning and live with it. The fines on Everton and Forest are pathetic and unjust and the football authorities should hang their heads in shame for attempting to placate a few big clubs in the sport.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

What was so special about Beckham apart from his me me me attitude in wanting to be in the papers for no apparent reason

His right foot.
    No left foot, couldn’t head, no pace, couldn’t tackle, but magic right foot.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

His right foot.

He could pull the birds though, a more clean cut version of George Best in that department, not a patch on George when it came to football ability however.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

2024-25 … 2024-25 … 2024-25

I’d like to be the first to congratulate Manchester City on winning this seasons (2024-25) Premier League title.

After finishing as champions in six of the last seven seasons – it was so predictable!

[Runners up twice during those eleven years to boot]

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

His right foot.

Take a look at him playing CM for the greatest ever team… Real Madrid.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

I think we can forget the idea of Palace “doing a Leicester”.

Olise gone to Bayern and with Liverpool courting Guehi and Eze rumoured to be keen on a move to Spurs they could be without most of last season’s key performers.

Always been the same. The big boys will flash the cash and heads will be turned.

Pretty much why the top six doesn’t change that often.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Palace must be making big bucks from those sales. Great players but Eze amd Olise are quite injury prone so not bad business as they have a conveyor belt of young talent coming through

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.