Patrick’s Invitation

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Patrick’s Invitation

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

We could all take Patrick up on his invite of visiting the NMG this season.

On 10th April Ilkeston play Basford away.

That day, we play Oldham at home – we could play it at Ilkeston and test drive the facilities?

22nd April Ilkeston are away at Hitchin.

That day we play Southend at home – again, how about sampling Patrick’s hospitality with the game taking place at Ilkeston?

I’m sure Southend wouldn’t mind. Less distance to travel.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Can you imagine? ‘Right John, any Scunny fans turn up asking for Patrick – you the man!’ 🤣

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m assuming ubiquitous Patrick will be making an appearance on The Iron Hour Podcast, live and direct from the centre of the universe? It’s being filmed I believe, so the least he could do is say hello. The way he was talking, you’d think he owned the club!

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Isn’t he David Hilton’s business partner and now running Ilkeston Town, Mr Nally

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Who this Patrick guy? Can’t be, he said he worked at the club, 64 years of age. Not suggesting anything fishy are you Mick?

Participant

No but their new owners name is Andrew Patrick Nally, and not suggesting anything is fishy, the only thing I will say is Peter Swann sounds like he has got us in such a mess and it looks like Hilton has taken everything out of the cupboard and restarting afresh, just hoping everything is temporary, can see us having a small squad next season to streamline everything.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

A small squad Mick with 15 to 20 top class released academy recruits sent out on loan to let’s say Ilkeston.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Wouldn’t be allowed to do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

BUS OFFER PLEASE:

Patrick Nally – Ilkeston Town
    Supporters Community Page

On the bus to Hitchin?
    My catering van will be open Saturday morning, anyone travelling from the Ilkeston car park you are invited to have a bacon roll. With tomatoes, beans, or egg, (if we can get any eggs ?) …plus a tea, coffee, hot chocolate, or bovril for £2, you must tell my daughter who will be serving, you want the “Bus Offer” as there may well be Joe Publics there who would will be paying £4.50 for the same, so the right money would be nice as well, and a bit of discretion, should there be Joe Publics waiting to be served while you are.
    Anvone wanting to take a cheese & onion/ tomato, or a ham roll on the journey she will do you one for a pound each!…. must be ordered in before Friday evening on 0785* ***078 they will be made fresh Saturday morning.

Patrick (Andrews Dad)

Top comments:

Ian Parkinson
    Hi, any chips?

Patrick Nally
    Bit early for chips… got some thick crisps….

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

That’s it, if there’s no chips we’ll chase him out.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Patrick Free delivery to Scunny … ???? very good reviews on the food

https://web.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1697158597327236&set=a.777494645960307

[/url]image sharing[/url]

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Missed a trick with his recent PR onslaught. Just needed to say ‘breakfast roll with a drink for £2 everyone!’ and he could have saved all that time and effort.

CMCCMC
    Participant

Anyone who worked round South Park in the 90s remember a Phil Swannick, don’t know if hes still around but the Honest Phil’s burgers and teas Stadium would be a good sponsor

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Definitely won’t be any eggs on faces anytime soon. Because there ain’t any!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Anyone who worked round South Park in the 90s remember a Phil Swannick, don’t know if hes still around but the Honest Phil’s burgers and teas Stadium would be a good sponsor

I thought Cartman and Kyle used to run it, their speciality was chocolate salty balls.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And those big Cuban cigars favoured by Churchill.

CMC CMC
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Now that’s reasonable pricing Deerey 2.25 for a sausage sarnie let’s get that van up here next year on match days, you did say you would buy me one.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

At that price you can buy your own!

What do Patrick’s big ideas to transform the catering ops at GP entail? Is it possible to get a series of burger vans in to the restaurant?

CMCCMC
    Participant

Just gone past the New Manor Ground on train to Manchester.

Same as last time i was there, no sign of the “World Class” Training centre yet but there is a pitch with a red shed on it.

Patrick0811Patrick0811
    Participant
    Registered On: March 30, 2023
    Topics: 0

Not so good with your observation skills up there in Scunny are you? Large sign ..OPEN 7AM TO 2PM MON TO FRIDAY ON TOP OF THE VAN.
    The burger van does not operate for football matches, it is open to serve the local workers in the area, hence the low prices.
    As a gesture to our fans I decided to open Saturday morning for our supporters travelling on the coaches leaving the ground at 9.30am for a 16 -17 hour trip away match. And charge them very little
    We at Ilkeston do things for each other like that, it sure beats ripping each other apart like you clowns on this forum, And quite why anyone would want to re-post my ilkeston post on to a Scunny forum is baffling to say the least!
    Going to leave you lot to carry on ripping each other apart with insults, slurs and anything else you can think of…actually, I wonder if I have been to more Scunthorpe games this season than the armchair keyboard warriors on here? Finally I won’t say goodbye forever, because if you get relegated again you could be at Ilkeston next year…and of course, if we win yet Another promotion we can still say hello as we pass on the stairs to our new leagues….. so bye bye till then.

CMCCMC
    Participant

What do Patrick’s big ideas to transform the catering ops at GP entail? Is it possible to get a series of burger vans in to the restaurant?

You can get a can of Carlsberg for 2 quid at Peterborough Sports. Game changer.

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Toddle off back to your burger van you clown

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Realizing his big chance to land the SUFC catering gig via the back door may have passed him by looks like Patrick is now wishing DHs Iron get relegated again and has flounced the forum .. fear not im guessing a few Scunny fans will be their to test the hospitality for the pre season friendly.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 18

As a gesture to our fans I decided to open Saturday morning for our supporters travelling on the coaches leaving the ground at 9.30am for a 16 -17 hour trip away match.

Ilkeston to Hitchin 105 miles
    2 hours in a car.
    2 1/2 on a coach?

17 hour round trip?
    They getting home at 02:30am?

Bacon Bap, Cheese & Tomato butty and a lock in at The Raven (Hitchin) and back to the NMG before dawn.

Enjoy Paddy.

It’s a Nally day out – 10 seats booked on the 2 coaches.
    86 fans travelling when I looked – full credit to them.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Oh dear, from ‘up the Iron!’to ‘we can still say hello as we pass on the stairs to our new leagues…’ within days. The dearth of eggs has really got to you Pat! Got any grapes? Sour ones?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

but why do you need to look at what Ilkeston are doing, it has nothing to do with Scunthorpe United, we are more interested in what we are doing

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Any extras with that? 🤣

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Ilkeston to Hitchin 105 miles
    2 hours in a car.
    2 1/2 on a coach?

17 hour round trip?’

Yes, on a pony and trap.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Anyway, Pat and family are well suited to SUFC. We’re big on nepotism here – ain’t that so awaywego?

CMCCMC
    Participant

Any extras with that? 🤣

Plastic cup if you want one.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.