Ouch

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Ouch

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Don’t you mean resigned AA.

Resigned because they were told that their (Turnbull & Mayo) services / input was no longer needed or wanted?

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

hillton lashing out as everything around him collapses. not surprised.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

I’ve reread his rant, it is a rant.
    He’s only answered one question, that concerning the accounts being filed, to my knowledge this is the 4th time he’s given a firm date for them being submitted and every time they failed to be filed.
    Therefore I reserve my right to be sceptical until I see them on companies house.
    As for the rest of it, he whines about members of this forum bad mouthing him whilst he bad mouths the members of this forum.
    Very hypocritical Dave!
    If he includes me as one of the members of the forum that he dislikes with a passion, I don’t have a problem with that, the same as he shouldn’t have a problem with me.
    Time to put your big boy pants on Dave and grow up, you’re coming across as a spoilt brat who’s mummy has taken his sweets away.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

hillton lashing out as everything around him collapses. not surprised.

You’ll no doubt get criticised for that, but I fear you’re right. Bit too long in the tooth to not suspect bad news forthcoming. Pity Bucks isn’t around – our old PR guru would sniff this a mile away!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

A bad start to the season and he’ll need a pair of chest waders to protect him from the 💩

In Jimbob he trusts
    🙈🙉🙊

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

When I’m at matches speaking to people about the match and other topics,I occasionally ask “do you go on IronBru? “ I would say 90+% look at me with glazed eyes and reply “ what’s that?” Keep talking amongst yourselves lads!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Fabulous insight bpg. What are your other topics? Who really wrote Stairway to Heaven? Cashless society: Marxist plot?

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Hilton’s Facebook post………..

A classic example of divide and rule, nothing more than diversionary tactics.

He could have used the opportunity via more official channels to provide a tangible and concise update on more pertinent subjects such as the dispute concerning the freehold, training ground, the two plots of land, new stadium design and build, summer recruitment, 1899 refunds, the list really is endless.

There are two elements within his ramblings where I would have concerns. Firstly, Hilton states that he has created a business model that is now sustainable. He doesn’t know this as there are too many uncontrollable variables at play with running a football club. It might be sustainable on a piece of paper whereas reality has a nasty habit of kicking you. Secondly, Hilton states that he’s handing over the running of the club to local people and supporters, my question would be, why?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Well the majority on this forum have always wanted more local people/ businessman/ women involved on the board, it happened under Steve Wharton and the club has never been run as efficiently for a club our size since. I welcome more local involvement.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

When you go to Heslam Park when Scunny are are home,I bet if you asked ‘em,”do you go on IronBru”,90+% would say yes.😂 Only joking lads!

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Topics: 2

Hilton really needs to come off social media if he is sensitive to criticism and so called negativity. I’m afraid it comes with the territory. I’ve no doubt the club would have folded without his financial input and for that, I’m greatful. The initiative to bring local directors/supporters onto the board is also a positive in my opinion. However, as long as we still have the elephant in the room, namely, the current stadium ownership issue and an unrealistic timescale for a new stadium it’s not unreasonable that supporters will continue to seek answers

6 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

He needs to shut up with his unprofessional comments, act his age and stop stirring the pot.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I worry that he thinks Matt is the message board, he’s not

Deereyme66Deereyme66

He needs to shut up with his unprofessional comments, act his age and stop stirring the pot.

Agreed. But there’s a track record of it isn’t there.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Time for him to act the grown up and stop trying to attack fans and create division.

That’s a two way street.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

but these attempts at division and attacks on others for not being true fans, because they are more questioning of Hilton has to stop.

As does the unsubstantiated rumours being made up by those that think they are in the know about Mr Hilton.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bury friend of mine told me ages ago, Stewart Day was very bad, but Steve Dale was far worse. A lot of Bury fans couldn’t accept that.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Squatters Rights.
    Is the plan to squat at GP for the next ten years in order to be able to make an adverse possession claim.

Mind boggling!

Once an IPO is served, the squatters have to leave within 24 hours.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Time for him to act the grown up and stop trying to attack fans and create division.

That’s a two way street.

Show me where SST has insulted him and called him vermin.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

but these attempts at division and attacks on others for not being true fans, because they are more questioning of Hilton has to stop.

As does the unsubstantiated rumours being made up by those that think they are in the know about Mr Hilton.

You mean like Company’s House records and his self-admirted involvement with dodgy telemarketing schemes? Not in the same league as making up nonsense to try and divide the fans.

The drug dealing rubbish does fall into this category and some have gone overboard. However, I don’t need to substantiate a post calling out Hilton for his own poor behaviour with whataboutery.

For someone who allegedly cares about division, you evidently care little about Hilton creating division with his baseless attacks on Matt B and E.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

I think there’s going to be a lot of anger and denial about for a bit. I felt angry about Swann selling to Hilton months ago once the subsstantiated info started coming out and initiatives like the 1899 scheme were launched. I can only be angry for so long though. Now just very disappointed that he sold to him. I’m more concerned with what next?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Tweet from Matt Ellis yesterday:

‘For the record, and since I don’t have Facebook to reply directly to David White/Hilton. Last time I spoke to Peter Swann he shouted at me for comparing him to John Fenty!’

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Hilton/White needs to look up the meaning of the word “Forum”.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

There are idiots on the Facebook group still posting pointless meaningless stuff like this: ‘someone is feeding swann information’. Like they think it’s difficult for him to be following ongoings and reading what Hilton / White has been posting.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Unfortunately, the mental age of the group appears to be 14.

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017
    Topics: 4

So a 14 year olds opinion doesn’t count? At what age is the younger persons opinion worth listening to? Maybe there’s an age limit before opinions aren’t worth considering? For some it seems we’re either too young or too old to have a valid opinion. I wear specs not blinkers.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

On matters like this, I’d suggest at least an adult mental age.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

If you’re interested in their childish remarks and insults as a way of dealing with this tragic state of affairs, that’s your call Noster. It’s not mine.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

So a 14 year olds opinion doesn’t count? At what age is the younger persons opinion worth listening to? Maybe there’s an age limit before opinions aren’t worth considering? For some it seems we’re either too young or too old to have a valid opinion. I wear specs not blinkers.

Well you can’t vote until you’re 18, so that’s one measure of it.

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017
    Topics: 4

Childish remarks are sometimes made by adults. I’m interested in sensible opinions and comment; I don’t have to agree with them and the age of the commenter is irrelevant to me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.