Participant
    Registered On: January 29, 2015
    Topics: 1

Hilton’s Facebook post………..

Fozzybear2009fozzybear2009
    Participant

I would just like to post and say how delighted I am to have Lee and Roj as directors of the club. I had taken Lee off originally along with all others whilst I learnt about the business and the people involved. I have full trust in Lee and his love for the club is undeniable.
    Roj Rahman is somebody again with the club imbedded deep in his heart and he is a wonderful human being and businessman. He will bring so much to the club moving forward.

I sincerely thank them both.

I would also like to confirm that creating a board of local people to support me was always something I had planned to do. Like I have said, I just needed to understand the business and people in and around it.
    I will openly admit that I underestimated the work involved and the club has had a massive impact on the life I was accustomed to. I’m hopeful that having the board in place will encourage the doubters to back the club in the knowledge that the decisions made will be by numerous local people with a genuine affinity to the club and not just by some stranger from Nottingham.

The new board members (more to follow) will also help me push the club forward with their commitment and expertise, filling voids left by departing paid staff and therefore allowing a bigger sustainable commitment to the playing budget as you have all seen this summer.

The board has not been set up for financial reasons as reported by the negative few on another site. Of course I would hope that all board members will be a financial benefit to the club, but anything they generate will only be used to help the club sustain and compete at higher levels.
    I would like to mention my disappointment at the supposed fans page Iron Bru. I have noticed during my time here that their posts are predominantly of the negative variety. I do not think I have seen many if any positive posts. I noticed this in April and reached out for them to meet me face to face and ask their questions. An invitation they declined. It seems this site are far happier pushing their own negativity than finding out the facts. I am also fully aware that they still liaise with Mr Swann. This was confirmed when a question was directed my way containing information that only myself and Mr Swann were privy to.

Whilst peoples opinions will differ which I’m all for, I really do not have time for the minority of cowards that push their own interpretation of events when the truth is only a question away. Especially those hiding behind fake names.

Because of this, one of the first things I will be asking the new board to consider will be an official supporters club to be formed with direct access to the board. Possibly even represented on the board.

Whatever your thoughts about me are please remember this. I saved the club you all love from extinction as I promised at a significant financial cost, I am handing over the running of it to local people and supporters, I have reset the club and together we have built a fantastic squad preparing for a hopefully successful period. I have created a business model that is now sustainable and I have asked for nothing in return. I am obviously very proud to be the Chairman of your Football Club and I promise my commitment will continue moving forward.

One last point, the June 22 accounts were filed a few days late and my apologies for this. It was a slightly embarrassing oversight on my part. It is not the big deal that the minority are using to push negativity again and certainly no reason for concern.
    I’m assured they will appear on companies house imminently.

Finally, football is back Saturday and the season is nearly here, it’s now time to unite 💪 and get behind Jimmy and the boys, what is any of this for if it isn’t about getting back to winning football matches

#uptheiron

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

While I am happy to see people on the board, I am far less happy by his thin skin and inability to accept others may be worried or distrusting, even if ill founded. Time for him to act the grown up and stop trying to attack fans and create division. He then might get some unity that he supposedly desires.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Only Hilton could miss the irony of him whining on about people hiding behind fake names! May I suggest he considers Brent as his next one.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I wonder if he includes those burner accounts doxxing fans and threatening with abuse to defend him as anonymous cowards. Or is it just anyone who does so much as question something and remains sceptical?

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Totally agree with the comments by Mr. Hilton,including the comment about the “Iron Bru site”.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

In response to Hilton/White,
    It pleases me greatly that myself and others on this forum are living rent free in your head.
    When the season starts and we are playing matches at Glanford Park and continue to do so for the remainder of the season then I’ll be one of the 1st to hold my hands up and congratulate you Hilton/White.

NosterNoster
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2017
    Topics: 4

Sadly I believe DH is correct. The negativity is becoming the norm of a few. The excuse of being caring fans is a weak excuse. I’m more inclined to think of them as trouble makers. I’ve supported the Iron for 70 years and am one of the many stiffs but in the West stand as I and many others were described by one recent poster. UP THE IRON.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I see the ‘top fans’ who moan about their opinion not being respected are coming out now to attack others.

Fozzybear2009fozzybear2009
    Participant

Yeh he’s bang on I didn’t come on here for many years for this reason until recently I’ve got in the habit of having a nosey.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

While I am happy to see people on the board, I am far less happy by his thin skin and inability to accept others may be worried or distrusting, even if ill founded. Time for him to act the grown up and stop trying to attack fans and create division. He then might get some unity that he supposedly desires.

Totally agree. Just looks like divide and conquer. Can’t help thinking this is a pre-emptive strike before something hits the fan.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

It is an independent forum. Are people saying others cannot have opinions unless they agree with theirs ?

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Only Hilton could miss the irony of him whining on about people hiding behind fake names! May I suggest he considers Brent as his next one.

Biggest laugh of the day so far. Thanks!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Totally agree with the comments by Mr. Hilton,including the comment about the “Iron Bru site”.

Not sure why you continue to contribute to it in that case. Quite baffling.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

This has to be the dumbest of all the sycophantic uncritical replies to him:

‘since your arrival I have seen nothing but kept promises’

Absolutely away with the fairies. Mind boggling.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Yeh he’s bang on I didn’t come on here for many years for this reason until recently I’ve got in the habit of having a nosey.

Can I just say Fozzy that since your early days on the Muppet Show and despite all the harassment you got back then from Statler and Waldorf, I always liked your act. 🐻

Deereyme66Deereyme66

🤣🤣🤣

SamsmithSmudger
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2014
    Topics: 5

Have to say I totally agree with everything Hilton has said. Bru is on its arse. UTI

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Is that a post complaining about negativity? Seems a bit negative.

I have created a business model that is now sustainable and I have asked for nothing in return.

Would be really interested to hear some more detail behind that, particularly given the raft of signings and the fact that, to date, as a fanbase we are not aware of the sale of GP to Hilton being completed. David, if you are reading this, can you explain how we are able to be sustainable without owning a ground and with so many new signings? Thanks in advance!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Think you’ll have to post that on Facebook for a response Ferrite. That’s if you get one that isn’t a fob off.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Think you’ll have to post that on Facebook for a response Ferrite. That’s if you get one that isn’t a fob off.

But does he not this board to know about the negativity?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

seems a fair n balanced post by DH and for the most part i dont have any issues with it .. i do feel the comment about there being more negative posts than positive on Bru is a tad off the mark as IMO there are probably only a handful of really anti Hilton contributors on here with the majority being anxious and worried about the clubs future with so much BS swirling about.

I agree its time to unite get behind the club in its entirety and see wear the journey takes us.

uti

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Oh aye, clearly reads it Ferrite, as demonstrated by some previous comments of his.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

seems a fair n balanced post by DH and for the most part i dont have any issues with it .. i do feel the comment about there being more negative posts than positive on Bru is a tad off the mark as IMO there are probably only a handful of really anti Hilton contributors on here with the majority being anxious and worried about the clubs future with so much BS swirling about.

I agree its time to unite get behind the club in its entirety and see wear the journey takes us.

uti

I am more sceptical than you, but hats off to you (along with Sanfran, who I believe is behind Hilton) for a reasonable approach, in my opinion. It is a forum where people share their opinions and we can’t all think the same. The more sceptical may be wrong, but these attempts at division and attacks on others for not being true fans, because they are more questioning of Hilton has to stop.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Sufc not on tour…..”then I’ll be one of the 1st to hold my hands up and congratulate you Hilton/White.”
    Until then you’ll continue to slag him off?😂

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Sorry IFA, but what more are we expected to do apart from attend games when we can? Is anyone saying they’re boycotting games or something? No. Does he mean we’re all supposed to lick his boots and not question stuff people in their right minds would question? Is that unity? Sounds like BS to me. Sorry. We’re sponsoring a players home kit this season aren’t we? That’s added value surely?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

You can still support the club and the chairman but question decisions that are being made.

No problem with him admitting he underestimated the task at hand as that’s been evident for some time now, bringing board members into the fold is a good move- I questioned whether there would be financial input- a reasonable question.

Not impressed with the attack on Matt or this forum; most of the posts have been respectful, if he is getting annoyed at the same questions being asked then it’s Time for Hilton to grow a thicker skin. There will be more challenging times ahead and unfortunately criticism goes with the territory.

My main concern is the ground; if we can reach an agreement with Swann or have firm dates for a new ground to be built, then these concerns will subside. Once a football club loses a stadium then it leaves itself vulnerable as we have found out. We must reach some sort of conclusion.

In the meantime, I’ll continue attending games, encouraging others to do the same and support the club financially in any way I can and as i have always done. I’ll also be looking forward to the new season as much as anyone else and can’t wait to see how the side perform.

8 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

uti

I am more sceptical than you, but hats off to you (along with Sanfran, who I believe is behind Hilton) for a reasonable approach, in my opinion. It is a forum where people share their opinions and we can’t all think the same. The more sceptical may be wrong, but these attempts at division and attacks on others for not being true fans, because they are more questioning of Hilton has to stop.

I too am sceptical but even with all the shite flying just wanna give DH the benefit of the doubt and hope the team can start to win football matches and get the buzz back.. there are some points which grind at me like the new ground in 2 years bollocks but for now its anew owner manager n team and now board of directors .. so im gonna sit and cheer from top of the fence until the SUFC drains clear and more good or bad comes to fruition.

Sorry IFA, but what more are we expected to do apart from attend games when we can? Is anyone saying they’re boycotting games are something? No. Does he mean we’re all supposed to lick his boots and not question stuff people in their right minds would question? Is that unity? Sounds like BS to me. Sorry.

yep loads of unanswered questions re DH and much more but nothing will change with all the infighting and negativity at the mo i just wanna focus on the new season and hope JD can get the team winning games and see some smiling happy faces leaving GP ..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

If a club isn’t fan owned, then it’s at the mercy of the owner.
    I personally can’t see why any person would like / want to own a club outright.
    It’s a huge drain on finances.
    Self sustaining? Breaking even won’t bring you success and promotion.
    Self sustaining & success – they are polar opposites.
    We’ve no ground, no training pitches and no academy facilities.
    We don’t even know if the academy is in operation for this season?
    Buy a season ticket. Shut thi gob. Cheer on the mediocrity. All hail the messiah!

Let’s continue with the okey cokey.
    You put a Turnbull in
    A Turnbull out
    In, out, in, out; you shake him all about.

Fired from the board – then reappointed.
    You couldn’t make it up.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Don’t you mean resigned AA.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.