Observations.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Observations.

• Author
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

The scary thought I wrote about in December has come to pass and it is worse than I thought.
    I pointed out that injuries to Taft and Onariase would be the worst thing that could happen as we approached the window.

We lost to Carlisle simply because Manny, the pivot of our defence, was absent.
    Whatever happened today, the organised defence we had been starting to prepare lacked his domination and although Davis was okayish – he does not possess a fraction of what Onariase brings in terms of presence.
    One man out and we go from tidy to shambolic.

Sorry – but that RB slot leaves me in a state of ongoing terror with Green in there.

We need a dominant CB even more than we need a striker or we’ll be back to leaking goals in abundance – and oh, how we need a striker! I had no desire to see Loft stay but if we cannot replace …

We are now adrift. After Oldham we could have ‘sold’ the idea of a Scunny resurgence – but not any longer. From what pool – or puddle – can we now recruit?

Burns will score a few, I reckon but needs to be working off a CF for that to come to pass.

There were positives but when we lack key, pivotal players …

I am descending back into my default pessimistic state which I try so hard to overcome.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

Welcome to my world, Les.
    National League won’t be so bad.
    Some interesting new grounds for those daft enough to continue to put money into a failed venture.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Spot on regarding Onariase. Davis is not good enough and why on earth Cox brought him here as captain I cannot understand. He brings nothing to the team. He is not fit to lace the boots of Onariase. Does anyone know if its covid keeping Manny out. Manny and Taft were beginning to get a good understanding going.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

No. I try to to fight the pessimism – you embrace it!

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Personally, I would have Davis ahead of Roe playing in front of the defence – I just can’t see him as a CB.
    Roe was patchy.
    It’s not that he has been terrible today but ‘presence’ is so vital.

I’d expect Beestin back in CM next week.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

The only bright side of going into the National League is we might get a couple of games on BT Sports

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Taft is worse than useless – complete liability – Manny covers for him but when he’s not there it is clear to see. Rowe, Greene, Pugh all dire

ScunnyblueScunnyblue
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 0

Ironawe I guess your the type of person who’s never played football in your life , you have a opinion like we all have but you just haven’t got a clue what your on about

ironrich1ironrich1
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2015
    Topics: 3

My observation is to unfortunately state the bleeding obvious; they’re in deep, deep trouble.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017

Did anyone really expect to get anything from Tranmere today?. So we draw a line under this one and move on still needing at the very least 8 wins to stand a chance of surviving. We need some new players in quickly especially in the forward positions. That’s my observations. Will it happen I sincerely hope so but I can’t really see it at the moment.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Ironawe I guess your the type of person who’s never played football in your life , you have a opinion like we all have but you just haven’t got a clue what your on about

I’ve played a bit and I find it hard to disagree with Ironawe. Can you elaborate on where he’s missing something?

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Scunnyblue – those players were really poor today – I have never played football professionally but the league table doesn’t lie whether you think I know nothing or not. Plenty of professionals who know very little – some have managed us.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’d take no notice of what ‘Scunnyblue’ posts IA. Judging by the grammar and response style it’s quite likely it’s another account recenly created by the same troll who set up xxx and yossarian lives. I wouldn’t waste your energy replying mate.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Davis is utter tripe, never been any good since he’s been here.

Onaraise coming back will make a huge difference.

Do you think it’s time now to play Kenyon in front of the back four, put Millen back at RB and play Beestin in CM in place of pugh.

Still doesn’t sort out the problems upfront but it would make us better. I haven’t questioned Hill since been here but if Beestin is fit enough for the bench, he really should be starting.

I don’t rate Jarvis but with having no target man type striker at the club, you would have thought he should have started with Burns or Bunn. I found that a little odd.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Kenyon is a better option in front of the back 4 than Rowe.
    Agree that we must return to Millen at RB. Sigh.

Anybody got a clue whether Manny has actual Covid or if his great aunt’s cousin knows somebody who might have?

A sudden thought. Was Hallam available yesterday?
    Perry?

What’s happening with Wood and Scrimshaw? Turan?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Wood should be getting sent back, not sure what’s happening with him. Turan is utter dog mess, last I heard we were talking with his agent to get him out on loan again. Perry and Hallam as far as I know are fit. Hallam definitely is as he got 10+ minutes the other day but just didn’t make the squad.

Hill did say we had a fully fit squad the other day, apart from Thompson..all a bit odd. Maybe Scrimshaw and Manny were not quite up to speed ?.

Not playing Beestin today was very strange. Jarvis the only forward we have who’s capable of holding the ball not picked.

Manny
    Kenyon and Beestin need to be back in and we need a natural RB playing now.
    If we don’t get a striker in anytime soon, we need Jarvis up front.

I hope Hill doesn’t go down this crazy path of weird team selections, we’ve been down this road before and it never works.

I get keeping Rowe and Green because they’d done pretty well up until now, but no Beestin and Jarvis ?

Get Manny alongside Taft, Rowe or Millen at RB, Kenyon, Beestin and Jarvis back in now they’re all available. Hard enough as it is without leaving your better players out.

Gallimore instead of Beestin ?. That’s criminal

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

Out of interest, how many times has Hill tinkered with the formation, including going back to a previous?

I thought we’d have finished with that nonsense.

rightfootofameobirightfootofameobi
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 2

Not sure about the others but Hallam was presumably fit and available for selection as he was on the pitch and taking part in the warm-ups pre game, I assume he was the ‘19th man’ in case of last minute sickness / injury etc.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

WG – “I hope Hill doesn’t go down this crazy path of weird team selections, we’ve been down this road before and it never works.”

Alcy – “I thought we’d have finished with that nonsense.”

Umpteenth manager doing this. Must be a common denominator somewhere? 🤔

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Watching highlights what is noticeable is no one moves to help the player playing/challenging for the ball. They just stand and watch – check out when young Gallimore headed out.

You rarely see defenders look to cover the posts thereby helping the keeper.

These are things Keith is struggling to get players to do. Needs 3 organisers who demand players step up. About Green – no matter where, he is so easily knocked off the ball.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Green has done what he’s done at RB and Rowe the same at DCM but yesterday showed, against a good team at this level who know what they’re doing, the pair of them get dragged all over the place as they don’t know those given positions.

Time we go back now to play players where they’re more comfortable.

I still don’t understand no Beestin yesterday and no Jarvis, he’s the only striker we have who’s capable of holding the ball up.

If this Hill’s way of further nudging Swann to drive home we need players, he needs to be careful as the games are running out.

Yossarian LivesYossarian Lives
    Participant
    Registered On: January 18, 2014

I’d take no notice of what ‘Scunnyblue’ posts IA. Judging by the grammar and response style it’s quite likely it’s another account recenly created by the same troll who set up xxx and yossarian lives. I wouldn’t waste your energy replying mate.

hes not your mate Deirdre. hes not your mr snore hes another mr snore

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Watched ironarmy vlog .. massive shout out to the fans that went to Tranmere and sang their hearts out.

Call it my observation or opinion but looking at the overall current state of things below..

A very young un experienced squad that simply isnt good enough.

An un interested self centered chairman who refused to get rid of an obvious useless manager sooner rather than it was too late

Loft leaving was a dead cert …but not having a replacement is unacceptable.

Hill may walk .. he has managed to get a semi shine on this turd but its full gloss polish we need and a miracle, if Swann doesnt assist during the transfer window expect Hill to say im orf.

Projected points tallies being pure speculation and cant see us reaching anywhere near a total to stay up

I can only see this ending badly and lets not fool ourselves life in the NL is tough and not a given we wont drop further (Southend are struggling) … being a loyal fan i will follow Scunny til the day i die regardless what level they play … alas my main worry is going out of business totally ALA Bury etc and the club being lost forever.

HOPE IM WRONG

4 users thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

The truth is; even if we survive this season (which is very unlikely) we will be doomed to repeat this again next season!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.