Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Got bad news for you NI…

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Jimmy looks out of his depth… I want to back him but he keeps giving me reasons not too!!!

If he takes us down the minimum requirement will be league winners next year and that WONT make him a great manager it’ll simply address the disgrace that is this season.

He’ll only be considered worthy of great recognition if he gets this club into the play offs or automatics in this league and potentially leads us back to the football league.

I think there were better options available including Nelson but it is what it is.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Jimmy looks out of his depth… I want to back him but he keeps giving me reasons not too!!!

If he takes us down the minimum requirement will be league winners next year and that WONT make him a great manager it’ll simply address the disgrace that is this season.

He’ll only be considered worthy of great recognition if he gets this club into the play offs or automatics in this league and potentially leads us back to the football league.

He is out of his depth and a lot of Scunny fans are beginning to see that but as the owner has publicly backed him a some fans are blind to it. You can have his ex chairman who was happy to bankroll him (but forget to pay some other bills) or his drinking pals in Peterborough back him to the hilt but he’s not a National league manager, at all.

He’s spent more on transfers than we have in years. what’s the difference between Yaxley, Spalding, Holbeach, Stamford and P’boro Sports? P’boro Sports spent lots of money. Who’s the manager who spent it? Jimmy.

What would be the return under the current “head coach”…

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

And which ex scunny player would you want SS. My recommendation in November was Kevin Phillips, Hilton’s choice was Dean and at least he’s a non league manager who as won things. End of the day it comes down the chairmans (owners) choice and rightly so.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Less ‘rightly so’ than ‘inevitable’ awaywego. Don’t think anyone’s suggesting any different. It’d be crazy if supporters had any say in managerial appointments.

hr1001hr1001
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2022
    Topics: 0

I tend to not agree when people say manager out of his depth etc because it generally isn’t true but as a Notts fan I think it’s fair to say he looked out of his depth

We didn’t suddenly play a new system that you guys wouldn’t have known about. We played the same way we do week after week, very high wingbacks – Nemane and Rodrigues linking up and lots of balls cut back from the byline.

I’m not even sure what your plan was. Was it to overload us in midfield with the extra player there ? Shields needs to look at someone like Rodrigues to see what you need to do without the ball.

I think the two goals left your players a bit shocked but your manager still didn’t change his system til half time.

As it said in the podcast teams have scored against us recently. The lower teams who do well tend to go man for man and be niggly, time waste and break up play a lot.

Hopefully for you it’s a one off and you do better tonight

3 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I tend to not agree when people say manager out of his depth etc because it generally isn’t true but as a Notts fan I think it’s fair to say he looked out of his depth

We didn’t suddenly play a new system that you guys wouldn’t have known about. We played the same way we do week after week, very high wingbacks – Nemane and Rodrigues linking up and lots of balls cut back from the byline.

I’m not even sure what your plan was. Was it to overload us in midfield with the extra player there ? Shields needs to look at someone like Rodrigues to see what you need to do without the ball.

I think the two goals left your players a bit shocked but your manager still didn’t change his system til half time.

As it said in the podcast teams have scored against us recently. The lower teams who do well tend to go man for man and be niggly, time waste and break up play a lot.

Hopefully for you it’s a one off and you do better tonight

Some of your fans reckon seats were smashed in the away stand hr1001, i was there till the end and never saw anything like that. You heard anything?

hr1001hr1001
    Participant

Not heard that. Did hear about some of your kids giving it the big one after the game against some of our fans but that seems to happen a lot now

hr1001hr1001
    Participant
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bedtime reading for Rene

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Expected goals graph made me laugh!

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Stats from the game

https://www.nottscountystats.com/post/report-scunthorpe-h

Needs sending to Jimmy and all the players, I’m still not sure they realise just how bad it was. Would result in disciplinary action in most other jobs.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“Expected goals graph made me laugh!”

Not sure what the problem is. Richards Everton easily exceeded the 0.01 goals target!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘Scunthorpe by contrast managed just 196 passes.’ That many? What was consecutive passes? 5??

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I think they counted the ones where we passed to Notts.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

County 2-0 DOWN at half time in the NL play off v Boreham wood … an absolute travesty if they dont go up after finishing circa 30 points better off than BW .. 45 mins to claw it back

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Better for non lge overall if they don’t, more chance of getting 3 up 3 down from the Efl if they see the injustice of someone attaining 107 pts and not getting promoted.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

2-1 TO BW just going into time added on

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

2-2 … 97 min equalizer

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Kings Lynn finished 24 points above Kidderminster, but it’s the Harriers that will be in the playoff final!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

cracking game that was … County 3-2 with a winner in the 119 min

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Better for non lge overall if they don’t, more chance of getting 3 up 3 down from the Efl if they see the injustice of someone attaining 107 pts and not getting promoted.

I’ve said for a long time – go 4 up & 4 down.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Kings Lynn finished 24 points above Kidderminster, but it’s the Harriers that will be in the playoff final!

Stinks!

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

And Chester finished 15 points above Brackley but screwed up.

So much for byes and home advantage in NLN!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

The Chesterfield v Bromley game also a belter

County v Spirites … hard to call nowt against Chesterfield but hoping Notts win

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Blimey! Talk about doing it the hard way!

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

I’m glad they made it. Well deserved.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Watching Salford v Stockport.
    ALL the playoff games in National League were better and more polished football than this.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I see Slocombe got subbed for extra time, didn’t fancy him in the shootout maybe, either way I’m pleased for Notts, best footballing side to watch in National League IMO.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Congrats to Notts County .. well deserved on their style of attacking football and points tally in the NL ..travesty avoided.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.