Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Their owners can underwrite it, fortunately.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Rochdale seeking investment too as they are on course to lose over £1million.

God knows what’s going to happen at Crawley, their owners appear to be complete looney tunes.

Really is a complete shambles on the lack of regulation; these are 100 year old institutions that are being left in the hands of narcissistic tyrants to do as they like with.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Don’t worry about any other club other than SCUNTHORPE UNITED.

If they enter Administration extinction really is around the corner.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Should we all join extinction rebellion then 🤔😂

Participant

This is the problem. No one gives a shit until it happens to them.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMC CMC
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

“As I said, one of the first things I wanted to do was to meet the fans. They are the ones who are most invested in their clubs and who go and support them day in, day out, whatever the results, the weather or their fortunes. Without them, football in this country would simply not be the fantastic game that it is.“
    James Daly.

Football Clubs in England: Financial Sustainability.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2022-11-07/debates/FD3CF422-EACF-4934-A051-1CAE75B3F94D/FootballClubsInEnglandFinancialSustainability

(It’s a long read).

An industry 134 years in existence with no regulator – unbelievable!

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Here’s a thought, Nottingham Forest have spent heavily without much success, they could eventually be joining their near neighbours.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Most Efl clubs in the same position I’m afraid, everything ok till the owner pulls the plug on investment, if you don’t want to lose money don’t invest in a football club quite simple really.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

the comments of County fans in threads I’ve seen are pretty arrogant,they seem to believe they’re up there with the big boys and this is sustainable.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Southend 2million shortfall expected this season, averaging 5700, backroom staff not been paid since October and then when they did Southend trust loaned them 40.000 pounds to do so, winding up petition by the HMRC on the 18th, from the sounds of it we’re not far behind them the only difference is their fans haven’t deserted them in numbers like ours actually, similar to most clubs most fans get behind their teams when the chips are down.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

the comments of County fans in threads I’ve seen are pretty arrogant,they seem to believe they’re up there with the big boys and this is sustainable.

Didn’t we once think that way?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

certainly not me, I’ve get the legal papers to prove it

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

I can remember comments on here, in the past, that we “speculate to accumulate”. Encouraging owners to spend for success.

Dangerous nonsense.

FriedyshrimperFriedyshrimper
    Participant
    Registered On: May 31, 2022
    Topics: 0

Southend 2million shortfall expected this season, averaging 5700, backroom staff not been paid since October and then when they did Southend trust loaned them 40.000 pounds to do so, winding up petition by the HMRC on the 18th, from the sounds of it we’re not far behind them the only difference is their fans haven’t deserted them in numbers like ours actually, similar to most clubs most fans get behind their teams when the chips are down.

Hi as a Southend fan I thought I’d provide a bit of an update, our staff are being paid they are however being paid late which is obviously not right.

Quite simply our chairman has major cash flow problems which should change by the end of the season. Our new training pitches are complete and we are literally waiting for the grass to grow before we can use them.

This will mean building work on the new ground can begin which will allow more funding to be available, the properties to be built as part of the new stadium, around the new stadium and at roots hall will generate close to half a billion.

Realistically we fully expect our chairman to sell up once we are in the new stadium, there is so much I’ll feeling towards him now that he will never be accepted by the majority of the fan base.

I hope your takeover goes through and you have a bright future even if you have a hell of a battle to stay up this season

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘their fans haven’t deserted them in numbers like ours actually, similar to most clubs most fans get behind their teams when the chips are down.’

So, like Swann, you’re blaming the fans. Nice.

Participant

Hardly; 3,100 average when our historic average is 3,500. I’m actually surprised crowds have held up so well.

Bear in mind that Lincoln (2,181) Grimsby (3,072) had crowds fall significantly when they entered non league and neither had to endure what we have, furthermore both have a larger fan base.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

We had home gates of 1500-2000 not long ago(Mid 90s) so 3000 with a poor team is insane. it makes you wonder why we can’t pay the bills.

But then again if SUFC goes under and SUFC 2 starts up every penny will be accounted for, there won’t be any money to go round to give Club stooges perks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.