• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

The fuse is all but burnt out.
    Imminent explosion?

If we are evicted – we have no ground.
    The closer it gets to the first game of the season, the more difficult it becomes to rearrange fixtures and have them sanctioned by the NLN.
    If we were to ground share, I believe we can only nominate one ‘home’ ground?
    We would have to find alternative dates to play games that clash with our host club.
    Sunday afternoon football?
    I can’t see our opponents agreeing to that – they’ll play hard ball.
    Friday night football?
    Our hosts wouldn’t agree to that as they’d have no time to prepare their pitch for their fixture the next day.
    We could end up in a situation where we end up playing half of our ‘home’ fixtures on our opponents ground.
    Ground sharing with Trinity has been banded about for weeks.
    How many of our fixtures clash with Trinity’s?
    It could be that we are deemed unable to fulfil fixtures even before the season starts and are kicked out of the league.
    It could all implode very, very quickly now!

The Northern Premier League fixtures aren’t even out yet!

The window of opportunity decreases daily.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

If we are evicted and we are left with no groundshare even (which would be a disaster anyway), Hilton has a lot to answer for. As custodian of the club it is his job to deal with the situation, which was admittedly left in a state by Swann (who will take some blame). This means ensuring a ground for us to play at. He can’t blame Swann for all that, nor fans who dare to question him. He will have to shoulder responsibility, but I suspect he wouldn’t and will be full of the abuse, excuses and slander as seen yesterday.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

It looks like it will play out that way, given the past few months

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Likewise, Ilkeston Town do not know their fixtures yet.

Would Ilkeston be more accommodating on Friday nights on their plastic pitch?

Opponents would have to agree to the switch to a Friday PM kick off.

What a bloody mess this is!

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Like I said a few weeks ago a Trinity director told me there hasn’t been any approach from us to play at Gainsborough, and then yesterday I saw Geoff Holmes Trinity Vice Chairman who I have known for many years and asked him, and he said the same as the other director that there hasn’t been any approach to Trinity to play there.

Darlo1Darlo1
    Participant
    Registered On: May 24, 2022
    Topics: 0

The fuse is all but burnt out.
    Imminent explosion?

If we are evicted – we have no ground.
    The closer it gets to the first game of the season, the more difficult it becomes to rearrange fixtures and have them sanctioned by the NLN.
    If we were to ground share, I believe we can only nominate one ‘home’ ground?
    We would have to find alternative dates to play games that clash with our host club.
    Sunday afternoon football?
    I can’t see our opponents agreeing to that – they’ll play hard ball.
    Friday night football?
    Our hosts wouldn’t agree to that as they’d have no time to prepare their pitch for their fixture the next day.
    We could end up in a situation where we end up playing half of our ‘home’ fixtures on our opponents ground.
    Ground sharing with Trinity has been banded about for weeks.
    How many of our fixtures clash with Trinity’s?
    It could be that we are deemed unable to fulfil fixtures even before the season starts and are kicked out of the league.
    It could all implode very, very quickly now!

The Northern Premier League fixtures aren’t even out yet!

The window of opportunity decreases daily.

If there is to be a groundshare your club may have already arranged (should it come to it) for you to have primacy of fixtures whereby the other club then fits in with your requirements. Would no doubt be reflected in the cost of renting the ground. The National League would also want to see proof that your stay there as tenants is secure… that would be the case whether it’s GP or someone else’s ground.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’ve a feeling we’re going to end up on Ilkeston’s plastic pitch on Friday evenings 🤷‍♂️

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.