NL Escape Velocity

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace NL Escape Velocity

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Has anyone sat down and calculated the ”Escape Velocity” required to secure promotion to the Holly Grail (EFL) ?

a) minimum number of points to escape as Champions.
    b) minimum number of points to secure a play off place and subsequent promotion via that route?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Funnily enough, no!

You really need to get out more Renee.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Has anyone sat down and calculated the ”Escape Velocity” required to secure promotion to the Holly Grail (EFL) ?

a) minimum number of points to escape as Champions.

b) minimum number of points to secure a play off place and subsequent promotion via that route?

A prickly subject?

The Holy Grail !

Excuse me… I’ve done a half bottle of brandy!
    Happy mis-spelt days!

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

You need not spend too much of your time assessing promotion needs pal, ask yourself how many points are required to save relegation, or more obviouse, how does the club stay afloat, with no imput from it’s owner, that has only been interested in taking from the club, and who’s aim appears to be to destroy it. National League North or liquidation is coming our way.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

You need not spend too much of your time assessing promotion needs pal, ask yourself how many points are required to save relegation, or more obviouse, how does the club stay afloat, with no imput from it’s owner, that has only been interested in taking from the club, and who’s aim appears to be to destroy it. National League North or liquidation is coming our way.

Yes agree ..a more realistic area in which to assess and predict… defo a higher likely hood of relegation than promotion IMO

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

If the club is going to die – I hope it will be quickly and not a dragged out process.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Bury and Macclesfield were supposedly to have died but look at them now, Oldham to boot, Andy Burnham leading a task force to buy the ground back trying to raise the £6 million it will take. Shouldn’t we be looking at the same I’m sure there’s local business men who could get it started.

TintownerBob
    Participant
    Registered On: August 21, 2018
    Topics: 1

Bury and Macclesfield were supposedly to have died but look at them now, Oldham to boot, Andy Burnham leading a task force to buy the ground back trying to raise the £6 million it will take. Shouldn’t we be looking at the same I’m sure there’s local business men who could get it started.

Bury are just awaiting the liquidation to be confirmed. Dont believe anything you read about them being back …. they aren.t.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

We’re did you get that info from Bob?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

We’re did you get that info from Bob?

If it’s a reliable source(sauce) I bet it’s HP again.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

If the club is going to die – I hope it will be quickly and not a dragged out process.

hat

That will no doubt be “what is the most finacially sound for Swann”, he will drag it on as long as it takes, thats why there is no price on the sale, and not even what base the value is assessed on or what the sale actually consists on, to be blunt, there is nothing really left of the club compaired to what it was whem Swann sadly arrived.

EVERY SALE HAS A PRICE TAG ATTATCHED TO IT.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

6 million quid to a fan based consortium, 8 million quid to an outside punter.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.