NL Bottom Four

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace NL Bottom Four

• Author
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

The four teams promoted from NLN & NLS last season still occupy the relegation places in this seasons NL.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

I can remember when we went from div 2 after many seasons into div 1 – the difference was frightening.

That is why I like a manager with more than one plan.

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024
    Topics: 1

Is the transfer embargo still on next year, unless the debts are cleared? If so, that combined with a lower wage bill will most likely result in a similar fate for us if we go up. I think there is 10 expiring contracts this season, one of which is Butterfield.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

And if we don’t go up… crowds will be smaller… income will be lower… ouch… we could run aground and be stuck in NLN for a while?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Wrexham and Notts promoted from the NL last season are more than holding their own in EFL L2.

The NL is stronger then many people think. Arguably stronger than L2!

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Wrexham and Notts promoted from the NL last season are more than holding their own in EFL L2.

The NL is stronger then many people think. Arguably stronger than L2!

I’ve being saying for many years that it should be EFL L3 with four down to (new) NL / four up from (new) NL

1 user thanked author for this post.
    PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024
    Topics: 1

I’d say hardest league to get promoted out of. Lots of very deserving teams miss their shot. Only one automatic means you have to be such a good team, that I think you’re right. The jump in skill from NL to L2 isn’t as big as going to say, L1 to the Championship, the league with former Premier league clubs in it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.